Security status effects tethering

thank you.

In that case I would wait for an official statement from CCPs side. The current rumormongering is not helpful in any way.

i like new changes.

2 Likes

I am participating in the Ashes of Creation community since alpha, you would be surprised about things carebears are whinning about while not even playing in the alpha dev.

AoC btw, is the closest thing to EVE I have seen, thereā€™s war decs, thereā€™s ganking, thereā€™s killing caravans (kinda killing freighters), thereā€™s player structures, thereā€™s node wars (kinda like Faction Warfare), thereā€™s sieges with timers (kinda line our bashes) etc.

But the carebears keep this outcry that everything is griefing!
They want full protection so they can go harvest stuff in other regionsā€¦

I say that griefing only exists in PVE games, one example is Minecraft or Factorio, if you can log in the server and destroy everybodyā€™s base without no PVP to stop you than thatā€™s griefing.

In full blown PVP games thereā€™s fights only, nobody says they got griefed playing Counter-Strike.

2 Likes

I think of such things sometimes too!

For example: if you have an Orca then you ar war eligible.
Why only be war elligible if you have a strucutre? :grimacing:

1 Like

Letā€™s think about this with some clarity for a mommentā€¦

Message 1: this could be a link between system security status and the character security statusā€¦ maybe a -10 player will only dock in a 0. system? So if you want to dock at Uedama you would need to be a -5?

Message 2: this is about the Criminal timer, right? This means nothing in pratical terms, since today you canā€™t do anything in a ship while in a Criminal timer, you canā€™t even board a corvette. This is related to Crimewatch

Messge 3: tether is clearly disabled and the negative sec pilot is in tethering range.

Well, I guess I will have to log in Sisi and see this by myself if itā€™s already there.

2 Likes

I mean that is pretty much always the case for a gank character, so I donā€™t know why everyone is crying

But this sounds like a big nerf and f-u to lowsec pirates

2 Likes

You are actually right, it says criminal timer right there. So this isnā€™t something new, just maybe a new message to make game rules clear.

1 Like

You are damn right

It doesnā€™t say anything about criminal timer.

Itā€™s in the second line in Usage column as:

UI/Crimewatch/CriminalStatus

I would suggest going by the description and what it says, rather than the usage. Iā€™m pretty sure it doesnā€™t mean criminal timer.

CCP should be very clear in their messages/statements wether they mean ā€œcriminalā€ or ā€œoutlawā€. There is often confusion and even some of the Messages all pilots on grid receive when an ā€œoutlawā€ enters the grid, calls them ā€œcriminalā€ even if he has no ā€œcriminal timerā€.

Right now itā€™s just some lines of leaked data that may or may not amount to anything. If someone knows they are being used on Singularity and exactly how, then thatā€™d be of interest and evidence of somewhat serious intent to use them, but as it stands thereā€™s not much but wild speculation on text that isnā€™t even clear enough for people to agree on what it means or implies.

2 Likes

A) The third line is the only concerning one, but this spreadsheet could be about organising better the ingame messages.

B) This could mean that the station owner can set tether permission based on security status, but maybe he would have to manually do that.

For now it doesnā€™t mean that all tether will be denied regardless the ownerā€™s will.

I think the worst case scenario would be that all gank corps would have to anchor their own stations and fight highsec wars instead of having holding corps.

If that is the case then I want the Faction Police to be turned off on grids that have player owned structures.

1 Like

In addition to the bullets listed in the prior thread [0], there are upcoming changes on Singularity[1, 2] that will make it harder for newbies to pirate in high sec, and continue to generally make the marginalized and dwindling number of lowsec piratesā€™ lifes miserable. Itā€™s pretty clear CCP wants to keep pirates around as ā€œtokensā€ of the ā€œdangerous universeā€ and not actually make the universe dangerous.

• Alpha clones are prevented from disabling safety in high security space and are unable to perform criminal actions.

This is a PVP Paywall: ā€œMust pay to PVP in this zoneā€

• {[character]owner.name}, your security status is too low for this system. You will be attacked on sight and refused tethering rights on all structures.
  • {[character]owner.name}, security status low. Criminal threat detected. You will be attacked on sight and refused tethering and docking in any structure or station in the system while in ship.
  • Security status low. Criminal threat detected. Docking permissions denied. You are only allowed to dock in your capsule.

[0] How has piracy been nerfed over the years?
[1] Hoboleaks: Tranquility (Build: 2144457) to Singularity (Build: 2146390)
[2] Hoboleaks: Tranquility (Build: 2144457) to Singularity (Build: 2146390)

7 Likes

Lol. Idiots.

5 Likes

The Alpha ā€œno-red-safety in high secā€ change is the first instance of an explicit PvP Paywall: ā€œMust pay to PVP in this zoneā€.

I am very much against this.

14 Likes

High sec will become a near-perfectly safe haven for mining and mission botsā€¦

5 Likes

The unfortunate drawback of an ā€˜altā€™ friendly mmo. Well you can always omega multiple accounts.

Im also against this. The results will speak for themselves when prices of ore and materials crash. Ganking has been a part of eve forever, and while i understand protecting NEW players, being ganked in my past has taught both myself and many others in Eve how to fly better.

To the people that support thisā€¦this will not end how you expect. Remember this comment.

7 Likes