So how is that VR thing going CCP?

Yeah or that time where they plugged Data into the ships USB port and something went wrong and the holodeck program that Worf, Troi and Alexander were using started replacing all the characters with Data’s and they had his abilities as well as the holodeck safety programs were malfunctioning.

4 Likes

technically hard light is energy converted to matter
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That VR shitty trend is going soooo well that they plan to release EVE: VacheKyRie (french pun intended) on non VR plateform.

OMG Hilmar !!! such genius, much visionary, so investment, wow

#BringBackIncarna

2 Likes

Exactly.

What would make more sense, financially, when it comes to using your coding resources and cash:

1. Developing new content for your showpiece game on an existing VR platform.
  2. Porting over existing VR content to a much older platform.

The only reason that CCP is doing this is because the VR opportunities are not nearly what CCP thought they were going to be, and are desperate to squeeze whatever cash they can out of their investment in this game. Once again, CCP adds to their track record regarding new games.

2 Likes

Forcefields. The holodeck uses forcefields to create the illusion of actual matter. it’s not like how replicators work. these are offsprings of transporters.

Fvck, it’s been 10 years? :frowning:

The Wii (/ˈwiː/ WEE) is a home video game console released by Nintendo on November 19, 2006.

^ I know. I remember going to a friend’s house for poker / Wii nights. Didn’t feel THAT long ago. fvck I feel old…

I bet they wont remove the captains quarters in eve val…

punk as ccp… im still bitter about losing my CQ…

Considering that both Gunjack 1 and 2, and Valkryie were the top selling VR games, i think ccp is quite fine with the VR experiment.

If being at the top of the trash heap is considered success, I guess.

3 Likes

It making profit is what make sit a success, and GunJack, from what i have seen, made profit

Profit, yes. But a small profit from a risky venture. If one continues long enough a big loss is at hand.

Putting it into EVE terms, it’s like flying out to kill that apparently solo roaming Manticore in your shiny Nightmare.

30 M $ for developing VR games in CCP. Source:

The gains you can look up here:

Will be probably more in future, as these games are still sold and updated.

1 Like

All I know, is that it isn’t doing jack-**** for us.

I do love how people who cannot VR headsets automatically assume VR is crashing, you clearly have no idea how massive the VR community is

Tell us, how massive is it?

3 Likes

Do your homework okay, seriously, the VR community as a whole numbers more players than eve valkyrie and eve online combined.

But if facebook tells u its failing it must be true right? How gullible are you?

So it is not really massive you are just pretending it is?

1 Like

I really don’t have time to get into a troll fight, I have a whole house to clean before my wife comes home and castrates me for not doing, any other time i’d happily get into a dick waving contest