Slave 1, or Spit in the face of nanny corporations to support Boba Fett!

I have never seen this toy. And I am not even a Boba Fett fan per se. But as a reader of the lore I have known the name for years.

But the point, which has sailed over your head, is not the name. Its like you think all Rosa Parks did was sit on a bus.

Another ad hominem argument fallacy. I didn’t drag it off Wikipedia. Tabletop roleplaying happens to be a passion of mine. But again, personal attacks are what you are reduced to because your argument has no substance to it.

Nope. Just showing that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just like you don’t know the history of the name of the ship in question, you don’t understand where D&D really came from. But you’ve shown that you don’t care about logic or facts here several times over.

Another ad hominem argument fallacy.

And you don’t get to assume there is a good reason, especially since you have zero evidence to support your claim. But I have evidence to support my claim. I’ll review it for you: the name was never used in the movies. The name wasn’t used in the novelization of Empire Strikes Back. If the name was important, it would have been used in them.

So… here we have a new argument fallacy. The strawman argument fallacy. You are making the claim that I think I can read your mind. I never made that claim. And more importantly, the quote you used this to respond to doesn’t talk about reading minds. It simply states what I’ve been pointing out: your entire argument is built on argument fallacies. If you don’t like getting called out for argument fallacies, don’t use them.

Another ad hominem argument fallacy. Your argument is so weak that rather than attacking my argument, you attack me. Not that I care what you think; I’m just pointing out why it’s an argument fallacy.

So, you’re up here talking about an injustice and you don’t even know what happened. Let me explain this to you. A new LEGO set is coming out. It’s of the ship in question. But instead of putting the name “Slave-1” on the box, it’s labeled as “Boba Fett’s ship”.

Wow… I’d suggest actually knowing what injustice you’re talking about before talking about it. But this explains all the argument fallacies. It’s hard to talk about something when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.

False equivalency argument fallacy.

Yeah, I’m not going away until I want to. And I’m going to continue to point out your argument fallacies too. Why? Because it entertains me to do so.

1 Like

It entertains me as well, keep it up.

I’m beginning to wonder if OP represents Georgia’s 14th Congressional district.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oh damn, I must have accidentally clicked on the incel sub forum.

Anyway, since I’m here… who is winning in the oppression Olympics?

1 Like

An octopus with no arms.

1 Like

There seems to be a whole Youtuber industry out there who rile gullible people like the OP up by blowing complete nonsense out of proportion.

They just cultivated an army of half whits that are probably born into the most comfortable life on the planet, but are now convinced there is a culture war raging that wants them eradicated or something.

It’s highly entertaining

2 Likes

The transwomen. Haven’t you heard?

But yeah. Its all fun and games so long as its not you that lost your job because of a tweet. Or wound up in jail on the basis of an empty accusation from a female who needs special testimonial privileges because alleged events from 20 years ago still haunt her.

I don’t expect anyone here to actually stand up and do anything real. But I am curious if any of you CIS genders think the woke and PC crowd moving into positions of power is always just going to be some “stuff that happened” that will never affect you.

I am not real happy with the ruination of Star Wars and Star Trek. But it hardly ends there. And its clear that if I have to explain where all the poison is going, no attention is being paid by those responding…nor will it.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1603478548917

Well, yet another person who watched Star Trek and completely misses the message of the show. Let me clue you in on some information about Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry (the creator of Star Trek) was a left leaning humanist, who actually wanted to have a polyamorous relationship with Majel Barrett and Nicole Nichols. Nicole bowed out because she knew Majel didn’t want that sort of relationship. So let’s be clear: SJWs aren’t ruining Star Trek; they created it.

Star Trek addresses trans rights in the episode “The Outcast”, which aired in March of 1992. It also addressed attacking other people because they are different again in the DS9 episode “A Man Alone”, which aired in January of 1993.

I’d suggest you go back and actually watch Star Trek… because you missed the message of that show…

1 Like

You dredge up that unrelated factoid as if you think I care.

And left leaning humanist is not the same as SJW.

You are just slinging random stuff at this. Can’t tell if you lost your mind or are just trolling.

Or if, by your bring up of trans rights in general against my specific point of transwomen participating in women’s sporting your brain cannot differentiate between 100 percent support for any person in a preferred group on one hand, and actually having well thought out principles based on fairness and reason.

I am not against trans people. Nor am I for handing any random trans person whatever little thing that person demands. I don’t support people. I support principles. I get the feeling that to you, that’s all just gibberish.

I like how “you lost your mind” is your default rebuttal argument.

3 Likes

Actually, it’s very related. It points to how non-traditional Gene Roddenberry was. The people who complain about “cancel culture” and “woke culture” are almost always traditionalists.

A traditionalist would complain about changing a barely canonized name that has no reason to even exist because that’s the name they’ve known… even if it isn’t canon. And it’s not canon because EU was decanonized in 2014…

No, I’m not slinging random stuff. You opened the door to thus conversation when you mentioned the ruination of Sta Trek. If I asked you what ruined Star Trek, I’m sure I’ll hear lots of complaints about the diversity of Star Trek Discovery… which makes me laugh because every form of diversity in Discovery was done in Star Trek before Discovery was even green lit.

I remember people talking on bulletin boards about how much of a “diversity ploy” it was when Avery Brooks was announced as Commander Sisko. And the same complaint when Kate Mulgrew was announced as Captain of Voyager. Same whiney cow dung from the same insecure people.

If anyone here is a troll, it’s the guy whose entire argument is almost completely built of argument fallacies.

Hey, it’s the only argument he’s got. Granted, he’s now stepped into another one of my passions: Star Trek, a series that molded me into the person I am today… because I actually got the message of Star Trek.

2 Likes

I have to wonder about the state of YOUR mind since you could not hang on to the option of trolling long enough to include it in your post.

See, look, there he goes again. I state something I like about all his argument’s common themes, and he automatically hits back with the lost mind thing. It’s like muscle memory for him.

Keep in mind, OP believes that changing the name of a ship that appeared on screen over 3 movies for less than 10 minutes is going to lead to the fall of our country…

That’s a pretty loose grip on reality. But if you don’t know you’re grip on reality is loose, everyone else seems crazy.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you get your information, but I am pretty sure it is not from anything actually compiled. You might have been misled by loud rantings on the internet, most of which seems to be either hand-picked articles put on news sites, or what was left after the censors chopped out sensible commentary by common people.

That’s a tiny point to try and classify a person’s entire belief system on.

And “barely” canonized? Dude, you are trying way to hard to sound clever and dismissive. Boba Fett fans are pissed. Canon is canon. You don’t piss with it casually.

Besides which, you still don’t get that the larger point is not the name. Damn. Why can’t you get this?

Look my avatar. You are outta your mind. Double outta your mind because you think you are sure what I will say before I said it, because you still hang on to the idea that I support people rather than principles.

When someone makes characters based on a bid for diversity rather than just making a compelling character, that character tends to be garbage.

You are horribly confused. Most people are not against diversity. They are against horrific characters created by “diversity for the sake of diversity.” Some people may have jumped the gun with Sisko and Janeway, but given the horrible track record of creating bad characters with diversity for the sake of diversity, can you blame them? Sisko and Janeway are well accepted now. That should tell you something.

Ever think maybe you took it too far? Cause I see a lot of people who think they got the message who can’t just support equal rights for non-Whites or equal rights for both or even all genders. No, they have to tear down and attack White people, especially if they are male and doubly if they are hetero.

But I will say again, as useless as it may be, I do not support people, or even groups of people. I support principles.

That is the most idiotic attempt to distill my sentiments down to a soundbyte I have heard on this forum yet, and that’s saying something.

That was abysmally idiotic. You either are not actually reading, or don’t possess the intellectual capacity to understand…ever.

I didn’t mention Woke Culture, Cancel Culture and PC Culture as asides. They are the entire point. The name is just something to rally around as we can in a way unique to EVE, changing our ship names.

I won’t be entertaining your stupid replies further. Good bye.

I count two “you’re outta your mind”, and 3-5 intelligence hits, but no actual arguments to what Phelan said. Amazing.

1 Like

That is what you get when you skim for phrase counts. The arguments are there. You skip them on purpose. You are trolling.

Goodbye to you as well.