Shooting new players is a good thing! YES or NO?

Idiot is just another word for saying they don’t.

No it really isn’t

2 Likes

You don’t know the meaning of the word idiot then.

But I do. Someone can be an idiot and in fact know that EVE is a game.

1 Like

It isn’t about knowing that EVE is a game. It’s about how one behaves in reality.

Take Dom here. He makes a good example. He knows EVE is a game, he knows how to behave on the forum, and still he calls me an idiot.

2 Likes

We are talking about how someone behaves in this game not how he behaves in RL. If someone goes after new players he may be a bad sport, but that does not make him a sociopath.

2 Likes

Because you are with your flawed logic lol

Also lol @all the butthurt report bots

1 Like

No, we’re not. Go back to my original comment and read again what I wrote.

Lets say if I knew you in RL and then decided to shoot you, because I know you, then my action isn’t based on in-game events, but on RL. This would make me an idiot, wouldn’t you say?

1 Like

No, the age of the character is an aspect in the game and not a RL aspect of a person. It is all an intreraction in EVE and has nothing to do with anything outside the game.

1 Like

No. It’s reported in the game and the date you see on a player’s history is the RL date and not some sci-fi date.

If your RL name and e-mail address were shown in the game and you then get spam e-mail, then you sure aren’t going to believe it’s all just in-game actions.

1 Like

Then the idiot posting it would get banned

And my spam folder would have more senders lul

1 Like

It just tells you when that character started existing in the game. It is all game related.

Do you actually have a real argument to backup your “sociopath” claim or is that timestamp thing it?

Those are information related to my RL identity. The timestamp of when my EVE character was created is NOT related to my RL identity. It is only related to my EVE character

As I said, read my original comment. It explains my point of view.

When one bases a decision on an RL aspect then one doesn’t make a distinction between game and reality. One has in fact crossed the line.

1 Like

Is this another one of those threads like the ganking discussion where people make up their own definitions of words and then argue about that definition matches some ingame behavior?

3 Likes

So none then. OK, looks like the case is closes then

1 Like

Please elaborate what the timestamp of my characters birthdate tells you about my RL.

4 Likes

Nobody is talking about you. Or have you forgotten the topic?

What a weak excuse to dodge the question. Your whole argument for justifying to call players who hunt new characters sociopaths is based on the time of birth being somehow connected to RL and yet when asked you fail to provide even an example of what you mean.

Not at all. I’m not calling anyone a sociopath. Read again. The topic is then also still the same, “shooting new players”. That I’m using a character’s creation date as a means to determine a new player’s age has nothing to do with old players or them creating new characters. If anyone is dodging something then it would be you.

I’m still saying that shooting a player, because they are new or old to the game or because they are black or white, male or female, are all RL aspects of a person. And when someone uses these as their sole reason then they no longer distinguish between game and reality.

1 Like