Ships have soul

They’re just pixelated 3D objects.
Do you have a favorite ship?
Do you name your ships?

2 Likes

I named my Zealot Shark Bait. All you need to do is get them to hesitate to get away!

1 Like

I’m going to make a ship dedicated to salvage and name it ISD Bahamut. If I could write a script that would block hypernet spam I would name it ISD_Bahamut-1.0 because it would work flawlessly and be bug free on the first release.
Getting rid of spam is an odious task, I do not envy you. But thanks, spam is disgusting pink jiggly stuff that makes me gag on sight.

2 Likes

For some reason you just gave me the idea that it would be fun to make a useless ship named Lawyer and go looking for sharks in it.
I think I know just the system to find them in!
Also Reapers are free, I could feed hundreds of Lawyers to the sharks there.
I think I’ve just proven that naming ships is fun.

3 Likes

“Most” times I name my ships to fool ppl like me in some way, shape, manner or form. I’m sure most players will think it’s folly, but every second counts.

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/ships-have-soul/

Sigh. So much for the poetry. Pragmatism rears its ugly head. And so, another dim spot of light fades from this sad and benighted reality.

2 Likes

Natalie isn’t here to be a poet. That was your fantasy, blame yourself.

3 Likes

Hey Nat :people_hugging:
You know I got a Drake and a Oracle with the isk you gave me. Again, thank you so very much! I’m still getting all the modules and weaponry together… But you don’t know what I named them. First time naming a ship ever for me, any game or real life.
I named the Drake Drax and the Oracle I named Orca.
Drax is the bad guy in Moonraker ( cool name for a ship, too, btw )
Orca was that movie where that killer whale went after those whalers to defend her young. If you haven’t already seen that movie, I highly recommend it to you, I bet you going to cry watching that movie. I nearly did but I choked it up. Badazz beeches don’t cry.
Anyway. Cool thread, kiddo.
o7

3 Likes

Did you read the OP?

Excitement. Tears. Loss.

Naming of ships.

The waxing poetic of anticipation, offset by grief.

And now you talk of “blame” at its removal?

For shame.

That’s just her style of writing. I’m sure she writes poetry and looks like she’s good at it but her O.P wasn’t meant to be taken as a poem, even if some sentences are poetic.

4 Likes

Yet its style was lyrical enough to attract 15 likes.

But, we move on. To the prosaic and mundane. To pixels that form shapes. And shoot … stuff.

1 Like

Yep… Just shoot stuff, that’s all that matters, lol.

1 Like

Don’t shoot Bigus Dickus, my 10 year old Nereus, please! It is dirty, it is almost breaking apart, but it still carries my stuff around without any major issues.

1 Like

What Did The Romans Ever Do

I wonder if there are enough characters available for that to be a ship name?

I name all my ships, because why not. Though I often add Roman numerical’s to them to denote replacements or a type of fit ready for action.

My favourite name is a bait Maller fit that a player used against me which he used in tandam with a Curse. I was in a Drake with Dracvlad, a Maller in my other account and a friend was in a Hurricane. My Maller went down, his Maller went down and I saved my friend in his Hurricane, by forcing him off just in time, he was going down but neuted me enough to drop the point, my friend had warped out…

Since that time I copied that fit and have used it multiple times as bait and always use that players name for it. Best use was killing a Domi who I had conditioned to shoot me without me fighting until I did…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t take that bet. She’s so sensitive I wonder how she can be in EVE without puking at some of those comments in local. And it’s not like she can ignore local, it’s an indication of who’s in system.

This is who you remind me of, Cel’ah:

4 Likes

:joy: Thanks, that’s so funny!

5 Likes

I’ve never seen so many wrecks… Maybe they had souls too…

3 Likes

Nice trailer! Now I have to check out that movie. :popcorn:

2 Likes

:laughing:You know me so well.

2 Likes