Slave 1, or Spit in the face of nanny corporations to support Boba Fett!

You haven’t given me a reason to name my ship after something from a movie. I don’t know anything about, or any of the people in the cultures you object to and I still don’t know who the corporation is.
Also I don’t follow anyone, let alone people whos causes don’t make any sense.
It’s that simple really.

Why in the world would you support someone you think is wrong? This is exactly what I’m talking about, you aren’t making a good argument for whatever your cause is, and statements like that just undermine your already vague issues with whoever it is you object to.

What I would suggest, since you seem to approve of “testicular fortitude”, is that you strap on a pair and actually state who it is specifically that you object to and what exactly they did to get you in such a snit.

Anyhow, just out of curiosity, how did you get banned?

1 Like

I always thought it looked like an iron with all sorts of fittings and stuff for flattening cloth in fancy ways.

I am not supporting a person.

I am supporting a right.

The point is not the corporation.

The point is the mass stupidity upon which the decision was made.

Maybe it should be called Iron 1 :joy:

1 Like

Thank you RogueCorp and Winston Enderas for this:

Imgur

People would try to play golf with it if we do that.
the law of unintended consequences!
YAY!

Sounds like good material for some Darwin Awards videos so I say it’s a win-win. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Staring Joe Pesci , the man who proved baseball bats are more fun when used wrong.

Has anyone ever wondered when PC will come for EVE? If it ever does, I assure you, by that time it will be too late to fight.

Nope.

What’s politically incorrect in Eve?
Perhaps the “Meat popsicle”?

The Amarr practice slavery.

Slaves and exotic dancers are items you can put in your cargo, as well as narcotics, spirits and tobacco.

And you must be asleep if you think things far more benign could not be called out by some UNwoke ijit and cause damaging controversy.

This crap needs to stop. Slave 1 is a potential answer.

Has it occurred to you that you might be doing exactly the same things to the people you object to that you claim they are doing to someone else?
Its just a thought, but maybe you are just like them whoever they are.
Wouldn’t that be fun? You might have managed to become your own enemy.

1 Like

Preposterous. Leaving things and people alone to think and express cannot be equated with forcing history to change and making people lose their jobs for expressing opinions.

I don’t even want people to get fired for thinking Slave 1 needed a name change. Or thinking any of those two actresses needed fired. Heads need roll for acting on the stupidity before it was realized how stupid and damaging all this UNwoke crap has been.

I like “Boba Fett’s starship”, it induces a sense of mystery and makes one wonder what it’s real name is.

Yeah. You like it because you never stopped to considere there might be a very good and deep reason why Boba Fett name his ship Slave 1…something that could have a whole movie’s worth of awesome story to it. You would trade that for the gimmick of a bit of mystery. This is part of the problem with the world today…people think they know better than the story telling masters that created these pop culture icons. Derp. No.

As already established, there isn’t currently a reason for the name of the ship.

And you would trade giving those story-telling masters more options to name the ship to create a story because… you want to complain about “cancel culture” and “woke culture”.

No, the person who is completely lost is the one who is talking about a subject he actually doesn’t know much of anything about. I’m the one speaking from a position of knowledge on the subject, you’re the one who is lost as you don’t know any of the history behind that name other than that’s what the name of the ship supposedly is. You can’t tell me when it was started; and I’m 90% sure it was just the name Kenner put on the toy.

Oh, I think you do. This is the battle you have decided to take up.

I’d ask for a citation, but I know you don’t have one. And as a huge fan of Star Wars and as someone who owned “Slave-1” as a kid, I can tell you this Boba Fett fan doesn’t care. I didn’t like Boba Fett because of the name of his ship; frankly, his ship was almost a non-factor. I liked Boba Fett because he had badass looking armor and the way he carried himself: the dude wasn’t afraid of Darth Vader. His ship doesn’t enter into his character at all.

First of all, Star Wars nor Boba Fett are “ruined” by this change. Hell, Star Wars wasn’t even ruined by the awful writing of the prequels or the sequels. Star Wars is still doing fine. Just like Star Trek wasn’t ruined by SJWs; hell, Star Trek was created by an SJW. And Marvel wasn’t ruined by SJWs either. The fact Captain Marvel was extremely powerful didn’t ruin Endgame; the less than 30 second scene of “girl power” in Endgame didn’t ruin the movie.

Just because people don’t agree with you and/or won’t do what you want them to do doesn’t mean they don’t have courage. This is yet another appeal to emotion combined with an ad homenin attack; that’s two argument fallacies in one statement. Do you know why someone uses argument fallacies? Because their argument is too weak to stand on its own merits of logic, evidence, and facts.

Yes, yes. “Cancel culture” is going to remove and change Eve Online’s theme. rolls eyes First of all, this is a slippery slope argument fallacy; and second, Star Wars lore still has slaves in it. That hasn’t changed.

As for exotic dancers, I don’t believe Disney has editted out that lovely outfit that Jabba forced Princess Leia to wear at the beginning of RotJ. The whole “narcotics, spirits, and tobacco” is more slippery slope argument fallacies.

Yeah… like destroying Keurigs was the answer. Or how about that boycott of Gilette? Or how about that boycott of Nike?

I agree with you on this. This crap does need to end: The crap that needs to end is people acting like when a private company makes a decision that its some form of authoritarian take-over.

1 Like

@ [Phelan Kheldian]

Clearly you just want to naysay and argue. I am not going to engage with that.

But I will address this:

Loads of backstory has been withheld by various creators of various works over the years.

The writings of J.R.R. Tolkien for example were so hugely popular in the 60s and 70s that they sparked role-playing games in general.

Yet, most of what we know about Middle Earth was published by Tolkien’s son after the 70s.

You don’t know what you don’t know. Until George Lucas himself says there is no reason, what you say is not fact.

Actually, Dungeons and Dragons (the original tabletop roleplaying game) was derived from Chainmail, which is actually derived from tabletop miniature wargaming and the interest in Lord of the Rings. This is why in original Dungeons and Dragons, starting characters weren’t any better than commoners. Clerics didn’t even have spells at first level. I wouldn’t recommend trying a trivia contest with me when it comes to roleplaying games; all of the local comic/gaming stores actually use me as a reference when it comes to information about roleplaying games. Because I know that much.

Also, this is a red herring argument fallacy. You’re trying to bring up tabletop roleplaying games when we’re discussing the background of the name of a Star Wars ship.

And now you’re moving the goalposts, that’s an informal argument fallacy. You’re racking up the argument fallacies…

Of course you don’t want to engage. You want to stomp your feet and tell us all how you’re so superior to us because you’re standing up against “cancel culture” and “woke culture”. rolls eyes

You don’t want to engage because your entire argument is built on fallacies… lots and lots of fallacies.

2 Likes

Nothing you drug off Wikipedia contradicts anything I said, which was only meant as an brief example anyway. You are babbling needless information for the apparent purpose of having an argument or sounding relevant or some other ridiculous motive.

And your thumping of your chest about your trivial (cough) skills only made me pity you and those you claim use you as a reference.

I gave an example of how a story telling master pretty much never gets around to spilling every last detail. Slave 1 might have good reason for the name. You don’t know so don’t assume.

This board is very full of people who think they can read minds. I will not engage you fully for the exact reason I stated…which your last post proved. You don’t want to build. You want to destroy. Get lost.

The name was used nowhere but on a ■■■■■■■ toy. Get over it

2 Likes