So, where IS our war?

I asked because I’m trying to understand what you want and why you are saying what you are.

At the moment I have hard time understanding why someone would write reams and reams of passionate-sounding walls of text about an issue they think won’t change and they don’t really care about. I thought maybe you want someone else (possibly me?) to change how they go about it but now you profess you don’t care about that either, so it is even more confusing to me.

That said, I’m sorry for you situation and sincerely hope you will find people that you can feel kinship to.

■■■■■■■ why? I got answers, and I got friends. I ain’t dying because they ain’t yours and yinz, respectively. I wrote “reams” of ■■■■ I’m not passionate about for the same reason I had to write damn near a book to explain how a fluid router crossfeed can impact localized space in high traffic systems for my thesis. I ain’t ■■■■■■■ marrying it, but nobody’s going to ■■■■■■■ have a clue what I’m talking about until I walk them through it. Maybe somebody actually wants an answer to this ■■■■■■■■.

But hey, woe are we who don’t suck the Shakorite ■■■■ and be mad he’s got action on the side. I guess I’ll go collapse in some lonely corner of the world that ain’t ■■■■■■■ ending.

To be quite honest, I still have very little idea what you’re talking about, so I don’t think it’s working.

I think I explicitly just asked for your answer, so, yea, it would be fair to assume someone would be interested in it.

Why all the passive-aggressive?

Honey, I gave it to you, you didn’t ■■■■■■■ like it, so don’t simultaneously pretend to want it and not ■■■■■■■ bother to understand it. Even if that is the real status quo.

Only reason I bothered was because when you talk like you’re a girlfriend, but you ain’t no girlfriend, and you ask why yinz relationship doesn’t seem serious, I feel kinda obligated to tell you he’s ■■■■■■■ around. You ain’t gotta listen if it ain’t what you want to hear.

Wait.

Are you working from the assumption that I am a Shakorite?

Honey, as long as he runs the Republic, anyone doing like they say is a Shakorite, no matter how hard yinz ■■■■■■■ hate it. And asking why he ain’t making time to run a war you want when he’s doing what’s good for him and his already is the height of ■■■■■■■ girlfriend-ain’t-no-girlfriend.

And since you ain’t got the option of going to some other ■■■■■■■ Minmatar Republic they’re opening across town, you’re just stuck carrying ■■■■■■■ water for him. All there is to it.

I wasn’t so much asking as calling him out on it.

Sorry for it being unclear. I’ll try to be less clever next time.

Yeah, you’re calling him out on it like a player ain’t gonna ■■■■■■■ play. That’s the point I’m making. He ain’t ashamed, this is what the ■■■■ he does for a living. Be like me calling you out for working for Electus Matari like you ought to be ashamed.

I don’t know if you noticed, but while there’s a couple people probably wouldn’t mind fighting the Amarrians, there’s a whole LOT of yinz ■■■■■■■ them. And between the two options, I know what the smart money picks.

Now we are just going in circles.

Again, I’ll try and be less clever the next time.

I don’t know how much less clever you can get, but you know, keep at it, sweetheart.

EDIT: Actually, never mind.

Minmatars.

2 Likes

I am not going to pretend to know exactly what we are buying with the blood of our troops and crews in Eugidi, but I know in my heart of hearts it is not meant to be a full war with your people. This is meant to bring us closer together by forcing everyone to realize no nation in New Eden can afford a true war. Over and over I have been told by Minmatar that our war never ended. This is a living demonstration to disprove that, I believe. And by irony of ironies, it is the Lord of Sarum that has come to deliver the message.

I expected this affair to be far more bloody than it has been, especially with your usurper sitting upon his throne of promised Amarr skulls. Yet, with the plodding caution and iron restraint both sides have held in this bizarre episode of play-war thus far, I believe the cluster may finally be coming close to admitting the truth: it is not worth it.

The sword is pointed to you to see if you will flinch. The question remains if you will. Kill us all on Floseswin if you must; if a sacrifice of such a scale is required to assauge your rage and buy a truer peace, so be it. But I do not believe it will go beyond this warzone. A deal will be reached, limitations placed, and we will be able to unite better as peoples of New Eden against other threats. As it should be, for the Reclaiming will not be complete until we are united. This is merely a step towards that, if all goes well.

2 Likes

You think it is about rage.

But in the end, it is not. It is about survival.

As you say, if we continue like this, we will be Reclaimed. For you, being able to do it with peace rather than war would be a victory, and so you have the luxury to wish for peace.

But for us - we will lose either way.

3 Likes

Odd that you equate peace and unity with death. I suggest you reevaluate your worldview a touch. Your current course of thinking seems unhealthy.

That was low, Newelle.

You know better.

Low? I assure you I can go much lower.

I am dipping my hands in blood and mud as we speak to buy our Lord’s wishes. I dipped my hands into filthy money and mercenary scum to get Zashev back for the Empire. I dipped my hands into the twisting bowels of politics and black-slime plots and there is no way to exctricate myself without destroying everything I hold to be worth the price I am paying. All because I was dragged here by forces greater than I. Perhaps God sent me here. Perhaps the Deciever led me by the nose. It does not matter; I will do all I can.

I have no pride left. I will do what I must to protect what I love. So will you.

Do not delude yourself. Your people will survive peace, but not war. None of us will survive war. We will slaughter one another without end or mercy if the fuse is truly lit, until the last child is strangled in their crib, no matter what greater thing comes to feast upon the remains of our ruined nations. Such is the hatred that has been fostered over a thousand years. Such hate is compounded by each blow, but lessened with each refusal to succumb to the means of expedience that is violence.

The only salvation we have is to turn away from that path, for you included. But again I assure you I will be as spiteful as the greatest of the Sarum line if we come blow to blow. This is what I am now.

What are you?

1 Like

The peace you offer means the end of the Matari. Better that we face our destruction with our heads held high rather than as groveling animals that your peace would reduce us to.

5 Likes

It is what obedience without question makes of anyone. Unity is not death, but unification with your Empire is the destruction of who we are… just as it has been for you. I don’t mean the Ni-Kunni, though their cultural identity is clearly and undeniably nothing of what it once might have been. I mean you, Aldrith Shutaq, Lord Consort Newelle, sitting here and telling us just how much obedience without question has personally cost you. How it has made you give up all that you were, and how you know full well that it will take more of who you are, even now. So much so that you give us your assurances that you can ‘go much lower’.

Do not delude yourself. All of the pain and anger and fear that consumes you, so clearly displayed for all to see, this is what ‘peace’ means under terms dictated by Empire. This is the cost of your false ‘unity’ that sees all burdens yoked to those who serve, rather than shared evenly. Where is your illustrious Lord Sarum? Why is he not hip-deep in the muck, if this planet is so large a part of his plan for a better ‘peace’?

There is no plan to ‘buy a truer peace’. What you are buying with the blood of your troops and crews is nothing. You are assuaging the ego of a man who cares only that his order to fire is carried out, no matter how many of his own men, women, and children, are still in front of the guns.

Sarum doesn’t care what it does to them. He doesn’t care what it costs you. Because it costs him nothing. And he will continue to use you, to put at risk even the lives of Amarr children. He will continue to do it, and he will continue to not care. That is the Empire’s approach to the warzone as it was the Empire’s approach to the Drifters. And it remains the Empire’s response to the Triglavians.

1 Like

I am here because there are more important matters afoot than conquering Minmatar mudholes. I am here to make that point clear, so the real issues may be addressed.

I trust Lord Sarum. The game here must be played so matches elsewhere may be won. It’s a painful hurdle to jump, but jump it I shall.

And if it so proves that this all is about the Minmatar mudhole, then fine. I am loyal to my wife, my children, my Lord, my Empire, my God. I am not leaving any of them. Because I love them.