Sisters Are Pirating It for Themselves

On the warpath…

… now for the Eurythmics.

7 Likes

Good article, its good people feel comfortable with their own niche group in Eve. Without calling reverse sexism.

I too one day want to set a corp based on same sexuality (heterosexual) and values ( conservative), without being called a misogynist or sexist.

What’s gud for the goose is gud for the gander.

(luv the Eurythmics)

8 Likes

There was a retired service men only group a while back. Name escapes me but the beauty of games is you don’t have to follow societies norms. For instance if I started The Pure Galente Society and began purging groups that were mixing race would I be a biggot or a role player

2 Likes

A role playing bigot?

The country to the south of me seems to be doing a lot of that the last year or so.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes roleplaying as a biggot. But does what I do in a game reflect who I am outside of it?

No. A video game is just a framework for playing-out your fantasies, and trying out new things that you can’t/shouldn’t in real life. As long as you are able to make the distinction between reality and fantasy, you’re good.

5 Likes

I`M GONNA KILL EACH AND EVERY ONE SINGLE ONE OF YOU, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL YOU REGRET YOU’RE LIVING FOREVER! YOU GONNA WISH YOU WEREN’T!

■■■■ YEAH!

…ahem. :blush:

2 Likes

How can we have a thread that involves the Eurythmics without this song?

Here Comes the Rain Again

1 Like

Feminism in EVE. It’s good. EVE needs more brutality.

4 Likes

“those space nuns are at it again…” (me after reading the title)

no but seriously, that was a nice read, a shame that project didnt live up to the vision or at least didnt fly too much. its an impressive result still, i can barely get my friends to notice about the game and the first time i tried to make a player corp no one showed up.

More women needed in Eve, for more dimensions of intrigue and more kick-arsedness. And you boys, when there happens to be a female on comms, could you try not to either:
Stalk/pant/drool; or
Challenge and test her expertise of every aspect of the game and fitness to even be in fleet; or
Subtly give the one dweeb who’s doing that a hint that he’s being a pathetic loser arse; or
(Best yet) Just treat any fleet mate like any other fleet mate flying a ship, whatever their sex, language level, or whatever might be?

(Negativity aside-- I’ve been in many excellent comms/fleets with excellent, very tolerant, mature and all-around cool Eve players through the years BTW. Just a few jackass outliers, though).

5 Likes

I once did naughty things to a guy who reappropriated ships in a shared pos. I used his super sleazy overbearing attitude towards females by putting my wife on com’s. As she didn’t know much about the game acting clueless came naturally. Any who in his own unique way (the missus described it as ‘gross’ and ‘you have to wash wipe and put away the dishes tonight’), he invited her to live with him in his own personal POS. She could use some of his ships and tomorrow he would take her to a private channel and explain more wh mechanics.

He ranted for about 30 minutes how all Australians are thieves and never trust them with your assets etc. I should probably point out too this would be the 5th time I deprived him of his wormhole things. Anyways he woke up the next morning to an empty SMA and for the 5th time a lovely container called ‘Unus Inctus says hi’ anchored on grid. And for the first of 5 times when I told the wife of how we reacquired our assets from him she didn’t even feel bad.

PS on 2 of the occasions this was done the naughty character involved was sent mail asking for the back story as access to other peoples assets was there but only one persons things were targeted. As a result he was kicked from 2 corps :slight_smile:

This wound up being a much bigger post than I intended… Moral of the story act like a douche and normally nice people will condone bad things happening to you lol

3 Likes

Seems to me the project failed.

2 Likes

LOL, that is mighty! Done in true Eve style. Seems he never even knew when or how he screwed up. Just had a casual bomb planted on him, everybody forgot about it, and he reached the end of his leash and asploded it. Ver cool. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Be careful about that.
Account sharing and impersonating another player are not allowed.
Not saying you or your wife did that, but something to bear in mind.

2 Likes

Nothing against teamspeaks EULA to hop on and lead people on. I was at the controlls that mattered lol

3 Likes

The point is moot. Basically, research to date has found we just don’t know the answer to that question.

As to sisters doing it for themselves? Ironically, research does propose that not only do most (?) women gamers have male avatars, they then display opposite-gender attributes in-game. Same is true for the (many) males with female avatars.

This is actually regarded as one of the potential benefits that can come from game playing … acting out what it might feel like to be “the other”.

1 Like

That’s a very thin line you walked.
Its not TS EULA that is at issue, its EVE EULA.

As I said, account sharing and impersonating another player are not allowed.
If your TS prank extended into EVE and other clients, thats a CCP issue.

1 Like

But it didn’t. I simply had somebody else speak on my behalf in TS coms. Find me in the Eve EULA having another person speak for me in a third party program not affiliated with CCP is against the EULA and I’ll report myself lol