So you just bought CCP

Best point… ever.

"I just bought CCP and…

would move development to my city...."

I would move it to my city. It’s were all my stuff is.

Tbh though, I’m not sure I’d buy Eve Online if I had even 100 billion. Its kind of like old tires, all things wear out and at some point you are just ridding on air.

1 Like

…but I have objective reasons. Cheaper office space, several reputable schools in 3D and computers, easily available IT infrastructure in a dedicated quarter, and of course, quality of life.

Lest remember too that CCP is moving their top staff (C level) to London, and plans to move the company HQ and offices to a technology hub being developed by the University of Reykjavik, one of whose larger lots will be CCP’s for a ludicrously low sum so CCP draws in other ITT companies.

(If you love rumors, here’s one: Hilmar would be intending to improve EVE Online with cutting edge technologies to develop tools that could be rented/sold to other companies. So far, EVE’s code is cutting edge but completely useless for other purposes, so refurbishing the older niche code with market-grade technologies would allow CCP to use EVE to develop and test sellable IP)

2 Likes

Run Eve 1.0 until Eve 2.0 is ready.

Eve 2.0:

1. Real physics engine
  • Collision damage
  • No submarines in space
  • Tracking the actual direction the ship is pointing (so that you can make grid position matter)
  • Not run the engine in ■■■■■■■ python
  1. Concord would use the same ships as we do, same stats as we have. In HS they’d use catalysts by the hundreds. They’d have titans with DDs, but a max of one per system.

2. Revamp the AI, make it smarter, harder, tougher. Might actually want to PVE then.

3. Remove the concept of “sec status”. There is no highsec space. There’s concord patrolled space, and not concord patrolled space. See point #2.

1 Like

Develop new galaxy and reopen the Eve gate back to it.
Galaxy would have all the races and how they
developed after the colonization and subsequent
closing of the Eve gate. New ships, weapons,
modules, enemies and opportunities.

Changes to SOV:
True NPC incursions into systems space where they can cause sec status changes for the systems they invade.

Highsec/lowsec can be invaded and taken by both players and NPC corporations. Sec changes would be dictated by the Corp/alliance that takes the system.

PVE additions:
Double the available missions.
More Epic Arcs
Weekly events
More exploration

Capital Changes:
Jump ranges restored
Add SoE carrier, dreadnaught, super carrier and Titan.
Add ORE carrier, dreadnaught and Titan.

Ship changes:
T3 frigates
T3 battlecruisers
T3 battleships
T2 dreadnaughts
T2 carriers

Nerf Concord and allow players a chance to get away or possibly kill Concord.

Just a few ideas but I’m sure the trolling will be interesting.

1 Like

I’ve bought CCP.

1. Increasing the community team to twenty people and changing the rules regarding interacting with players.

2. Creating a new team dedicated to finding content creators and hiring them as freelancers, with an NDA to sign.

3. Go through historical data confirming what I already know and what Remiel pointed out above. Shoving the data regarding retention and highsec activity up the carebear’s rear ends and going back to old crimewatch based theft mechanics, while finding a new use for suspect state.

4. Reintroduce “nuissances” like removing the warning from missions where you need cargo, making sure that mistakes you make actually punish you again, because people who whine about forgetting the cargo only have themselves to blame.

5. Much harsher rules regarding banning people from the forums,

6. Remove dumbs from the forums when they never have anything actually smart, clever or thoughtful to say, promoting and attracting actually smart people in the process.

There’d be more…

3 Likes
  1. Fire Fozzi
  2. Fire Rise
    Return captains quarters
    Remake POS in to something deadly
    Change citadels
    Return outposts
    Return 8 low slot BS to Amarr
    Boost capitals and supers
    Boost Titans
    Return old DD in part, give back ability to DD anything with targeted DD
    Return tracking to XL guns as it used to be
    Remove abyss

Huge rework of every PvE content

Short list of what I’ve done if…

Such a shame. We’d miss not having you here.

3 Likes

I’m not telling you unless you sign a NDA.

4 Likes

Buying a video game company seems like the quickest way to kill any desire I would’ve had to play that game.

2 Likes

Prove it. Your claim, that it is me and not you who would get his candy ass handed to him.

Are you challenging me?

I would roll EVE back to Red Moon Rising.

And stick with the initial niche game play mechanics that made the game so attractive to the long term player base in the first place.

[quote
So suddenly, a pediatrician is both a children’s doctor and a foot doctor, all at once!
[/quote]

No it’s not. You’re confusing pediatrician and a podiatrist.

Challenging you to what? Are you experiencing a synaptic misfire?

It was a joke. Idk why I have to explain that. Everybody else got it.

Commit the greatest scam in the history of Eve.

Disband the major alliances and steal their stuff. Delete the accounts of all enemies. :crazy_face:

I just bought the CCP, I am the new CEO now!

1. I remove local from null sec! Today, after DT!!
  2. I would consider making high-sec 50% smaller.
  3. Remove Cyno timers. Make jump fuel much more expensive so if u have urge to jump long distances all the time then better have isk.
  4. Probe scanning less time consuming!

These are the first easy thing to do…

1 Like

Why the ■■■■ is this thread still open

2 Likes

Stop doing CSM because the cost to return isn’t worth it.
Finish fixing the agency tool so it is at least as good as its predecessor.
Make resource wars give something other than clothes.
Make some kind of area people can actually function outside their ships and interact so people can see their clothes otherwise stop giving us clothes.
Introduce passive anomaly scanners that scan the system for you so you don’t have to manually scan it but work much slower than normal scanning. (because people are lazy)

1 Like

Rename planet “Amarr Prime” to “Amarr Prime (Chribba)”, blow up the Veldnaught and make the wreck permanent.

4 Likes