[September] Fitting Warnings and other QoL changes

Interesting stuff all around.

Indeed, seems like this one was first mentioned 2-3 years ago.

Obviously has lots of relevance to freighter/bowhead/orca ganking and such, but… I was excited when I first heard about it because I was once stuck in an accel gate for 2 mins or so, and I can imagine being stuck in one for 3+… FREEDOM, at last! :slight_smile:

Methinks you guys may have forgotten about the Override Transfer Array hacking still being oldschool and often needing more than one cycle…

Didn’t know that FOFs were ignoring the max targeting range… so they would just whiff at distant targets and waste themselves? I use 'em quite often but not usually anywhere near their range limitations.

Oh, the missiles were actually doing DAMAGE at crazy ranges? I thought the dev’s OP just meant they were firing at crazy ranges but couldn’t actually hit out that far so you were wasting your ammo. Interesting.

A lot of ganking on or near gates, sure… but a lot of that is tech 1 or 2 industrials. I still see freighters being bumped or ganked or their wrecks/wrecks of their gankers 100s of kms off gates in Niarja/Mad and Uedama/Sivala while just passing through quite often. Just salvaged a freighter wreck and a ton of catalyst wrecks last week in Niarja/Mad 200 or so off gate with my travel hecate, in fact.

During EUTZ when it’s super-busy/plenty of bodies around maybe. I’m USTZ and I see one or two bumpers working a freighter far far from gates for well over a minute quite often. I once waited (wanting to salvage the resulting wreck(s)) for 5-10 mins… and then the freighter got away from the mach… welp!

I don’t believe they ever promised suspect timers were coming back for t4/t5s at a specific date or time range… when they removed them (after they were around for only late May/all June/all July/part of August 2018, maybe 2.5 months or so after the original Trig Abyss update introduced that content to the game) I believe they said they were doing it experimentally and it might be temporary.

Ding. Not just Orcas, lots of BS and up sized ships can get stuck on rocks, NPC stations, acceleration gates (when you warp in right between the teeth and can’t bounce away, ugh!), various mission/anom/sig site geometry, etc.

If EVE thought aligning was an attempt to warp and would warp our ships without us or a squad/wing/fleet commander requesting the actual warp, that would be really crappy and this would have been a problem already. Obviously they mean when you initiate warp but your ship (for whatever reason) cannot warp due to collisions with objects (stuck) or other ships (bumping).

They’re coming! Armor slaves are now Amulets, after all! ;D

“… after three minute of attempting to align and [attempting to] reach the required speed” is what Lebowski meant with that sentence, I’m sure. Your ship performs both actions automatically once a warp command is issued when not pointed or scrammed enough to prevent it from even starting, after all.

Ahahahah… what is dead may never die.

… or…

The Ishtar is dead, long live the Ishtar!

You have missed one place where cycling Data Analyzers is needed: Override Transfer Arrays in Vanguard Incursions. They use the old mechanic where it just cycles with no minigame. It’s probably not worth blocking the change over (you can just hit the module again, after all), but it is a regression…

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up!
This was indeed a missed spot, but we discussed this already yesterday within the team. We are currently investigating moving those Override Transfer Arrays also over to the minigame. Would this be acceptable, assuming you are actively running incursions?

1 Like

3 минуты это много. Проблемы это не решит. Если отмываться станет труднее раз в 10, тогда будет норм!

Больше сотни разработчиков усердно работали 3 месяца чтобы воткнуть 10 костылей.
Эту игру спасет только ВАЙП…
вайп компании а не сервера.

Will need to see what FoF range they will get. And event if the Sleeper did not attack back do not think you are safe. We loose plenty of ships to gankers. Non WH people always forget that we do not have a local in WH space, so we nerver ever, know if we are alone and safe.

это обновление НИЧЕГО НЕ ИЗМЕНИТ!
Складывается впечатление что все создатели кораблей, миссий и прочего геймплея, уволены.
Остались только ленивые дизайнеры, переложившие на игроков свою работу по сопутствующему товару.

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Edit. If this is really going to work, then this is the last time for me to post this. :grin::grin::grin: Look at 51:42

So now veteran freighter pilots are just gonna grief noob bumpers endlessly.

3 Likes

Of course! New player fly around in multi billion freighters so we must stop bumping. Are you people at ccp utterly deranged?

1 Like

Unless this change to bumping isn’t fully explained, there’s nothing to prevent bumpers from bumping AFK pilots on the inbound side of the gate, since they aren’t aligning to enter warp.

I look forward to the first AFK freighter pilot with billions in cargo getting ganked coming here to rage.

2 Likes

Can we get some love for the Tech 3 cruiser fitting, such as a subsystem bay button when applicable, and a way to choose/apply a fit with out first building the hull/fitting the subsystems.

Once the code & mechanic of the autowarp is tested, the actual timer can probably be easily modified at a later stage. It’s also easier for testing to set it to a short period.

I’m betting someone looked at the GM “stuck” queue and realised how much the weirdly shaped space debris was costing the company.

how about a freigher damage control module like the assault damage control?

1 Like

Nerfing highsec ganking once again? Where is the accompanying buff to ganking?

I was really thinking EVE gets back on track, looks like you are still headed for the wall. You actually still think more people will play if you continue to remove niches for creating content without replacement?

I don’t say keep the bumping, I just say at least open some other opportunities to mess with people in highsec along with the removal of it.

1 Like

love it

1 Like

Chaos only for null sec.

How are noob bumpers supposed to practice if the freighter just warps off?

2 Likes

Good change in my books!

I don’t mind ganking but I do mind endless bumping, I was once bumped for 45 minutes straight - if you’re going to gank then gank but endless bumping is just a waste of time. This change doesn’t end ganking it just means you don’t have an unlimited amount of time to do it but it does end ransom bumping if you don’t have the firepower to backup your bump with a gank. All good stuff from my point of view.

Any freighters that autopilot are still vulnerable as Anne Dieu-le-veut pointed out you can always get them while the autopilot is slow boating towards the next gate.

3 minutes might possibly be on the short side, plenty of time if everyone is ready to go of course and you have the numbers to ignore the gate guns but the number of minutes can always be tweaked later on if it proves too restrictive.

2 Likes