Secrets Of The Abyss - Event Feedback Thread

Is the iconic epitaph on the gravestone on all things CCP touches

1 Like

[quote]
You must be a real statistic’s guru. You do realize that from your first graph there’s less than a 5% increase in ‘popularity’ in this month compared to the last month, right?[/quote]
The month isn’t over yet and the event has only been on for 3 days. There’s still a week left in this month during which the event will be active the entire time. So the August number is bound to go up considerably and the difference will likely end up in the general direction of 30% if not more.

It’s still not a huge difference, but it’s noteworthy.

Of course the reason for the increase is the fact that there’s an event that rewards boosters and skins. The rewards are the primary reason people do events.

The suspect flag removal may have had some impact, but I doubt it’s very big.

The first table lists the kills caused by abyssal NPCs, the second kills made by the abyssal environment (when the timer runs out). In both cases, you can divide the total ISK lost by the number of kills to obtain the average ISK per loss. And that number is lower for August than for July, demonstrating that people are losing cheaper ships on average.

Can I have your stuff if you do? :smirk: :smiling_imp:

Major glitch or problems on release. Check.
Repetitive actions that induce carpal tunnel. Check.
Uninspiring prizes or milestones. Check.
Problems with accelerators. Check.
Oblivious to feedback from current and previous events. Check and check.

Seriously, how the f*ck can you continue to screw up to this extent?

8 Likes

Ok, I’ll just post this here also. I was thinking boosters didn’t work for me. I guess the UI has changed last time I used them. Back then, IIRC, it just showed whole queue faster as you had higher stats.

NOW there is small icons on each individual skill that gets the boost only during the duration… was easy to miss for me, but now that I know what to look for… it is there. Small lightning icon on the actual skill. and it moves if I swap things around.

So, apart for starting hicups; event has worked for me. I got lucky with tasks not multiplying.

2 Likes

How can you completely ignore feedback from multiple threads, reddit, and for gods sake you sent out a questionare to many many emails and I KNOW they all said, abyss rewards are horrible and this was way before the event. So you ignored it all?

Then you make an event for content people do not wish to do? How does this help EvE overall? Does it help EvE? Have you people become so one minded that if people don’t like doing something you are going to make them do it anyways?

Do you really believe you are going to get any kind of “margin” of people to do the Abyss after the event. Is that a realistic expectation?

EvE players play all over the world and from many places with not the greatest internet. While this is desirable and wonderfull, making events where they specifically feel they shouldn’t play is not. I do not know who thought this kind of content into existence but I dare say “you sir are an idiot”.

I enjoy EvE but this game has clearly become what someone wants and that’s it, no matter how much ask and answer ■■■■■■■■ you do, at the end of the day, you really don’t give a ■■■■ what people had to say.
Nice precedence.

8 Likes

That’s a hard hitting post, the danger is that it is easy to dismiss as an angry player, but the fact is you aren’t wrong with your points.

They do not seem to have listened to the feedback, and are unwilling to change the viewpoints that led to the original decisions.

There is little point here in detailing the problems, everyone who actually does them knows all about them, and they are only defended by those who do not do them and are happy to see someone else suffer.

I am sure, If CCP has paid attention they also know them, but backing away from bad decisions and doing them right, facing the fact that first try was not exactly successful, has never been one of their strong points.

From a managers viewpoint it is far easier to say the players are wrong and just don’t understand his “vision” than admit he didn’t get why and how players play the game, and why it was a horrible mistake.

2 Likes

A good first step to salvaging the abyss is adding a button where you have a choice not to warp off on disconnect when you are inside it.

1 Like

There is no emergency warp-off in Abyss. Still this doesn’t matter much as NPC will most probably kill your ship anyway after you disconnect OR it will eventually drift into the Abyss bubble boundary OR the timer will run out

1 Like

Why is there a new banner on my display for this ridiculous event, that I will never participate in, that apparently cannot be removed?

1 Like

Probably the best idea is for the worthwhile loot to be in the third room, and only filaments and lore stuff in the first two.

If you disconnect, you are spat out, If you run out of time, you are spat out.

And you cannot get the third room loot if it is guarded.

This takes account of reality, no one can guarantee the client won’t crash, or that your isp is competent.

The “death timer” mechanic no doubt sounded great to marketing, and they got some quick publicity. “Look how hardcore EVE is, subscribe now! Or BUY PLEX!”

But that has had it’s moment, that story has been told and is worn out now, like an old joke the third time you hear it, it’s no longer interesting or gets People to listen, and certainly doesn’t Get people to go into the abyss.

It can go now, it served it’s purpose, and needs to if you want players to actually persist with the content or even to embrace it. Time for the abyss to become what it always should have been.

7 Likes

On one of my characters I somehow ended up with this

ab_event

LOL how and why ?

3 Likes

Where’`s my commission? Are we still fair?

CPP? I just wanted to say one thing.

REMOVE THE TIMER

4 Likes

Yes, remove the timer. If you loose ship to NPCs or other player that is fine, but it sucks dying to the timer.

5 Likes

It’s funny, the only players that want a Hard death timer rather than a spit out timer are those who don’t actually do the abyss, and just enjoy reading the killboards and even they have lost interest now. :man_shrugging:

Yes! remove the Death timer, It has had it’s moment in the sun, now it has had it’s day.

It is time to let the abyss mature into a proper feature rather than just being a short lived marketing ploy, that may have worked for a few short weeks, but you can’t invest all that development time just for a couple of headlines on redddit, and then let it die unloved and unwanted, deformed from birth, and never giving it the care it desperately needs.

With a little love and care, the Abyss may be the best work CCP has ever done, with a bright future, drawing in and keeping players, happy, active and engaged for years to come…

Or without, being remembered as something that was a freak show for a few short months.

4 Likes

Man, haven’t logged in in almost a month. Anyways, one bug I have is I have a duplicated objective, specifically one asking to run a T3/4/5 site. While I haven’t tested my fit in a T3 yet, I’m pretty confident I can manage it, but given you cannot cancel and reshuffle objectives (and I don’t see any timers except the one for the actual event, so don’t know if they reshuffle on their own after 24hrs), that means someone could get stuck with two or more objectives they cannot run. Especially given you can also only have 4 objectives running at one time. That could kill the amount of points they could potentially get each day. All that does is create a potentially wide divide in efficacy between rookie players and vets. And let’s all be honest, Abyssals do not need any more reasons to not run them as is. I’m fine with this particular case as I’m planning to run a T3 tomorrow anyways, so it was actually rather convenient for me, but what if it was asking for T5’s only? I’d be pretty upset and so would anyone else not willing to make that jump that now two of my for objectives are effectively null and void. Just a thought.

Also, what’s up with having to open the Agency each time and redeeming the points? Please tell me that’s not suppose to be the case. Considering the performance problems the Agency window has and the risks of constantly loosing a bit of progress on the next objective if it includes things like kill tallying, requiring the player to redeem the points is a pretty s***** (sorry mods, site didn’t censor that) move on CCP’s part. Hopefully both of these or at least one of them is an oversight and not intended – again, Abyssals could use all the help they can get.

Finally, I’ve given a lot of thought over the whole issue with a kill timer. Normally, under any other circumstances, I would’ve actually sided with CCP on the kill timer. It’s not that the risks are not fair or even an interesting addition, but the rewards compared to therein just don’t seem enough to warrant it here. I actually like the idea, crazy as that sounds, but not when I haven’t yet heard anyone say they are even worth it below T5 yet people are loosing well equipped boats and exotic imp sets in T1’s despite good planning and multi-billion ISK investments. So I’m jumping on the bandwagon for getting it removed or at the very least re-balanced to scale with the tier levels.

2 Likes

Then i could just spend a fortune on a fit, and never be worried about losing it. Sounds like a bad idea

Downtime has come and gone, but the Delve into the Abyss task has not reset.

3 Likes

Another downtime, still no event to be found. Do I need to reinstall my game or something?