SESPS Response to I-RED Demands & Unprovoked Attacks in Uchoshi

But that is the question, where does the loyalty of the 103rd and SESPS lie. Is it to the State or to the clades

1 Like

:popcorn:

3 Likes

Obviously I cannot speak for SESPS, though all their facilities were public freeports for all to use, so draw your own conclusions from that.

As for my corporation, I believe it is blatantly clear where our loyalties lie. Our objective is to support the State and repel Federal and Republican forces trying to unlawfully interfere in the Colonial Development Zone. I am not sure where this doubt is coming from.

all sounds like it includes enemies of the state. you can’t claim loyalty and allow such people access to your facility. Aiding the trigs makes you just as guilty.

1 Like

I believe they claimed neutrality, not loyalty, just like countless other freeports and stations throughout New Eden.

We, of the 103rd, claim loyalty, and I’d like to think we live by that claim, despite our relatively recent founding.

And as I stated before I believe the 103rd is an asset to militia. Saying that many of your members speak as being part of Stribog and the only reason that the 103rd does not fly their colors is do to the militia regulations not allowing corps to sign on if they are a part of an alliance that does not also sign on.

This leads me and many others to wonder who they are loyal to first. The Clade or the State.

Secret Space Squirrels were also far more involved with Stribogs than mere Freeports that Kybernauts happened to use. They provided most of Stribog’s former Pochven infrastructure, the loss of which is a matter of public record.

For example, just back in June, Sahara referred to the destruction of this Secret Space Squirrels Azbel in Wirashoda in a this post. At the time, no one was even pretending that Secret Space Squirrels were not Kybernaut affiliated.

Trying to square the “kybernauts’ irreplaceable citadels” of six months ago with the total neutrality claims Secret Space Squirrels is making today will require quite the contortion, though I am sure these decievers are up to the task and will find some awe inspiring way to try and claim that the structures they fought so hard to save were never theirs anyway.

7 Likes

It’s remarkable, really. The Triglavians, enemies though they might be, seems to value strength, clashing of ideals and ideologies, proving in many forms and so on… and the pets flocking to their side seems to largely be gaslighting narrative spinners churlishly trying to hide behind alternate holdings and whining when this blatant nonsense gets pointed out. Violently, at times, but nonetheless.

The poor Trigs must find themselves rather disappointed at the quality of their pets.

Pitiful.

10 Likes

That’s because those drawn to them are the weak, opportunistic, parasites who were unable to rise up among the empires.

1 Like

I’d imagine, then, that the Triglavians probably respect those of us that fight for the State more so than they respect those that fight for them. We at least have the courage of our convictions, and are drawn not to money or power but to the future of our people.

1 Like

It seems likely enough, sir. Interestingly they’ve even been holding sort of … empire-themed tournaments in their arenas from time to time? (Probably not something cleared with the empire governments first, but still.)

They didn’t turn up their noses at traitors’ help or fail to reward them after, but also didn’t shelter them from reprisal forever (though they did do that briefly). The whole thing does have a bit of a Caldari “struggle and survive” sensibility about it, but more … more vicious. A lot, not a little.

It feels like they’ve based their whole society around the idea that conflict drives progress. It’s certainly how they handle large-scale interactions between groups of adults, but I really wonder what a Triglavian creche is like.

2 Likes

One cookie for every three infants. Fight for your food. Dinner (the third meal) sees the victors of three creches fight for who gets dessert.

Says the Fed who flies with people who support both the Triglavians and the Caldari Militia. I guess you know all about forgiving traitors.

These constant demands of self-sabotaging ideological purity for their enemies by people who stick to none themselves - Amarr who fly with pirates, [translator: tribesman/woman, citizen, person] who fly with Triglavians, Feds who fly with supporters of the State - are ridiculous.

3 Likes

Now, now. There are some pressing external threats to all of us that can reasonably unite even the most unlikely of allies in a way that can hardly be considered traitorous.

Like, say, the invasion of our cluster by an ancient group possessing powerful technology hell-bent on kidnapping billions of people regardless of allegiance.

That sort of thing.

Personally, I’m just happy these “kybernauts” or whatever they want to call themselves are distracting the Sleepers from assaulting my colonies. I may not be able to forgive the kidnap of billions of my fellow citizens per se but I might at least be willing to tolerate working with the people that work with the people that did it.

1 Like

Indeed, things rarely are black and white. The thing is, I don’t think anyone here really believes they are; pretty much every capsuleer has made compromises and has friends in low places, or the wrong high places, and prioritizes things that they feel best throws off the most pressing threats on whatever they feel is under their protection.

The only times people in these circles really promote ideological purity in choosing allies is when it serves to break alliances against them. When it comes to choosing their own, same prudence is rarely applied.

5 Likes

Or are the friend in low places…

You forgot the :wine_glass:

You, sister, would be one of the people with friends in the wrong high places.

Perhaps I should share a running log of all the stations services I used to help these eager individuals. Wouldn’t want them getting bored.

Dear diary, yesterday I used The Etsala Legion Ice compression Freeport in Mastakomon. The service was great and the fees reasonable. The faux “Roman” decor was a little off-putting but I suppose there’s no accounting for taste.

1 Like

Fine. If we’re not getting a musical intermission, I’ll bloody well do it myself.

Valerie plays an archaic electronic instrument

1 Like