Ship audio coming out wrong speaker

The ship audio (or at least engine effects) seem to be coming out of the wrong speaker when I’m wearing headphones. For example, if I’m tracking something and my ship is on the left side of the screen, I’ll hear my ship through the right speaker of my headphones.

2 Likes

Welcome The Box Box!
I’ll get the awkward question out of the way first: Are you sure your headphones are on the correct ears and/or working properly? Have you tried with any other programs to see if they’re inverted as well?

Yeah, I’ve made sure repeatedly that my headphones are on the correct ears, and I’m not having this issue with any other games, apps, videos, etc.

@The_Box_Box that’s a strange one, it only affects EVE? No other apps/games? Give Dolby Digital - HD Surround Sound Test - YouTube or Dolby Presents: The World Of Sound | Demo | Dolby Atmos | Dolby - YouTube a listen to test.

Yep! Watched both of those videos, and the audio worked exactly as it was supposed to. Left is left, right is right. It seems it’s only EVE that has this issue. I specifically notice it with my ship’s sounds when I’m tracking something while flying around and warping through systems. Also, I haven’t always had this issue in EVE. It’s relatively new, I think it might have started around the time they started using Directx 12, maybe a little before or a little after, though I could be wrong.

Same problem here, checked the video and everything seems normal there, just eve is inverted. I’m using a Razer headset, if that is a relevant information.

I am having the same problem here and support was no help either.

Same problem here, only on EVE, other games / Youtube is working fine.
It was first noticeable due to looking around my ship while warping - hence the engine sound stereo was reversed. Not sure if other sound effects such as weapons are this way;

1 Like

I have sent bug reports but CCP seem slacking.

Same problem here…

1 Like

Saw a twitch stream with the same problem. Common ccp, fix this!

Any response from the dev? This is a game breaking issue for me.

Did you send a support ticket or bug report? Two different things

I did both, no help at all, all advice didn’t work.

I just recently got some nice speakers that can do directional audio. All other games have their sounds coming from the right direction but NOT EVE. An explosion to my right is played on my left speaker and vice versa.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is this a bug?

1 Like

CCP doesn’t seem to care.

CCP hello, fix this!

̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶R̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶n̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶u̶d̶i̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶r̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶1̶8̶0̶ ̶d̶e̶g̶r̶e̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶’̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶c̶u̶s̶.̶ ̶
̶
̶N̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶i̶s̶y̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶(̶a̶ ̶s̶u̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶b̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶1̶8̶0̶ ̶d̶e̶g̶r̶e̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶L̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶R̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶

Edit: This issue appears to have been fixed as of patch 21.03. From patch notes and confirmed in-game: " * The audio stereo image has been flipped back."

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.