Ships have soul

Why don’t you name it Rocca, that way we would go full circle :wink:

5 Likes

Rocca it is! That actor who played him was badass!
You’ve got mail, too.

4 Likes

That would fit the speculation that life begins on activation of the ship’s Mind. However, that might be seen as appropriation of someone else’ Culture. And, therefore, I must reject this notion. Seductive tho it, and the Blue Lady, might be.

1 Like

You have the heart of a poet. With the sensitivity to shed a tear for your losses. Methinks you have enough creativity to gaze upon your ships and discern their True Name.

2 Likes

What can I say, you got me pegged.
I’m letting Ladybug rest in peace for now. My new Prophecy is called Massillian. Too close to heart to explain except it has to do with my dad.
And big thanks to Han Zealot! :heartbeat:

6 Likes

In some cases because after killing me they taught me stuff about how to get better. In other (rare) cases it’s an implied threat, if they see me on Dscan they see their own name and know something is up.

5 Likes

:+1:

That’s smart! Thanks for the idea. I’m shamelessly stealing it from you.

4 Likes

My Bhaalgorn’s name is “Ex-Wife”. I think it speaks for itself…

5 Likes

Are you trying to make me jealous?
Because it’s working!
The Bhaalgorn is joted down as one of my goals for ships ownership. Just like it’s little cousin, the Redeemer, awesomeness personified.

“Ex-wife” :joy:

3 Likes

I still have my first orca, the Deepspace Horizon, named after the BP oil rig… I commissioned my friend to construct the ship living in nullsec as I tried to get serious into mining, a stepping stone while training/funding 2 rorquals; I mined the mats for my first carrier with it… it survived a massive interceptor fleet warping in and killing a bunch of mining barges, i cloaked on grid as local spiked… then after I got the rorquals I moved it to high sec via wormholes, I encountered an eve scout and they helped me find a route, good thing they were honest as the WH collapsed behind me, and the only way out was forward; now the Deespace Horizon sits in highsec, blinged out, waiting for me to be banished to highsec where it becomes my primary income once again.

6 Likes

Cleaned up the thread by removing off-topic/spam posts.

I dont want to close it so keep it on topic please…

1.Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting
Pyramid Quoting
Rumor Mongering
New Player Bashing
Impersonation
Advertising
7 Likes

As I said before… I really like that name.
It also reminds me of a movie but it wasn’t in space, it was under water - The Abyss.

1 Like

:+1: You’re awesome.

3 Likes

I only have one ship. The Venture. Because all I care about in this game is mining and selling what I mine and since I don’t have enough skills yet I can’t get into an Orca.
My Ventura hasn’t suffered much except that one time I got attacked by a miserable ganking coward in 0.4 but I have a module that allows me to warp away fast so he couldn’t blow me up, the little wretch…

I named my Venture F-U as a message to would-be gankers and tease them a little.

3 Likes

When you’re ready for a Orca, let me know, I’ll get you one free. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks but
Why?

I will tell you in-game. Message me please.

2 Likes

I name all my ships, ones that die well get their name reused if its the same ship type

1 Like

I wish more ships weren’t junk.

Do you have a favorite ship right now? Which of your ships that you have do you like most and what’s its name?
o7