Skilling Spree Speed Run Contest - Feedback

No it’s not…it simply is the truth…you may not like it but don’t call it a lie…

You forget the fact that some people here see this as a second job…they feel kinda betrayed(which is BS but that don’t alter their feelings) and have to close up to normal people into the year 2019…

Must be hard if you lived 2003 until now and then wake up in 2019…

I didn’t call it a lie. I called it ■■■■■■■■. As in: this is the sort of self-indulgent internet-badass nonsense that normal people are supposed to outgrow. Hell, we outgrew it, and we’re some of the most emotionally-stunted morons on the internet. Stop being such a child.

2 Likes

how do I record the gameplay

Dream on care bear.

1 Like

I just got a 31 second time

I’m not doing this one. The likelyhood of winning anything is so terribly low. That said, I say kudos to CCP for trying to deal with a major problem with the game. Skillpoints are just too time consuming. The huge number of skills along with the time needed to earn them is a major barrier to entry into the game as well as to maintaining a subscription. Anything that can be done to lower this burden is good for the game. So why not just increase the overall rate at which skills are earned by doubling (or more) the Omega rate for all skills? That would get my 550+ day skill queue down to 275. Still a long time but at least I would be able to participate in more activities more quickly.

2 Likes

There’s a few options for this sort of thing. If you have an Nvidia card, I would recommend using Shadowplay.

It’s part of your Nvidia package, and allows for both recording as you go and more DVR style “save the last five minutes or so” recording whenever you’ve done something fun or impressive, or whatever. Easy to use, pretty good quality, plenty of utility for basic recording. If you use multiple clients or tab around a lot etc, it can get a bit wonky though.

Open Broadcasting Software (or OBS) is a lot more complicated, but at the same time a lot more powerful. A favorite of Streamers and allowing for pretty granular control over what to record on which clients, audio recordings and so on, I would highly recommend it if you are going to be recording on the regular. Takes more time to get comfortable with than most other options, but worth it in the end if you’re going to do it a lot.

I’d mention a few alternatives like Fraps and so on, but at this point they’ve sadly kind of fallen behind the competition in terms of performance and features, and both Shadowplay and OBS are free and you won’t lose anything by giving them a shot.

For the actual editing… well, that’s another kettle of fish entirely. There’s your free alternatives like Blender (actually a 3D animation thing, but has a surprisingly decent video editor as well, free), Lightworks and DaVinci but I can’t really say much about any of those. I tend to go for the paid programs, like Vegas PRO, Adobe Premiere etc. Those are heavy investments though, so not worth it for something like this competition.

Youtube itself has a basic video editor thing letting you crop out just the important bits, if memory serves, so all you really need for this is a way to record, and Shadowplay or OBS will serve you well for that.

… all that said, do you really want to put in this kind of effort for something this wank?

2 Likes

uh yea,… there is! its calld private server :wink:

edit:
and btw i already did leave! i did quit my sub and gonna play some ED for the next months now and if ccp doesnt stop with this carebear madness, then u can be happy because i gonna delete my account and u will be the winner and can support plex, injectors and the whole online shop with ur money but not with mine :wink:

1 Like

You know there’s a pill for that…

2 Likes

With so many people playing, you are doing a competition for 3 places, when will you already learn how to do competitions?

2 Likes

Then all of you are complaining about something that’s off topic to this thread. :slight_smile:

This is the thread about the speed run contest.

Welcome to 2019…

All this salt about a total non-issue…

but I wasnt doing that! lol. I was just saying what all those people were going on about, it is indeed entirely off topic, the kill 1 for 10k SP thing is entirely irrelevant to this speed kill thing!

just pls stop all this free sp ■■■■■■■■ and just give us some omega status for like 1-2 weeks as a reward! this would be much better in my eyes!

1 Like

Competition should be interesting for majority of players, not for youtube professionals, who are hardcore game funs same time.
Average completion time for causal player - a little over 30 sec. While pro players says it should be done in about 10-12 sec.
Video record is a proof? WTF? I dunno how to do it.
Just 3-4 prizes? Why should I try? There are no chances.

Right way to do such event should be like: give us an item (lets say mid or better any slot module that start time count, after activation. And a screenshot as a proof. There should be some little reward for reasonable speed, for eveyone. Faster - more.

1 Like

This form of competition is very limiting. I have no idea how to take a video of my own gameplay let alone upload it, and even if I did, given this is a speed based contest, what hope has anyone got if living in Australia where we have that much server lag it’s not funny at times.
And just like the last round of Tournaments, who has the time and money to just drop everything in their real lives to jet off to Iceland for a few weeks if they win?
This “Skilling Spree” could have been a bit better thought out, CCP.

2 Likes

thats a dumb contest for many reasons. main reason - no equal conditions for the participants.
im not going to participate.

1 Like

I can’t tell whether you guys are being serious or not. It’s not April, so maybe you could explain this steaming pile of grox ■■■■?

1 Like