Skill Queue Issue - Reimbursement Complete!

Didn’t get a thing, dont even care about the SP at this point, its just the point of how its being handled that needs to be addressed.

Been here since 2005 and never have I been so disgusted at how things are being ran. Its started to feel like you dont even want us here anymore.

Thats the real sad part of it all, that you are managing consistently week after week to upset people that have stood by you, loved you, and paid you in support, many for over a decade.

Getting really tired of being treated like dirt CCP, get your ■■■■ together.

4 Likes

So you’re fine with leaving customers in the negative for a bungle by CCP? Wow.

When a company makes a mistake at a minimum you make the customer whole.

Look for unused SP noted at the bottom of your skill queue. The UI team managed to put the notice in a place where it is easily missed instead of in the summary area at the top.

Updated the original post.

Sincerest apologies guys, we’re aware that this hasn’t gone out as planned, and are working to take care of correcting things as soon as we can:

UPDATE:

We’re aware that a large proportion of the reimbursements didn’t take place today as planned, and are looking to complete these over the course of the next 48 hours or so.

Apologies for the delay in getting the skillpoints back to you guys, we hope to have this resolved very soon.

2 Likes

Sincerest

I really hope that you use this word not just out of habit…

Not at all, I’m working with people internally to address this as fast as we can.

1 Like

Thanks for posting confirmation that it had not worked as intended, looking forward to putting this behind all of us

1 Like

An acknowledgement of a CCP error, an apology, and a report on when the problem should be resolved done shortly after player reports start flooding onto the Forums? What have you done with the new CCP attitude and can I add a shovel of dirt on top of it? Hope this signals a return to the days of yore when CCP and players worked together to make a better game. Time (or tidi) will teĺll.

1 Like

How about just giving everyone 8 hours worth of SP and call it a day? Those few that weren’t hit by paused queues probably did worry about it and deserve a small present too.

The way you are dealing with this looks very much like penny pinching to give out as little SP as you can get away with in order to sell more injectors. No amount of injectors or VR games will save your jobs if you break our tolerance levels. Treating your customers decently should be priority after the latest boneheaded moves.

1 Like

Hey Falcon

You should check this site out: http://www.integralist.co.uk/posts/guide-to-js-testing.html

Its a beginners guide on how to test your code.

2 Likes

this is completely stupid. Eve is not coded in js and doing a real GUI unit testing is way harder than doing a site testing.

please learn your subject before doing any further sentence. Your ■■■■■■■■ level is too high.

I have no idea of how eve is coded, but the first hit i got when googling how to test your code was the site above. It was not meant to be taken as a serious reference as to how they should test their code. It was more a joke as to how they obviously did’t test out the “script” they used to reimburse SP.

In this case unit testing is not needed as this is should not be a common recurring issue.

Basic testing, 1: Does it work on 1 user, 2: Does it work on several users, 3: How long does it take to run the “script” on x amount of users, 4: Does it work on multi char training accounts.

And yes this was a shitpost and they point was that if you have been ■■■■■■■ up a lot lately you should try to be more careful.

1 Like

Imagine how often it happens with ten accounts. Worse recurring billing behavior than a late nineties paysite.

It got better after I started using Paypal instead of providing my card number directly. But 1 or 2 accounts out of ten resub when I don’t want them to. And I cancel recurring billing after re-upping EVERY time.

Paypal doesn’t offer normal seller protections for digital goods and if those charges are disputed it costs the vendor extra money.

I feel stupid for saying this but half the time I let the subs renew because I was probably going to do that myself. But sometimes that’s not the case, and depending on whether the sub is 3 month or a year I can have $75, $150, $300 tied up in limbo while I’m asking for the charge to be reversed.

Just going to start disputing from now on. This is crap.

Please note that everything on the new EVE Online forums is taken very seriously! No jokes no irony no nothing! Only serious FACTS. Imagine CCP treating your subscriptions as a joke, how would you like that huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t get anything.

3 of my accounts have not been credited their SP… so your fix did not work as many are reporting not receiving any reimbursement.

Ditto.

I have 2 accounts that were both paused overnight and haven’t seen a reimbursement yet.

I don’t have an issue with the original problem per se, but CCP need to communicate better on how they are going to rectify this.

Regards,

JC

I submitted a ticket on the day it occurred and my account wasn’t even given the sp… great work at failing to work open support tickets!

hire someone with actual help desk experience thank you.

Have you logged in and noticed that your skillqueues have been stopped? It did not affected everybody. My skillqueues were ok. I logged in before they run the script to repair skill queues and they were ok. So I did not get any reimbursement.

guess i have to go to support again, havent checked my old ticket and i havent recieved any unallocated sp as far as i can tell.