Solution to suicide gankers?

The solution to suicide gankers is to get better at avoiding them.

Ganking is legitimate gameplay in EVE Online. It provides content for players, it makes the game exciting and it helps the games economy. Stop complaining, bit***ng moaning and whining about it and just get better.

1 Like

@moderators plz close thread ihas gotten of topic and is pointless now

1 Like

The correct, and only solution to dealing with suicide gankers is petition your legislators and have laws passed that prohibit the destruction of virtual assets and sue for the emotional damage inflicted by the loss of your pixilated space assets. Install laws that will persecute them with fines and/or incarceration.

1 Like

Alternatively (or parallel) you can petition @Brisc_Rubal as he is a politician both IRL and in-game as well. :psycsm:

Maybe. But I seriously doubt that he’s my state senator (I know he’s not. I do happen to know who my senators are) or state representative.

I assume if you pay him well he might get into the case and be able to reach and maybe even convince more than one senator though.

@Ax_l_Thorne is right! It’s obvious that CCP is not doing ENOUGH about the gankers that have like vermin infested New Eden’s beautiful and harmonious society. Making tiny little changes one at a time isn’t helping anyone, because the gankers just get used to them and then start ganking even MORE. We don’t need “a” solution to the ganking problem, we need a FINAL solution to the ganking problem! The vile gankers need to be rounded up and COMPLETELY exterminated from the game! We must work tirelessly to build and secure EVE’s Third Decade! Hail Ax’l!

2 Likes

It was pointless from the moment it was created.

If you got ganked you were lazy, being lazy in a competitive PvP sandbox gets you killed. The end.

3 Likes

Yes…and I love it. It’s such a stark contrast to go from leisurely waltzing through systems…to all of a sudden having a ship’s fate decided within seconds.

3 Likes

predators arent needed at all

What did the mean ganker do to you?

Yes, they are needed. EvE needs a high sec ISK sink. Like it or not. And gankers ensure that trit prices don’t tank.

Smart miners hire gankers to clean out their competition so they can sell their minerals at a premium.

But of you want your afk mining to count for less and less isk income, by all means, let’s get rid of gankers.

Not far off it buy orders will be at 1sk ea soon.

That was the most effective rebuke to my Eve doldrums in ages. And that type of Eve hasn’t ANYTHING to do with “better content.”

I’m not a trader, by trade. See, see what I did there?

But from my understanding, charging isk for buy orders wasn’t much of an isk anyway.

We need something grander.

Like another Trig invasion!

That was fun. High sec systems becoming space hell. Trigs hanging off stations and gates blowing up ships trying to pass through. The sheer amount of faction bling I salvaged from the wrecks of tricked out ships on the gates, while dodging trigs (sometimes not so successfully) was amazing.

CCP, please bring back null sec black-outs and Trig invasions.

The real shakeup is when CCP set the standings for the NPC stations to actually mean something ie,

“A Pilot falls into negative with one of the factions then hanger storage tax is introduced & when a pilot’s standings become -5 to that NPC faction/station they lose docking access with only way of moving goods is via contract until faction standings are increased.”

A couple of things that I would like to see in high sec.

1. restrict access to NPC stations for low faction standing. I.E. low faction standing with the Gallente, means no access to gallente stations in high sec systems, regardless of the region. So, gallente stations are off limits even in amarr, Minmatar and caldari regions.

2. not sure of this one, but remove access to station usage for scum sucking pirates like me with -5.0 sec status. Though I can see a few instances where docking in a high sec system would be needed. For example passing though to another low sec region, but RL hits and you have to dock and log out.

But I do think there should be some sort restriction and consequence.

Something above faction police stalking you like a mall cop.

1. Complete removal of player owned stations. Those abominations should have never been allowed to breed in high sec in the first place. But moreso, the tethering. It’s nonsense in highsec. So if something so stupid like that exist in high sec, than ya, I’m going to use it to my advantage, and stage ganks off of them.

These are my opinions. Probably not the best. That’s why CCP is paid to come up and implement ideas.

3 Likes

Reason why I started to bring up the npc standings thing is that we already had the Trig invasion and bringing that back to highsec like how it was well that would not sit well with the latest Fanfest.

Thinking outside the box you are on a solid track if #3 comes into play as that would be the largest shakeup pushing all tether out of Highsec and then #1 of at least a standard to move forward with their plans from the fanfest faction war.

Only hope that the left wing is speaking clearly with the right wing in their development/content delivery meetings.

So let me get this right…

You are advocating for:

1.) Characters to be locked out of opposing Faction Stations upon creation?
2.) inability for any -5 security status character to dock anywhere?
3.) an entire playstyle of Moon mining to be removed.
4.) an entire part of Mercenary play style to be removed?

Highsec moons are pittance compared to Lowsec/Nulsec

Highsec 0.5 should become plentiful belts only and that will help boost player vs player ganking.

0.6 - 0.9 belts stay as they are but 0.5 offer greater common ore.

Are you drunk?