State of Fabai, Aridia, and what should be done about it

Life must be miserable for you, being allergic to your own mind.

1 Like

You donā€™t know the half of it.

1 Like

Wow. Youā€™re even incompetent with the come-backs, arenā€™t you? I admit it, Iā€™m impressed. I didnā€™t think anyone was that feebleminded, and I deal with Goons all the time.

3 Likes

I tend to have an interest in all sorts of irrelevant esoterica.

1 Like

I stopped liking this thread about thirty posts ago. Things are getting ridiculous.

1 Like

Nonsense, you just liked one from the Purity Moron.

2 Likes

You do have a thing with our titlesā€¦

Titles are wonderful things. They tell you just how self-important the people who insist on having theirs used are.

3 Likes

He shouldnā€™t have to insist too hard on The Purity Moron

One day, Arrendis is going to be my herald.

Some asshole like Chakaid is going to have his list off the whole long bit, taking the better part of ten minutes and I am going to get:

ā€œThis is Alizabeth. . . .
. . . Sheā€™s a right proper lass.ā€

4 Likes

Youā€™ve answered my question quite spectacularly. One day you heathens will come to the realization the value of their insignificant voices, and struggle for attention are futile.

Submit yourself to Godā€™s scripture and only then will your voice be heard.

Tell your God when he actually shows himself, Iā€™ll consider it. Until then, heā€™s as imaginary as your influence.

2 Likes

Well, heā€™s being cute and Arsia needs to learn to stop mud wrestling with pigs. She just gets herself dirty whilst the pigs enjoy it. Itā€™s getting unseemly to watch.

Keep speaking to yourself in the mirror then, heathen.

Youā€™re just mad because you canā€™t have her and Sami wrassle in the jello pit on Thursdays at PIE headquarters anymore.

So an atheist is talking to the mirror about ā€˜your Godā€™? Wow, you just get worse and worse at this, donā€™t you?

2 Likes

I assure you, that was never a thing.

4 Likes

Captain Elkin, that was really quite rude of you.

1 Like

It is how close your thoughts resemble reality that do you such disservice, Kernher.

Remember; just the smallest deviation of the path, can send a ship sailing into the void. Never to see the light again.

The Empire continues to consider merit. Just on a much grander scale than many can comprehend. It is not by accident that a family comes to power. It isnā€™t a simple roll of the dice, or trick of the wind. Merit in The Empire, like all grand things, is starts with the smallest of deeds and extends to the cosmic scale.
Consider a family that has shown merit, consistent merit, for millennia. Do they not warrant consideration above the successes of a single life of fervent service? If we only care how much one can achieve in a lifetime, our future is as fleeting as the wind.

The Praetorian Auxiliary Force is a distilled example of this. For a decade the Praetoria did not allow anyone of the lesser races into our midst. After much discussion, debate and soul searching, it was decided that it might be worthwhile to give a place of faithful contemplation and service to those who are devout enough to The Faith as to possibly stand beside Godā€™s Chosen. To let them into the dining hall, into our sermons, into our home. All in the hope that they might experience more of Godā€™s glory and drive them to continue doing great things in His name.
A few short years of existence and the Auxiliary should have given MORE? ā€œNow youā€™ve let us into your dining hall, you must let us at your tableā€ you cry? ā€œWhy am I allowed into your house but not your bedchamber?ā€ she bemoans.

The Praetoria holds the methods of the great houses of The Empire in esteemed regard. Our decisions are often slow, glacial, galactic even. But they move ever forward toward the long-lasting growth of The Empire, and the glory of His world united.
Serving the wants of today despite the needs of tomorrow is not the way to move our magnificent congregation ahead.

That is why generational merit was, is, and will be the most powerful way to create change. True change.
If oneā€™s children, grandchildren, and great-great grandchildren continue to work for the glory of God; even the most incompetent family will achieve more in that time than the greatest of us today cut down in our prime.

You have a family that served our great Empire for generations. They toiled and worked in the hope that you, that your children, would have a better life. That their offspring might possibly one day join the Chosen, side by side, in humble reflection of His light.
It took you less than a single lifetime to undo all their work and throw their sacrifice to the wind.

That is why you are dangerous. Your desires of success and change in a single lifetime will destroy the millennia of effort that others have committed. Pull entire families off the path that would one day see them risen above and basking in His love.
And yet, your words are only but inches from the truth. The reality seems tangible. Just the smallest deviation from the path and they might join you.

5 Likes

No. No, they do not. The fact that for ten generations, your family has been great leaders, thinkers, tacticians, willing to offer themselves up on the altar of serviceā€¦

ā€¦ says nothing about you. It tell us nothing about the sort of person you will be, what greatness you will achieve. Hereditary power, wealth, statusā€¦ these are weakness. They allow fools like the Ardishapur idiot to coast on what greater forebears accomplished, while dutiful, hard-working, devoted servants of the Empireā€¦ get to be trod on by those feckless, pathetic wastes of oxygen.

No, the deeds of your ancestors do not warrant consideration above the merits of the current generation. Even the very assertion is evidence of just what sort of idiocy that policy breeds.

Thank you for the personification of shortsighted. Where the ability to stop paying attention after 10 seconds has allowed you to miss the point entirely. The fact that you give such weight to a single sentence and ignore all subsequent information exemplifies my point wonderfully.

1 Like