Shooting new players is a good thing! YES or NO?

Internet spaceship sociopath here, checking in. o7

2 Likes

This sad mentality is what keeps Eve from growing as a game. As long as most playerā€™s only focus is disrupting others, not growing themselves, there can be no progress, only stagnation.

3 Likes

I blasted a guy in FW, he got pissed and left. Came back and apologized so I reimbursed him 10x his loss.

On that day he learned 3 valuable things:
1: FW Beacon missions are not a WoW style protected dungeon.
2: How to D-Scan.
3: Not to spend all of your ISK on 1 ship and carry all your stuff (Skillbooks included) in it.

10/10 would do again!

Shooting newbros IS the best thing that can happen:

-they are not fit for the game, they leave.
-the are fit for the game, they learn, HTFU and become sane pilots
-they are not fit for the game but they stay, they become forums AG warriors and provide fun content.

Itā€™s a win-win situation, killā€™em all, Bob will sortā€™em out.

2 Likes

Oh hey you are still around. How is the war against highsec aggression going on the anti-content front? Any victories yet? I dunked some illegal miners yesterday so ganking still works.

Have you tried a noncompetitive game that may fit your taste better yet?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve grown quite rich by disrupting others. Contrary to popular belief, crime does pay.

2 Likes

And on top of that you even have fun playing because it isnā€™t just a mindless chore. Imagine that! In our EVE!!

3 Likes

Totally. I may not be feeling it right now, but historically playing this game has lead to some of the best gaming experiences Iā€™ve had. Iā€™ve made good friends both IRL and in game (some of them at some stages were my ā€˜mortal space enemiesā€™) and spent many years passing on knowledge and experience to countless new players - many of them being newbs that Iā€™ve killed and struck up conversations with.

I popped onto a discord the other day that I hadnā€™t been on for a long time and was chatting to some old friends. Suddenly some guy pipes up ā€˜Hey man, youā€™re that guy, youā€™re the guy who killed me and taught me how to PVP years ago!ā€™. I didnā€™t recall (to my shame) who this guy was but he sure remembered me and for all the right reasons. This made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Iā€™ve done a lot of stuff in my 10+ years playing EVE and was killed in various incarnations by a lot of dicks as a new player. When I say ā€˜dicksā€™ I donā€™t mean they were dicks for doing it, I mean they were dicks post coitus. Sure, I learned not to fly in certain places, but that was it. This is why Iā€™ve always tried to help new players Iā€™ve fought with and Iā€™ve spoken with respect unless challenged or chastised because of this. Respect is earned and remembered, and thatā€™s why I flew with Devils for as long as I did. Raz and Tearz wer always respectful.

I think what Andresoni is also forgetting is that many of us have PVE characters, corporations and alliances that we also operate as well as being ā€˜sociopathsā€™ and our experiences are what allows us to keep ourselves safe and unganked. He talks about ā€˜growthā€™, but how can there be any growth without experience, and by experience I donā€™t mean being at the wrong end of an antimatter round, I mean the fun of being in an ā€˜evilā€™ fleet and being the one pulling the trigger.

Iā€™m Russell Case. I can fly. Iā€™m a pilot. Iā€™m not good or evil, I just shoot things and have fun.

bXjSBgy

o/

2 Likes

In EvE if you cannot protect your own assets then you dont deserve them.

Its EvEs only USP to be honest.

Better to weed out the ones that canā€™t handle it early before they waste months on a game they will end up not liking.

2 Likes

This thread is about shooting new players. Itā€™s not about ganking. You should post this into the right thread, like this one: Ganking has gone too far - #574 by Urien_Dealien_Jita

4 Likes

Is someone upset that they are a victim? It sure seems like it. You preach that these things will stop and that they are against the rules as if you are a savior. Let me tell you, they are fully within the rules and they will continue.

Yes

Are you a space lawyer by any chance?

Coming from someone who is afraid to post with his main that is quite hilarious. :rofl:

You donā€™t mind if we drop you with carriers?

have you not followed this from the startā€¦ im a sociopathā€¦ andā€¦ in their own admissionā€¦ ā€œunfortunately CCP cannot interfere, if itā€™s not outside of the established game mechanicsā€ they even had a press release back in july, im just saying its pretty cowardly guys, come on, defenseless noobsā€¦ what are ya chuckleheads doing, come on down hereā€¦ iā€™ll save ya a spot right in front of my blaster greedoā€¦

and when they cheat the game mechanics, especially, now, using those bot softwares to vm multibox two or more alpha games at once they are now using, (youtube), dont they know us whitehats (me) can track that stuff , geesh, its only a matter of timeā€¦

two things will happen within the next year, either ccp will have fixed it all up so tight you cant do that stupid crap ā€¦orā€¦ well, we can all count the numbersā€¦

huh, what do know, a sociopath and a realist with the ability to see the numbersā€¦ wow. you boys might want to start looking at the number of rats leaving the shipsā€¦ in case you dont what that means, the rats leave the ship because they know something bad is going to happenā€¦

dare you say good riddance to those rats leaving the ship? well, ccp wont think so, that pays the bills peopleā€¦ the more every ā€œscaresā€ away the smaller our community getsā€¦ the numbers are taking a bigger hit every dayā€¦

oh if you dont believe anything i say, just google search, wts eve online account or similar, the character bazaar and alikeā€¦ starting to become floodedā€¦ and guess what kick starter has more than 2 MILLION people? im not going to say it because im staying right here. we need to stay in our area and let the pve alone a while and let grow againā€¦

im an extremely loyal fan since beta, fought against horde in uppers of goonswarm, and im not giving my alt, simply because of the beggers, ā€¦( alms alms alms it never stops., and they dont need it they just another group of scammers tooā€¦) can you tell i adhd a little too {{}} if youre willing to steal from a noob, youre will to definitely stoop to begging from me {{}} so find a real ship, find the space i spoke of, my station is the one there that runs, message me, i can jump there in a minute and we can finish in the stars

• stop shooting noobs and take a shot at me - and if you want we can both take simple ibis ships with the same fits if you wish, make it fair, one and one, three paces and all that jazz / and honorable duel of course with respect given to the death and you can clone for free in my station if you wish beforehand. no tricks or funny stuff and should you fly in with an armada, wellā€¦

just my opinion, im done, stop shooting noobs in safe space, they wonder, they are space debris & they deserve it - they are warned before they enter

1 Like

Thereā€™s no such thing as safe space in Eve, nor are the attacks youā€™re blathering about against the rules.

now, if your fleet can actually take on CONCORD thats a different story, however, if you delve into the kill reports of these, you will see, that no mere frigates or corvettes will t1 drones or t2 drones can handle the concord.

Nobody can take on Concord, game mechanics are firmly weighted against it in terms of their dirty gurt HP/ resist profile, ridiculously overpowered instascram, jamming and cap sucking ECM and the absolutely hilarious amount of DPS they can push out.

These people are dragging the concord away with suicide frigates.

And? Itā€™s within the ruleset governing Concord responses.

My industry slave alts STILL havent been ganked or harassedā€¦ ever. And I add ā€œnewā€ ones regularly, and have never had them attacked or called out by ā€œsociopathsā€.

What am I doing that the upset people arent, hmm?

2 Likes

Pfft.

Iā€™m an out and out bear and have been for 7 years or so; not been ganked or harassed yet.

2 Likes

the governing response is the players are using the AI of the programmers to beat the other players, in others, thats cheating and if you dont think so, get in a ship and come play some real pvp in any game, any time, any where! when you use the AI of the program to beat the player, youre not beating the play, the AI is losing and youre a cheat thats taking advantage of the system, thats not winning, thats just you using trickery devices to take advantage of others

and dont tell me CONCORD cannot be beat, ive been around along time son, just because what you think the mechanics say cannot be done, doesnt mean it hasnt

dragging the concord away with a suicide frigate, to which the concord have a delay in their next engagement, mean time, the gankers have switch accounts, gotten away with the loot and the corpses are floating around near the gate, now funny in null sectors, not funny, its just bullish and mean to the others, and yes while no place is safe in EVE, better hope to the goddesses of amarr that i dont see you in my area, because i leave no pods and no mercy and yes, i do know how to slow down concord the right way and very few of vets do, so go back to your boyband jonah - yeah, i made it personal - come at me, cause im coming for you, i just dont like your toneā€¦ prepareā€¦

1 Like

CONCORD was changed a long time ago. They can not be tanked and they can not be killed anymore. You canā€™t even warp anymore the second you commit the criminal offence.

And by the way, that is all CONCORD does. The only reason for CONCORD to be in the game is because the suicide ganking mechanic. There is no other reason. So that alone should tell you that this is an intended game mechanic.

Itā€™s really hard to take that seriously from a guy who is too afraid to post with his main

2 Likes