Skilling Spree Speed Run Contest - Feedback

If you need RoF - you are doing it wrong and blasters might not be the best choice for that competition. The fastest time will probably involve 1 volley of high alpha from pre-activated weapon group, so probably some form of arty rifter, or mutlifrequency-beam/pulse-scorch punisher. Or even Lml kestrel.

I have a question about the rules.

The post says:

Timing ends when the locked NPC is destroyed

Does this mean killing something with smartbombs without even locking the target would not be OK for this contest?

1 Like

thats an interesting question. I guess you can have combat log open to see exact timestamp of destruction in that case.

1 Like

It’s starting to look pityful, desperate and pathetic…

2 Likes

The on screen log show damage dealt and bounty. Also the overview shows when the rat dies. These would probably be the most accurate kill indicators anyways.

1 Like

Tracking, Tracking, Explosion speed… gosh, lookit that, there’s those skills kicking in again…

1 Like

when you have just warped in and locked them - rats wont get much speed or will move directly to you (on MWD). And explosion radius doesnt really matter in frigate PvE (and lmls have very high alpha). What i’m trying to say is that blapping rat frigates is possible, even on alpha.

1 Like

What happened to landing on top of them?

And again: specialization, surgical strike, etc etc. All direct damage.

Yes, volleying off a rat is possible as an alpha. It’s a lot more possible as an omega.

By “on top” i meant in targeting/optimal range. MIght require some bookmarking the different parts of the belt or anomaly beforehand.

So the challenge is in doing: “Undock > warp in > lock and blap the target” as fast as possible. Thus increasing warp speed or decreasing warp range is crucial.

at which point, they’re moving.

not really, as soon as you warp out they usually return to their initial position. They dont even aggro you sometimes in low level HS anoms. And your next warp-in will be “on top” of them.

1 Like

I can see someone staging a Upwell structure to min/max the hell out of it on a 0.9 region. Park the station with the undocking port facing a belt. Have someone kite the belt rats to the belt’s beacon point and tank damage. You launch from the upwell, short warp to the belt beacon right on top of the belt rat, target, and pop. Heck the decoy could possible web the rats since it doesn’t actually do any damage.
This contest doesn’t seem well thought out.

1 Like

“Videos can be sent as a download link, a link to a twitch clip that shows the whole process, or as an attachment.”

what about youtube?

1 Like

I used to login and play the game, do “EVE Things”.

Now I login each of my toons and kill X NPCs.

They have turned EVE into a sad grind.

3 Likes

So many nah sayers.

What is wrong with a bit of fun. This is a game after all.

This place really has turned into a bunch of old grumpy people who will whine about anything.

2 Likes

Kill 1 NPC???

EVE has a lot more to offer.

1 Like

You should have started that sentence with “Back in my day”

Why, EVE is just as fun now, the players have changed, they expect hand holding and “Everyone is a Winner”.

1 Like

Yeah, but that was 16 years ago.

what CCP has taught them to expect, over a decade and a half.

1 Like

Zhalyd_Lyehin > Testbong - undelivered

This new chat error is so much fun. Now the chat not only keeps disconnecting, it also stops delivering messages altogether.

And fleet chats do not show up at all. Great. How am I supposed to do this event now if I want to do it with a fleet?

2 Likes