Second Galaxy

First video about fleets and war. Good footage all around. Can’t wait to see the first 1000 player battle.

Interesting. Just downloaded the game. Is it completely sandbox? 1 server or different servers? limit on number of players?

I tried it…

Makes one appreciate EVE. (the game)

For now.

1 Like

How does SG stack up in terms of economy/market?

1 server for everyone, no pvp in high sec but given that the amount of high sec in SG is extremely small given the rest the universe (like roughly only 22 solar systems total) You can start PvPing when you reach level 19 which takes you about an hour and until you get there you can’t go into lawless. Battles are up to 1k players but I expect that will increase over time. I can’t talk about the market too much because I haven’t explored it too much but you can make your own ships and items.

Taken during a sov war (not mine)
jykdjvwb5vn31

Speaking of sov alliances are filling up the map pretty fast
Screenshot_1

When I see “pay to finish your research in 5 min, not in month”. I guess it’s p2w. Free player will be never close to catch up with meta or anything. Game seams to be great in design but mobile market will kill even best idea.

1 Like

Research times are actually faster then EVE. It can take 7 to 28 days on an alpha clone to train a skill; in SG I have skills up to 4 and the longest it has taken is 2 hours.

Oh wow, yeah that is really really bad. Do you have a screenshot of this? Sounds like classic predatory mobile games bs.

I don’t have screenshot since game is no longer on my hard drive but here is quote from game main website.

Unlike skills, research generally takes some time to finish. But players can reduce this time by using assisting recruits with corresponding specialties or instant finish by using Iridiums.

http://secondgalaxy.zlongame.com/jx/glen/20190908/6137.html

** Iridium**
Iridium cannot be obtained from any feature in the game, the only method is to purchase it with real money.
It can be used to buy packs, resources in Galaxia, or paid to accelerate Research, Decryption and Base Relocation.

http://secondgalaxy.zlongame.com/jx/glen/20190908/6130.html

Welcome to mobile game market…

Edit: not even mentioning “premium” ships that don’t require “skills” (pilot license). You just buy it an fly.

1 Like

Wow, maybe the find some most find gamers who are used to that ■■■■ to play the game. But this kills it for me.

The research times really aren’t that bad; faster then EVEs and you only pay cash if you want to. Also I was flying a battleship within about two days so its definitely easier to advance then EVE is in that regard. I am not saying EVE should be like SG in this way merely pointing out you have a lot more options in a much quicker time.

Man, it is 2019 and this is a forum of a PC game. Do you actually believe someone is buying that BS? It is a predatory game mechanic to pressure people into paying more money with a cheap psycological trick more and more gamers become actively aware of and hostile against. It is not a “convenience” feature, it isn’t there to help people in any way.

This game isn’t up for a good start. Good luck playing it, but I will not touch it.

1 Like

The game can be run on PC >< From a perspective of an alpha clone one can argue EVE is pay to win as well. While SG is nowhere near the complexity that EVE is one can at least in theory fly a titan without having to pay anything.

1 Like

And in EVE you can do that without paying. I can guaranteeing that. While in EVE you will always find person that have more SP than you, more knowledge or isk to be ahead of you. Here no matter how long you play, bigger wallet wins.

People play what they like more. It’s a game after all. You enjoy it? Go and play it.

Massive battle between two corps, probably the biggest in Second Galaxy’s history so far.

It looks very much like EVE online but on smartphone and simpler. I thought its that EVE game that was supposed to release by some chinese company working with CCP. What happened with it? Is it this but with a changed name and some other game assets? :thinking:

I guess you think about this:
https://www.ccpgames.com/news/2018/netease-and-ccp-reveal-eve-echoes-an-authentic-eve-online-experience-for

1 Like

Will have to check who makes the mobile space game better.

Bur why is that chinese company logo look like a burning :poop: tho?

This is my first time logging in a little over 5 years. I’m in grad school now working part time and going to school full time. I have a lot of downtime because grad school is bs and it’s a repeat of old material you learn in your undergrad.

I found SG by sheer accident and I agree with another poster’s comment that the purchase predatory factor of the game is cringeworthy. It’ll become a GOW look a like where players spend stupid amounts of money to get ahead. So yes, it’s pay to win.

Secondly, this game is a copied version of eve online. Someone actually stole intellectual property. Bad example, but if you can remember like 8 years ago Eminem and some car company did a commercial during the Super Bowl. It was such a hit that some Italian car company copied the commercial in way that seemed similar. When the case went to court the Italian car company was sued because it “seemed” similar.

This isn’t a seemingly “similar“ game. This is a “copied” game. There are obvious elements that were taken from eve.

Replay factor: Nonexistent. Get to level 19 and quit the game. You realize it’s a money pit. It costs real life money to buy the items needed to upgrade skills. A lot of real life money.

Looking ahead: The game will be a hit in Asian markets. No where else.

My advice: Stay away.

For me it reminded me of why I quit eve. The cautionary tale behind the founding of darkness n despair. (If anyone knows where to dig that one up)

When you’re kid without obligations (unmarried and in college), eve can be a lot of fun. It is a cheap way to stay out of trouble and occupy your down time between classes.

However, as an adult, it is really effective in destroying close and personal relationships.

4 Likes