Solution to suicide gankers?

That’s actually incorrect. The frog is usually dead before one starts the dissection. It typically does not die in the process of the act of dissection itself (unless you’re a sick individual that enjoys inflicting pain upon living creatures with the aim to kill them in the process. That is why the animal is euthanized before hand)

It’s not a very accurate analogy.

the frog dies with the purpose of educating people about the functioning of its inner parts
no one is advocating for vivisection
the analogy is not mine anyway but i think its pretty accurate
the flavour text is from reddit thats why i put in quote , the purpose of the text is to explain the original quote , doing a extra layer of unneeded explanation to enhance the humour

1 Like

That is a true statement.

Perhaps the joke needs to die first then dissected.

Plus I was literal for the sake of being argumentative.

I understood the purpose :slight_smile:
Besides my jokes are all dead inside anyway.

1 Like

Hmmm…

What is this entire post about?

Just saying.

The frog’s revenge is that you have to huff some formaldehyde.

1 Like

I have no idea what you are going on about. Please, enlighten me.

i think he is talking about the stuff that they put on the jars in labs so the frog body don’t get rotten

I know what formaldehyde is.

His general comment is baffling and It lacks context. Does he mean my post(s) or this thread in general?

he means the frog gets revenge by making us feel the strong chemical smell

Did you ignore the rest of that post? I was basing it off of the assumption that the absence of in the moment counterplay was something that they wanted to address, for whatever reason. I state outright I do not think it is necessary. However many have suggested things like a mod to burn the cargo, and I personally find that a much poorer solution given the actual value of Ganking in EVE.

Unrelated, but as a Gallente FW pilot I find all this talk of dead frogs highly disturbing.

Ah, so by extension, my satire got its revenge by being so bad it made people groan.

:+1:

Ever had the “Eve Shakes”? You know that feeling when your gut drops and you know your 2.3B Baby is GONNA DIE? It sucks right?

So then…

You man the ■■■■ up and start running around with a bunch of crazy Russian pirates doing nothing, but PVP until your eyes bleed.

This goes on for months.

At some point back in Empire space running missions or whatever you do, someone jumps you and it all happens again. Stomach drops, heart skips, but then you align, wait a few secs and hit your stab. You do it right and end up surviving. Or if in a combat vessel you play your ship and kick their ass.

Suddenly all that ■■■■ made for a hell of a rush, but you die less. This is what keeps me playing Eve, despite CCP’s ■■■■ it is the only place I know where where you can play a space MMO where dying sucks so ■■■■■■■ bad that even a close call gives you the jitters…

I live for that ■■■■ man.

7 Likes

solid advice :+1:

This never happens.

2 Likes

Quite often actually!

I remember this one time this guy was being very vocal in local (low sec system) calling me all sorts of names and the usual emotional sliming that happens when self absorbed whiny carebears lose a ship because I had blown up his ship earlier.

Anyway I found him in an Atron in a belt hunting low sec rats so I strapped on my boots and engaged him in a venture!

It was a great fight. By the time he managed to get himself together, target me, and fire I was well into his hull.

It came down to wire, each of us hanging on by that structure thread. But I was pulse heating my guns, and landed thar finishing blow. It was one of those rare good fights.

I gave him the GF in local. He gave me the typical “get bent” response.

3 Likes

I am being serious when I ask this, but you really never survive? I slip gate camps and weasel out just as I’m being locked almost daily. We have the MWD and MJD trick, stabs (for haulers and such). You have vessels for travel that are small, but immune to bubbles and such. Ever tried to pin down an advanced mining frigate? I forget what they are called, but if you can get into a tech 2 version of a venture you have cloaks AND warp core resistance. And again depending on what I am in I will likely choose to fight. Suicide ganking sucks, but the risks can be mitigated a lot if your careful.

I swear I’m not trying to be braggy or a dick, but if you really never live I thought maybe you needed some tips on how too.

Fly Safe my friend

2 Likes

Good fights are rare, but damn sure fun. Real life is a lot like that. People aren’t so fast to engage if they might actually loss something dear. So when you DO get into it… You guys know what I mean. When you can feel you pulse without taking it, the blood rushing through your ears. Ha ha, I suppose that’s the Irish half of me talkin, but I do love me a good cathartic brawl now an again.

1 Like

I’m not talking about myself, but generally.

Ah, good to know. I remember my days starting out. I learned everything the hardest way. I’m 40 now and I have learned that the wise learn from history and fools learn from experience.

In other words I started to read in order to learn from other people’s “experience”.

I just thought you may have been new or something, there is probably something here that tells how old Characters are, but I only recently starting using the forum, after playing for about a decade.

Hah, no.

If I was new today I’d only be Alpha, TBH.