Saving traffic and time for the manufacturer

As @FairyTail_Omaristos suggested just make a table or even a simple .txt document where you note the date of completion of their research projects (and/or other jobs). Could even add them to a calendar of your choice which could even be set to warn you once something is done. You can use online document / calendar managers to not be bound to your current computer when doing so.

As others mentioned some third party website might also help doing this somewhat automatically instead of manually one by one. What you ask for already exists or at least can be done by you with some initial time and effort invested after which it should be minimal effort to maintain, thus don’t think such a new feature is needed.

How many movements instead of 8 numbers next to the name of the pilot in the launcher.

Using spreadsheets or a website I will spend even more time. Thank you for trying to help.

Yes. I also have multiple accounts. This is because I chose to do this. That is the point - it was my choice and so the management of them and what they do is my task to do. There are many more things that could be “optimised” for a far greater number of people to benefit from.

For example - PI. Or PP or w/e it’s being called this week. I have 70 planets running atm but I also know people with 200+ planets. It would be much more use to have a command/feature on the character selection sheet that you can click on one button on the selection screen that would restart the extraction cycle on all of the planets on the characters on that account. Then we would not need to log in to to PI.
Or how about a button on the character selection screen that you click once and it undocks the characters on that account, commands them to go and kill the right number of NPCs to complete their daily SP-reward-missions for the Skilling Spree then docks those chars up and applies those SPs to the skill queue that is on those chars.
Oh - if we can get that why don’t we also have a button on the character selection screen that we click once and it undocks our mining chars and flies them to the belts in the systems they are in to mine for 10 hours at a time each time we press that button because I always need more ore. With so many characters that would make life a lot easier and would then free up a great deal of time so I had the time to check all of the research jobs I have running.

Do you now see where this is going? It will progress in this manner until all you have to do is start the launcher to bloody “win” EVE.
You are basically asking for EVE to be reconfigured to have built-in botting so you don’t have to actually do anything.

Do the things you can do with the time you have and be satisfied.

He is not asking to be able to perform actions before selecting a character, he just wants to see information on the account. Which is generally something you can do with out logging in.

1 Like

That is exactly what I was going to say.

But you can.

Honestly, you already can.

Put all the alts in their own corp, open the indy window and select “owned by corp” in the jobs tab and… you know… you can see them all, not just the 3 chars on that screen. That way, if you “need” to log into a char to once again fill that obviously vital science job slot you can clearly see which one(s) to log in to. All from one screen - not multiple char selection screens over and over.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

It looks like you are reckless trying to win the dispute that you started yourself. And carried away. You mix different tasks in your mind.
Of course, I would like to manage all the tasks of the corporation from one window. Without loading my computer with input and output. But it is too difficult for the ĐĄĐĄP, I understand. Therefore, I need only 4 or 8 digits. Notice, I do not ask for a single extra button.

Erm… I didn’t start his man, you did. Scroll up - you literally created this thread. Not me.

You already have what you want but even better than you are asking for as a character selection screen shows only 1 account of 3 chars. The “all in one corp and use the indy window” shows them ALL at the same time. Not only that, you can click on the “status” column to have them automatically sorted into order of which ones are closest to completion!

You. Already. Have. A. Better. Facility. For This.

In what place is it written how many free slots the pilot has? What exactly do I not understand?

Ok - click the column towards the right which is labelled “installer”. See how it has now grouped those jobs by “character name” instead of “time remaining”?

Right, now considering you have already said that you have 350 slots on 35 chars that means you have all your chars with the maximum of 10 slots per character.

So 10 slots per character is easy to remember. Now… if you look through that list by quickly scrolling down through it and you see one character only has 7 jobs active…

They have 10 slots so subtract the 7 active jobs and this will tell you that that character has 3 slots not currently in use.

Because 10-7=3.

You. Already. Have. A. Better. Facility.

2 Likes

Oh yes. I wrote a little earlier. It. Absolutely. Not. It takes. Smaller. Time. Than. 4-8. Figures. In the launcher.

Well, now we know our points of view. I began to be interested in another question. Why are you so stubbornly defending the ĐĄĐĄP from little work? You do not want to see 4-8 digits? Will it be uncomfortable for you? Are you a developer representative? Or do you want to argue?

1 Like

I use this. It’s still not very convenient. It helps a little. And still, at the moment, I don’t know who and how many free slots.

And I do not have 10 slots yet. One of them is a merchant at the same time and has 5 or 8 slots.I can’t be sure.

Thing is, I do not know your point. Because you do not have one.

You have a better, faster, more informative facility that what you are asking for.

I am not defending anyone, I am trying to get you to see that you are asking for a thing that is not as good as something you already have - something you already use and have even posted a screenshot of!!!

I am not a Dev nor would I want to be as I do not want a job where I never finish it and just get repeatedly told by people like you how bloody easy it would be for me to do something that you clearly have not even the most basic understanding of. You genuinely do not have the first idea about the bloody amount of coding - as well as the bloody frustrating and God-awful hassle implementation of that coding work - it would realistically take to create a track/display feature such as that and stuff it into a process that was never designed for it and then expect it to cope. On the one bit that HAS to work without problems for you to even log into the game in the first place that you now want reworked!

Seriously, get over it and think first about how much more they have to do and the fact that if it was such a good idea and so easy to implement why they have not already done it.
Do you not even consider how much they ALREADY do excluding the amount of “ad hoc” crap they have to deal with like all these recent bloody DDoS’s?

This will be my last reply on this topic as I am getting too frustrated by it.

I wish good luck to you in your continued battle of righteousness with the almost over-whelming struggles you face every day in this nightmare of inconsiderate & unreasonable decisions made by the “obviously lazy” Devs and all of the other staff members that are blatantly made to make life even harder for poor unloved gamers like you.

2 Likes

Well, what are you so worried about. I really have no idea how the programmers workflow is implemented. But I hope that it is somewhat more effective and less difficult than you think. Because I have already come across many effective solutions. For a large, serious team, it is not always difficult to do their job. Sometimes it brings pleasure. The pursuit of excellence, understand? Something good can always be done better. Here is one of the previous topics where I also propose improving the production interface.

There, I really suggested making an unnecessary checkbox. Then he learned new and understood.

You can always improve something. Do not be offended. Regarding the available tools, they are not bad and effective, I agree. And yet it’s not entirely correct that players need to spend a lot of time in order to find out how many pilot slots are available for research. It’s my opinion. Fly safe.

EVE Portal, pushing notifications about finished jobs, also looking up the research and production tab in EVE Portal.

Why not?

It is possible, but this is not for those who have an old android.

If we allowed every single person to add whatever they wanted to the character display window, we would have an ugly display window crammed with useless info that would be confusing to new players.

I would rather CCP spent their time on better things than this, which literally no one but a single person asked for.

1 Like

They may have old android now, but when they change the phone at some point in time, it will have new android.

1 Like

Everything when it happens for the first time, it’s about one person. Recently introduced the ability to enter the accompanying information for the account in the launcher. I use it every day. And I have a nickname and the number of skill points written there. And I change this number almost every day for each account. But this information could be immediately available.

This does not interfere with new players, this is understandable. Name, skill points, free research and industrial slots. But many players could not waste time on extra login in the game. And less load CCP server.

The same could be said of anything.

Why not have chat channels pop up in your character select screen? Many players could not be bothered to log in but want to just chat.

You would be replacing one load for another.