Sick of the PvP fantasy

Then don’t make threads complaining about getting ganked, and just accept the punishment, ore thief!

Calm down miner!

Undocking is accepting anyone elses challenge to real PvP, there is no loss in the games you consider “real” PvP, there is here :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh…I’m totally calm. I’ve never been ganked in a mining ship. You guys are a paper tiger as far as I’m concerned. Heck…I’ve even gone mining in Uedama just to make that point. I have a Venture there…just to annoy Safety.

You’re only hurting yourself.
Seriously, mining sucks and doing it in a venture is the absolute epitome of boring busywork. Literally doing anything else is better.

Yes, because I ordered you to calm down

On this forum alt, sure

Nah…mining right under the nose of Safety, without a permit, is just about the most enjoyable thing you can do in Eve :slight_smile:

Calm down gankers !

1 Like

See, even miners agree that the Code is the most interesting thing to ever happen to this game.

2 Likes

PvP is the act of engaging with other players with guns and weapons? Ganking for me falls onto PVP. EVE has alot of one-sided pvp/kills. (Sticking to combat pvp) there can be market pvp and even forum pvp XD

How is ganking different from let’s say a gate camp? Or a bomber squad dropping on a rorq? Your going to die fast when its 1v40 XD

if pvp is 1 sided OP says its not pvp? So what is and is not pvp according to OP?

1 Like

Sure…highsec would be utterly boring without you guys. Keep up the good work. But I’m still not buying a permit :slight_smile:

1 Like

We get this opinion a lot around here. It’s usually from people who simply don’t understand the concept of EVE PvP. OPs comparison to arena PvP shows how locked in place his thinking is on the matter.

Every good gamer would immediately recognize that it’s not about the 1v40 situation, it’s pretty obvious how that will resolve. It’s all about how you got there. The essence of EVE PvP happens before the shooting starts.

3 Likes

there is a lot of types of PVP in eve
i like to post this video to show how there is fun . exciting and skillful PVP in eve

I think what the OP doesn’t take into account is the sheer fun of avoiding being ganked. The cat and mouse is literally half the fun of highsec. A trip from Lonetrek down to Jita or Dodixie is made exciting by the prospect of there being gankers…sometimes I make that trip just to get that rush. It would be nauseatingly boring to be able to travel all the way from Lonetrek to Amarr in total safety and no prospect of being ganked.

Gankers play an essential part in Eve. I don’t agree with all the mechanics of it ( such as tethering )…but being ‘anti ganker’ is a role only made possible by the fact that gankers exist in the first place.

3 Likes

EVE is a PvP game.

War Thunder is a PvP game.

They’re both PvP games and neither form of PvP is more ‘real’ than the other. It’s just a different form of PvP.

What I like about the PvP aspect of EVE is that the PvP content:

• has bigger stakes (if you lose, you actually lose something)
  • is much more of a free format, rather than being forced to join up one team to fight another team

I’ve played many PvP games (and many non-PvP games) and I must say: the PvP in EVE is one of the best forms of PvP out there. The freedom, problem solving, real enemies and allies, you don’t have all that in scripted PvP formats where you’re forced to defend your base with four random players against five enemy random players like in League of Legends.

That’s not to say League of Legends is bad or not a PvP game - it’s a really good PvP game, but it’s different from the PvP experience that EVE offers.

EVE is a PvP game. But unlike some other PvP games like War Thunder or League of Legends, PvP isn’t everything the game has to offer - the gameplay is much more free and less structured than those arena PvP fighting pits. In EVE you can choose to avoid PvP, but in order to do so you must actively avoid PvP which is a form of PvP itself.

So yes, you can go mine in EVE in peace. But that peace and not getting killed is your responsibility, so keep an eye on the other names in local, watch your d-scan and be off before any trouble arrives.

Have fun!

5 Likes

This.

I love the cat and mouse game from both sides. I cannot be a smart mouse in games when it isn’t allowed for other players to be a cat. And to become a smart mouse it’s really useful to have experienced how to play the game as a cat.

2 Likes

I mean that’s just a convenience that unintentionally got added one day. But this isn’t enabling anything that would be possible without it.

Absolutely true. A lot of things only exist because there is even just the possibility of a threat like ganking.

If there where no gankers there would be no reason to not AFK haul stuff no matter how expensive in max cargo fitted ships. There would be no opportunities for freighting services and far less profitable arbitrage trading in highsec.

For miners there would be no reason to not use a max yield bling Hulk. If there is no threat why would you even need to think about tank or appropriate ship fitting?

3 Likes

90% of my ISK is from PLEX…I mine just for topping it up a bit. Also, as I know that gankers wait for people who’ve arrived to leave Jita, Dodixie, etc, often I just log off at those stations, log in a mining account for an hour or so, and then log back in and quickly leave Jita. There’s no way I’d ever pay for all my stuff by mining in a Venture.

Maybe you can answer a question that puzzles me. Why, at Uedama, do two of the gankers alternate every 10-15 minutes or so between being flashy and not being flashy…like taking it in turns.

1 Like

If EVE is not a PvP game how come your space pixels have exploded? :smiling_imp:

:smirk: :popcorn: :dealwithitparrot:

4 Likes

I’m no ganker, but I think you have to wait out your 15 minute criminal timer before you can do another gank, otherwise CONCORD will be on top of you immediately when you leave tether, unlike the delay you get when you gank someone.

So ganking consists of waiting out the criminal timer, then waiting for a target to appear, attacking it (which gives a timer) and repeat the process.

1 Like

Complaining that EVE PVP is inherently unfair is like complaining that a steakhouse does a poor range of sushi. Yes, the range of sushi is poor, but that’s not the point.

I’d put forth a counter-challenge - fly a 1b+ ship in PVP every week and don’t lose it for 6 months. Bet you can’t handle the consequences.

3 Likes