[SoERR] Humanitarian aid in the current Empire crisis

They aren’t.

I said not to bring a combat fleet.

To alleviate concerns (and my thanks to the Admiral for phrasing them with politeness):

I am in the area in purely civilian cargo and passenger ships, staging from a Sisters of EVE station. At the moment, I have no weapons in space and so could not engage anything if I tried. Using a SoE station as cover for armed attacks against baseliners would potentially get me in certain trouble I will rather avoid.

Those with any intelligence sources can also verify that my alliance is otherwise engaged in defense of homespace. While we could deploy fast, and while I trust I have my people’s back if I come under attack, I have no interest in aborting those operations to defend Aridia instead. Though I have to say the area could use a clean-up…

Mr Chakaid: your obvious attempt to sow discord between yourself and PIE Inc is laughable. Using their force for a manhunt of a couple of haulers in the arse-end of nowhere would be… fun, I admit, but tactically a waste. And you know as well as everyone that while engaged in the Amarr Militia, which they are honor-bound to be, their possibilities to even attempt to “root out” me or mine where it actually could matter are non-existent.

It is your (or should I say their, Sa-Baron?) Empire’s and CONCORD’s choice that prioritizes their operations to a defined warzone, and leaves us this easy opportunity of “rescue and survival enhancement operations”, as Keitan Yun aptly called them. And who can say that choice is wrong, either? You may win by that war of attrition, in the end. But meanwhile, we do what we can around it.

I remain
Elsebeth, of Rhiannon, born Rhiannon
CEO of SoE Roughriders

2 Likes

Elsebeth,

If in your efforts, you come across a beautiful Ni-Kunni woman answering to Izimalu Naza, please let me know.

I would be eternally grateful.

Unlike me, she’s actually a good person.

If during humanitarian operations I come into contact with a person who wishes to be transported to where a certain capsuleer can pick them up, they will receive that passage, and can contact you themselves. I do not give information on passengers to third parties.

We service anywhere in high-security space in addition to friendly refugee camps, and as a policy, we do not ask for proof of identity or origin for people we give passage to. All we ask is they come unarmed and without augments or gear that could be weaponized.

Such purple prose from this Chakaid character… He should write for one of those tabloid publications. Oh wait, even Gutter Press has standards he couldn’t meet.

Love, kisses and autocannon rounds to you Chakaid.

Signed,
Anabella Rella

Director, Gradient
Talon Commander, Tribal Liberation Force
Dame Commander of Konora
Connoisseur of fine spirits and cigars

2 Likes

So, does @Alar_Chakaid get a new title for every planet he’s set foot on and screwed over ?

I mean, he wasn’t Aga-count of Kahah III before that particular farce, was he ?

Vultures! This is nothing but another blatant attempt to prey on the faithful. Keep your withered, barbaric hands of corruption where they belong. Among your sinful, degenerate Republic kin.

1 Like

Indeed he was not and the fact he holds the title at all is a travesty.

2 Likes

If Gallentes would glass another Caldari colony and then asked if we would like their Humanitarian aid, I would probably reply with just shooting them down.

Lets recap quickly what has been happening in previous Deathglow attacks.
In Kahah right after Blood raider strike Minmatars brought quite a fight. Blooders attack was successful, but Minmatars lost their freighter, depite them holding the grid, their objective was utterly crushed.
In Thebeka again, Blooders launched successful attack and Minmatars immediately rushed in like vultures, as far as I know, without success as well.
Now it repeats and Minmatar instead offer… Humanitarian aid. I mean, would you trust them?
Because I wouldn’t for sure.

Who would give guarantees they won’t go full Orlon Zashev on Imperial citizens or slaves and drag them into Republic like cattle?..

We typically don’t waste cargo space on people who don’t want to be there.

1 Like

This. Hard-pressed enough with transport capability running people to places they actually want to go to. Occasionally we have to restrain people when trouble breaks out, but tend to just leave the troublemakers where they are. Zero interest in doing prisoner transports…

2 Likes

Status update:

Refugee camp and transport trailhead is operational in Tisot, on the SoE station, as advertised. We are reasonably well-stocked and have more resources that can be brought down from high security space as necessary.

The area appears desolate and ill-managed, with Blood Raider and other pirate activity, and very little rule of law enforced beyond the whims of local nobility. Molden Heath is civilized, in comparison. Consequently, the majority of individuals who have come to us for aid during the initial stages of setup and spread of information have not been from the affected Anath itself, but from surrounding areas and stations. This is certainly fine and we encourage persons in need for basic aid or transport to more secure areas to keep on attempting contact.

As reported by several sources by now, our observations also seem to confirm that human habitation on Anath II is mostly gone. A low number of individuals have survived by sheer Luck and Fate, or by having been off the colonies during the attack. (Any individuals coming to contact with us will contact their kin / friends / authorities themselves; we do not give out identities to third parties.)

From what intelligence we have, the situation on Anath IV appears relatively stable (compared to the consequences of these attacks in better-off places such as for example Thebeka or Alkabsi). We are in contact with certain locals that have found it difficult or impossible to receive necessary aid from local authorities / aid groups and have provided some relief and/or rescue. Massive instability seems unlikely due to much more meager resources and organization.

We thank the local Goon forces for the opportunity to dock up at the citadel on orbit of Anath IV. While my rescue staff is by no means unused to treatment of rescued individuals on a Prowler in flight, a dockside makes a much more comfortable initial stop.

Elsebeth Rhiannon
CEO, SoE Roughriders

6 Likes

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Fine cigars, is that right?

It occurs to me that we’ve yet to really speak to one another. It would be nice to do so, I think, in the near future. If you’re amenable to the idea of doing so, of course.

Yes, thank you for remembering.

We can talk anytime since we’re now part of the same team.

1 Like

I appreciate the civil and respectful.

1 Like

Status update:

Nothing more from Anath II. I suspect this is final.

Due to the security cordon in effect, I am obviously not completely free to operate on orbit and ground in Amarr space, but spaceside complications have been minimal. From what I can see, Anath IV is a mess. For now, this is definitely not looking like a rebellion, but an actual humanitarian crisis. Conventional attacks and Deathglow on a planet that at least in some regions seems to have been barely scraping by before them have been devastating.

Anath II remains completely silent.

It has been somewhat an inconvenience to work on a station with a heavy Amarr loyalist presence, some of whom have an extremely poor grasp on regulations of jurisdiction of independent capsuleer stations and ships. I am glad to report, however, that no shots have been fired and that there has even been tentative attempts of co-ordination to save lives on some of the worst affected areas. Stopping interference with my information beacons and staying the ■■■■ out of my docks would be a great help in keeping things this way.

We keep on receiving transport requests also in Tisot and surrounding systems, and have been trying to respond as best we can.

I thank Samira Kernher for kind donations and The Haven for Heros Initiative for help with logistics (again, as in “moving necessary things from one place to another”, not as in “not getting killed while killing stuff”).

Elsebeth Rhiannon
CEO, SoE Roughriders

10 Likes

For clarification sake, The Havens for Heroes Initiative is comprised of Matari and a non racially aligned Gallante corporation. Hostile actions would be met with the logistical wing largely removing themselves from participation in the initiative. No, we aren’t providing aid aside from litteral humanitarian aid.

1 Like

Jurisdiction on the Astrahus begins and ends with CONDI. Please talk to Arrendis or myself about what happened, and we’ll get that sorted.

In the mean time, your friendly GSF Marines are here to help and severely ■■■■ up anyone that steps out of line. Capsuleers that do not abide by the neutrality rules will be asked to leave the station. By the airlock.

1 Like

I have. It is all fine. The less said of it now, the better. An uneasy, very unofficial, unspoken and temporary truce has been reached for now. Please let us not make noise that will wake up the sleeping wolf.

3 Likes