Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

Lucky you, you won the support lottery. I’ve had a ticket in for 5 days now with no updates. It has “Last Activity: 5 hours ago” so it sounds like someone’s looking at it, just not doing anything. Great “event”, lul.

Thanks for a bit of something to skill points earning potential. I look forward to more of these. :smiley:

12 toons and i got 2x25k since it started all the rest 1 kill… i must not be lucky

Update on my stuck character/support ticket:

Support responded after 2.5 days, which IMO is reasonable given the ticket was filed on a Friday and responded to on a Monday. (My alt got stuck on the first day but I didn’t file a support ticket right away, assuming a fix would occur and they would be swamped anyway.)

Response was: You’ll be pleased to know we have granted you 10,000 SP for the Stuck day, and set your daily challenge to the 50,000 SP one.

Which would be nice, effectively allowing me to catch up for the missed days (the 10 + 50 would have worked out to 10,000 each day of the event).

The catch? Support ‘granted’ me the ‘daily’ challenge at 3:12 AM my time, in the darkest hours before dawn, roughly three and a half hours before DT reset it back to the usual 10k award anyway.

When I pointed out the laughable uselessness of this ‘fix’, the new response? “We’re sorry you missed it, too bad.” Except politely worded, of course.

After 6 days of only 10k awards, I have resigned myself to accepting a less than hoped for reward and moved on…at least I didn’t have to obtain a ticket to get a reward this event.

How do you even start this event, there are no pointers or indicators of what you have to do for this event.

Yes you get the popup the first time you log in but that tells you nothing…

I had a look through the Agency but couldn’t spot anything in there… 6 days into an event and I’m still no closer to figuring out how to even start it!

Well, after 5 missed days, it looks like I can finally participate again. CCP even saw fit to give me 50k SP for the 5 missions I missed out on. The bare minimum. Yes, yes, it is free SP and yes, the missions are dead simple, still, I feel just a bit insulted. But it’s on me to have expected much from CCP when it comes to events nowadays. This, along with the inexplicable tax increases they just announced is making my impending Omega renewal decision tougher. Or maybe much easier.

Click on the Flag icon in the upper left-hand corner.

Look for a little flag icon at the top-left of the screen, right of the Search, System Info and Route icons. Click the flag and an entry ‘Skilling Spree’ should appear just below the Route info.

as it has been pointed out 10k free sp is more than fine but I never get anything else. For 1 week just once the 25k one and nothing besides that.

I also quit from being a part into this farce.

Did you get a compensation for the lost days? My event got stuck on day 1, but I only got 10k SP for 6 lost days … it should be at least 60k.

1 Like

It can be hard to notice that something is missing. I would be remiss in not thanking the “skilling spree” developer for not requiring a separate click to claim reward points!

The system seems to be using portions of the limited-time Agency Event rewards code, which earned several - complaints for requiring a separate click to claim the reward, when it could easily be awarded automatically; and, in fact, the first limited-time Agency Events were fully automatic.

Thanks @CCP for restoring / keeping the player’s reward-association on gameplay actions! Please carry this philosophy into the next limited-time Agency event. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only got 10k.

i only got 10k and that character has been screwed since day 1

1 of my accounts got the 25k mission, rest got the 10k.

What genius thought this was ok?

2 Likes

The same genius who thought grinding for SP was a good idea.

1 Like

Yup, two days into this and it is already getting old.

2 Likes

Hey, at least you are getting the “event”. Mine stays at “unallocated skill points added” after the first time and doesn’t refresh the next day. Great content!

5 Likes

Definitely make sure to clear all cache files, also verify integrity of downloaded files and purge extra files in the Launcher.

1 Like