Singularity: New mirror and rule changes - June 2018

run lower tier filaments to get high tier?

Iā€™d really appreciate seeing deadspace on there too. Thereā€™s a ton of low-tier cheap and extremely potent high-tier blue mods that itā€™s great to be able to test. Itā€™s not always a simple case of T2 < faction < deadspace. Some examples that come to mind:

• c-type invulns and x-type hardeners are far more cost effective and much less of a luxury than faction damage controls
  • deadspace local reps are enormously more powerful than T2 or faction and are widely used. Gist X-type shield boosters in particularly are virtually mandatory on a lot of PVE fits
  • Deadspace MWDs are qualitatively better than faction. The capacitor penalty reduction allows you to do things that otherwise arenā€™t possible.
1 Like

If any seeded items run out, you can send me an EVE Mail on Singularity and Iā€™ll restock them ASAP. Iā€™m afraid I cannot seed items or locations that werenā€™t originally seeded however.

1 Like

why are abyssal fillament are not seeded?

Because they donā€™t want us to be able to easily test and theory craft in safety now that itā€™s on the live server.

1 Like

ok a couple thingsā€¦ @CCP_Habakuk

People were not ā€œabusingā€ the copy ships command, they were using the tools you gave them to accomplish the goals they had on sisi. for me, this meant being able to buy mods on traq, fit them on a ship and use them on sisi the next day. pretty standard stuff. but not only could u import mods from traq, you could copy them and use them if you somehow lost them. again, pretty standard stuff. kinda goofy, but hey it works. on a test server. where you test things.

But now we dont have those options, the tools have been taken away. so the test server is less of a test server because of this. not only that you took away the filaments to test the only thing in this game worth testing at the moment. why would you do this? do you hate your customers?

The removal of copyships without the introduction of seeded deadspace mods has basically made your test server obsolete for anyone looking to test competitive pvp fits. For many there is absolutely no reason to even use sisi now. After all what even is its point, if not to run risk free simulations?
Maybe iā€™ve been reading too much r/eve but I have been hearing this from many people, in many areas of the game/ play styles. People are getting really bored of seeing endless bad ideas (sisi changes, chat bubbles & window blur to name a few) being implemented without any real consideration for the player base or any prior communication and feedback.

Reflecting on decisions taken over the recent past, it would seem CCP has been incredibly fortunate that no other company has built a game in the last 15 years; that directly competes with eve, in scope and scale. Although Iā€™m starting to wonder if that lack of competition might actually be a part of the problem.

CCPlz start listening, before its too late. <3

holy crap, seed deadspace mods, let us copy ships, or give us injectors on market, i spent 10 bil on injectors to help out and train a bunch of newbro players on sisi so they could see what they wanted to train for on tranq and nowā€¦

• cant even test ded or officer fit ships

• cant even get the ships i have on tranq

• cant help out my newbros

You realize you probably just described perfectly exact reason this change was made? The point of the test server is in fact not to ā€œrun risk free simulationsā€. The point is to find bugs and leave feedback on whatever CCP wants at the time.

1 Like

do you realize the statement you just made is the exact reason people hate the devs of this game so much? there are so many examples of this. the arbitrary vision of the dev team vs the practical reality of what people actually want to do with these tools. itā€™s like youā€™re saying ā€œhey customer stop doing that thing you like doing with my product, and do the thing I intended for itā€ . Why? if your customers want to us it that way, facilitate their needs instead of making us bend over backwards for no other reason than satisfying someoneā€™s arbitrary vision for things.

1 Like

Is it intentional for Filaments to be removed from being seeded?

Yes, CCP has indicated that the Abyssal development team requested their removal (they posted this in another thread).

1 Like

Nothing stops people from running data sites and just getting them.

Hey,

Thanks to your (mostly) constructive feedback we have decided after some internal discussion to expand the 100 isk market seeding also to deadspace items. This is already available in the Tribute region and will be available in other regions after the next reboot.
I hope that this alleviates further the concerns of disabling /copyships.

Note: We are still very strong of the opinion that the test server would be not obsolete just because it is difficult to source deadspace items. The use of Singularity as ship fitting simulation is for us in EVE QA not one of the intended uses of Singularity - but it is a tolerated use case, which has the benefit that it increases the server population.

11 Likes

will officer modules also be added?

No. They are much less common on TQ and there is no need to have them common on Singularity.

4 Likes

Whats the current reboot about?

I apologize if this should be in a separate thread. I didnā€™t want to clutter the forum.

I am experiencing issues with 2FA across my accounts. My supplied token is seen as invalid and I am unable to log into Singularity (and reading these threads, I see there are a few others as well)

I last changed my 2FA settings in April (possibly May) 2018 and I have waited until this new mirror to post because I figured the new mirror would be the solution. Now with the latest mirror my token still is treated as invalid.

I would greatly appreciate it if we could spend some developer time resolving these 2FA issues for Singularity for future mirrors. Iā€™d love to test now but if that is not in the cards - lets fix it for next time!

I have seen fellow users recommend disabling 2FA (and then waiting for a mirror) and that is not a path I am prepared to take.

I look forward to testing on the next mirror perhaps!
Thanks!
Grux

that is super appreciated by the by the way, and will also let us fit ships the way we would on tranquility in order to test anything new, such as the top tiers of abyssal sites. no way am I going to try and run one of those sites with just your plain olā€™ T2 fit HAC. I imagine people testing against tougher AI fleets and stuff will also want to use deadspace mods.

Good decision, well thought out, thank you.