Second Galaxy

Second Galaxy seems to be so similar to Eve that I can’t help thinking it’s really a BETA for the real Eve mobile game. It is extremely pay to win and I feel like maybe some branch of the company that bought CCP is testing how far they can push things before releasing the real game.

That’s my conspiracy theory anyway. I was loving Second Galaxy but it is pay to win all day long and you can see how many people are throwing cash at it by joining a corp and being rewarded every time your corp mates buy something.

Господа, кто хочет ПвП и пострелушек, рекомендуемс. В СГ есть чем заняться.
*Корпорация Russia ведет набор активных игроков! Стань частью крупнейшего альянса, сражайся вместе с лучшими бойцами вселенной, прояви себя! Легко не будет, будет интересно ! Russia https://discord.gg/v4zfMXK

Update: Continued to play until level 27. I stopped when I accidentally overheard a conversation about how some guy took out a reverse mortgage out on his house to pay for “digital services”. That’s a hardcore gaming addiction. It’s additional drama I’d rather not be apart of.

3 Likes

I don’t really agree that eve is dangerous for new guys, what new bro is going to be carrying anything worth killing them for?

The follow up to that being, any ship they have that might be blapped isn’t worth much anyway.

I just gave Second Galaxy a try. I don’t know why, but it feels weird. And in a bad way. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it just gave me some bad vibes. Maybe it was the UI, the sound, or something else.
Oh, and it definetly is a rip-off of EVE.

1 Like

The first three months it was possible to play, but the developer decided that “more gold” was needed.
Now it’s just a cash cow.

shocked_face_2

edit: BTW, ty for the info…glad I avoided it…

3 Likes

Hate to break it to you but Eve isn’t really Eve any more. As much as I love the game, it has been sold to a big money corporation. CCP sold their soul to the devil. I do love the game and will be sad if and when it finally dies, but I’ll continue to play for as long as I can.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind playing an Eve-clone if it’s created by people who have real passion for the game Eve used to be and who want to continue another game with the same spirit.

Currently looking at other games like this one because at this point we have to keep our options open.

1 Like

They said that Eve Online was ridiculously complex…meh. Undock, target and click. Please don’t fill the kids heads with more plop than is already there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.