Second Galaxy

That is just a roadmap. How does that answer my question?

The hardware is capped currently at 1000 players per system so its not possible to overload as far as I know. As for the specs those aren’t public so I don’t have details for you there sorry. Given that Aether Wars was able to handle 13k with players and AI without ti di it isn’t inconceivable that the devs at SG have been able to do the same thing except starting smaller. It has been in development for 5 years so they’ve had time to work this out. We won’t know officially until a 1k battle happens however

Lol, so you can just have 900 players in the system you want to defend and no one can ever attack you with more than 100.

Isn’t that some completely different twitch based tech demo?

Will watch from afar. I think the game looks pretty awful compared to EVE, but if it is fun, why not give it a shot one day.

Drop them straight in? Now that sound like Elite Dangerous!

PC Client just got posted since the game is launching today. Also here are the guides to get started

1 Like

I wonder, what will happens, if SG suddenly get 10 times more active players when EVE. Or 100 times more :thinking:

Is there even any sign for that? The “megathread” at launch day has like 1 comment so far. Not very promising. Oh and the comment is about ethnic diversity… wow :rofl:

2 Likes

No way to tell right now. I hope it will be popular enough, EVE need a competition. Also. SG may become a training ground for potential new EVE players.

For me, highsec is a great training ground. You have plenty of lvl one and two sites around, missions, you can PvE with others. There is also enormous metagame about what and how to do something. Ganking in high sec is very rare And you can control risk/profit proportions with occasional jumps into lowsec.

The whole post looks rather like an advertisment to draw some playerbase from EVE

2 Likes

A pretty unsuccessful advertising. Also looks like ultra p2w, typical mobile game as it seems

So I’ve been playing for a few hours and no sign of obvious pay to win yet. That being said getting to look at the galaxy map lawless space vastly outnumbers high security/low security by a lot which is great. The game is pretty massive and there is no way you can see every system even if you zoom out all the way.

1 Like

PvP safety until level 19 which you reach in about two hours if you do the main storyline. High security doesn’t allow any PvP but there is very little of it compared to the rest of the map so its irrelevant. In that regard I suppose its less carebear then EVE is.

1 Like

A 1000 ship battle played on an iPhone? Wonderful :roll_eyes:

You can always play it on PC

Some comparisons I wanted to show

This is a map of all of high sec and low sec. As you can see the number of dots for high sec is not that many. Low security space is a bit bigger but not by a whole lot. I was able to screen capture most if not all of it.

Now comes the next picture. This is the galaxy map zoomed all the way out. All of those regions you see is entirely lawless space for the most part aside from what I have already shown you in the previous screenshot.
Full%20map

Each region itself is massive and it is impossible to view all the systems of one region on your map at once.

As you can see “nullsec” in SG outnumbers the amount of high sec or low sec so it makes you ask which game is more carebear EVE or SG?

1 Like

Well it looks like SG has the win in this department…

1 Like

EVE will win in complexity department; it has way more menus than SG has. So I suppose it depends on what you want. Menus or space to fight over.

What is you gut telling you about the Pew-Pew; does the combat have more mass appeal as that (as you just mentioned) might be very important if the depth isn’t there.

1 Like

I would dispute that Second Galaxy doesn’t have depth it’s just a difference in how that depth is conveyed. Making a game with a ton of menus doesn’t automatically make it fun. Obviously EVE has more then just a lot of menu’s but it couldn’t hurt to streamline some of it which I’ll give CCP credit for they have tried to do. I don’t play EVE to click through a ton of menus I play EVE for intergalactic war in a no holds barred environment which has sadly been stifled due to actions taken by the company. No doubt SG has the benefit of learning from EVE’s 16 year life but EVE could learn some things from SG too. Mainly slimming down the fat of high sec. Combat feels much more engaging too though that probably has a lot to do with the visual effects. Probably some other stuff too but the game is only one day old so it will take time to figure out.

1 Like

TY…and thanks for taking the time to report here. Will keep reading…

1 Like