Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

Popular? Popular events were system wide beacon events. All I see, abyss is getting lower participation and it looks better because of the event, people just farming boosters. This is high end pve content, it never should be bind to “events”, it’s just marketing show off.

3 Likes

You must be a real statistic’s guru. You do realize that from your first graph there’s less than a 5% increase in ‘popularity’ in this month compared to the last month, right?

When did popular translate to good?

Why is there an increase in ‘popularity’? Might it have something to do with the removal of the suspect flag and an event that rewards skill boosters that many people want and skins?

Have you compared the data with any other activity in EVE?

The second graph doesn’t tell you that people are dying in cheaper ships. That’s an assumption you could make, perhaps. The graph shows you that the ISK loss has been less this month that in previous months. Then you could guess a number of factors, one of the factors could be that fewer people are dying, perhaps due to a decrease in participation. If you combine with the first graph you could even make an assumption that fewer people are dying because the ones who do run abyssals are probably experienced and farming it. The NPC kills go up while player deaths go down. I’ve farmed 60 hours of abyssals so I’m contributing to the first graph and not the second.

Nice try though. Popularity. Unbelievable.

4 Likes

Btw, there is another, beautiful and self-explanatory indicator. Go to Jita, open market history for the Gila and look on the Price History tab, especially on the sales volume numbers.

1 Like

I don’t have to go anywhere since I’ve been farming abyssals every day since before the suspect flag was removed. The guy above was saying that since abyssals have become more ‘popular’ then surely the whole thing can’t be bad, am I right? :kappa:

But on that personal note, like I’ve said before, since there has been an increase in supply because of a) suspect flag removed b) event; and there has been no other change to the demand, the price for the items supplied has crashed. While at the same time the price for consumables, such as filaments, ammo and boosters has gone up. So add that to all the other problems we’re experiencing with the event at the moment and there you have it. It’s popular, can’t be bad am I right?

All the while, I still can’t participate in the event because it’s bugged. But hey hey hey, it’s popular.

2 Likes

Do you feel compelled to participate?

More kills, less points = yes, it is not few selected profesionals occasionaly losing expensive ships. It is mass losing of cheap ships by players, who was not diving before and therefor losing ships due to be unexperienced.

About popularity, yes it is popular. In game channels is full of new abyss divers asking for fits and advices. Salt here in forum by players, who thought that real life currency, converted to skill injectors, will win them any part of Eve. Posted stats shows, that if there would be 3 times less kills, if there would be no event.

1 Like

you have to compare it to the other events to make that statement but I don’t think there is public tools for that.

I did not say it is most popular. Most probably least popular, but I still see players participating it en mass…

1 Like

I can’t be the only one having a problem using my drones since the new patch.
I’ve done hundreds (thousands maybe) of missions from L1-4 and when I click a target and tell my drones to engage, they do (assuming no issues with range of course). When I tell them to return to the drone bay, they do.

Until I went into my first Abyssal site after the last patch. Deployed my drones, locked a target (well within range) clicked to engage target and…
nothing.
Drones just sit there idle. Double check, click again. Nothing. Click 896 MORE TIMES and STILL they won’t engage.
Start shooting at the target and suddenly the drones engage.

Target dies, pick new target, click on drones to engage - they WON’T do it. If I am lucky they will go after another target. Maybe.
Try to call them back, they WON’T return to the drone bay.
I almost timed out of one site because I couldn’t get my drones, which were circling my ship, to return to the drone bay.

This has happened in 3 types of sites (Calm Firestorm, Agitated Firestorm and Calm Electrical) while using 3 different ships (Moa, Ashimmu and Caracal), on a character that has near 150 mil SP (mostly in weapons/ships/drones/etc).
(Also tested in normal hisec on a 4th ship type - same problem.)

Yes, I have petitioned it. It seems the only way I can get the drones to work is to click on each of them individually and then give them the command as it doesn’t work if I click on the “group” name and doesn’t work if I highlight the drones and then try to give them the command.

So it seems something was screwed up in the drone control commands during the last patch. It’s cost me a couple ships so far but that’s not a problem.

Would just like to have the controls working properly again so that I spend less time cursing and clicking and more time having fun.

1 Like

Another downtime, and the duplicate tasks bug has still not been touched. Now got 3 “Exploratory Sequencing” which just chain endlessly into more “Exploratory Sequencing”.

Believe me, I’m trying as hard as I can to cause them to bug-out and be replaced with “Delve into the Abyss” so I can get back to earning boosters, but no luck so far, this task, which is worthless to me seems to be the only one which is stable and doesn’t bug-out.

Its not a great feeling when you’ve got to break the broken thing to try and get back to normal operations.

2 Likes

Loot drops seem to have been upped a bit for the Abyss, or maybe I just got lucky yesterday.
Anyway, as it stands:

• I still have duplicate tasks (finishing a pocket gives me double points, yay), which means I never get the task of shooting x amount of rats anymore
  • The Delve task is stuck at T4 for the 3rd day, so basically useless
  • My wrist is hurting from opening all the vaults and I’ve given up on it
  • Those vaults would have been perfect to contain accelerators to drop and it amazes me that this wasn’t implemented; this is the first event that’s not dropping accelerators as loot.
  • I’ve missed at least 100 points from forgetting to claim the rewards
  • Still no word on what we’re supposed to do with those balls that drop from the vaults
2 Likes

@CCP_Dragon

I can’t finish a level 5 site.

Why is the event and accelerators locked for me?

It’s super unfair and makes me wanna quit eve.

Make it so the quests reset at downtime, so I can at least do lvl 1-4 eve day and complete the event and get some accelerators.

So far I had fun at day 1 of the event. Then hit this brick wall of being stuck for days at lvl 5 site, chaotic site. Now I’m considering just quitting eve and cancelling my subscription.

2 Likes

from patch notes

• The event challenge chain ‘Delve Into the Abyss’ (parts 2-5) will now reset at downtime, if they have not been completed.

uum no it doesn’t, would you care to fix the patch please before the event finishes?

2 Likes

And maybe extend the event for a couple of days once it actually works?

2 Likes

Whoa! Where are you find it?

Todays patch notes

2 Likes

Yeah, I see it.

Yes! Event appeared again for me!

But no, ‘Delve Into the Abyss’ was not restarted (for my other accs)

2 Likes

The event is still missing entirely for me, even though in the patch notes it says it’s fixed. I’m done.

1 Like

Same here. Still on the 5th stage where it finished yesterday on mine.

2 Likes

yes, not enough time left now. after losing the first days progress, the bugs, the messed up patches, and the general poor design and implementation, this is now a completely failed event.

Pity It had potential, It would have been better if they had solved the core abyss balance before they had an event and a marketing push, then market a polished product, completely making a hash of the event, has really just made it an embarrassment.

If they do extend it it needs a complete new event length. because it will take quite a leap of faith for anyone to re-engage with it.

Edit, The more likely response is to pretend nothing happened, and hope no one noticed!!!

Yeah, good luck with that!

3 Likes