Station Stealing EXPLOIT

ok thank you all for your views on this topic.

I would like to point out a few things just to help clarify some of the comments made.

1. The transfer to the fleeted hauler is almost instantaneous! Unless you can take down a 27k ehp hauler within 1 second of it arriving on grid it is impossible to stop.
  2. bumping with anything means being in the right place at the right time (this ain’t miner bumping) and consequentially bumping as a defense is very difficult as time is short and there is no second chance here!
  3. Station thieves use a number of things to assist them in finding the un-anchoring process time. The summary is that in good circumstances they get a 30 second warning and instant identification when the station un-anchors! SO much for any safety linked to the timer! This simply does not exist !
  4. a low ping will make you second to the grid no matter how fast your ship warps or aligns! and again there is no second chance here!
  5. Sure the thieves put in the time and effort in camping out the target station. How does that make my station theirs? But outplayed? yes obviously duh!
  6. Should this transfer be allowed within all that is eve without any penalty? imho no it should not.
    7 and finally I ain’t moaning or griefing about this. From my point of view the station thieves are competent Eve ‘professionals’ for whom I have nothing but hate and admiration in equal parts. Simply sharing the fact that if you have a station and want to keep it and need to un-anchor it…if someone else wants it and you can’t absolutely 100% get there first you WILL lose it. FACT

HEXFORD

1 Like

Wow. That is something I never really thought about. And while you used it to illustrate another point, I was just thinking, for all the time it takes to unachor and pack even the simplest structure, the instant loading into cargo is very inconsistent.

Funny thing is, if it took time to load items in space, I bet the complaints from non-thieves and non-criminals would break the servers.

think about it the just move the station to the already open fleeted hauler bay! super fast on transfer and it’s done… hauler goes fy but only costs say 3-4m so sacrificing it is nothing while the fleeted ship just aligns and warps off!

1 Like

This game is rife with fraud and scams, its absolutely absurd, its not “Eve Online” it’s “Fraud online”.

Was this station on grid with a stargate or another celestial that gets alot of traffic?

You should file a “butt-hurt” complaint to CCP about this.

no it was not

As CCP said, this is not an exploit.

I’m surprised that the scooper even gets a suspect flag. IIRC this wasn’t the case for an unanchored POS and you could just directly scoop it without the fleet hangar thing.

Things like this should always be possible and are the reason why this game is so awesome.

3 Likes

Maybe we need a new industrial ship called the “Raitaqual” that sieges next to the citadel and creates a POS-forcefield around the anchoring spot so only authorized personell can scoop the Citadel :stuck_out_tongue:
To be honest, you cannot steal ships from hangars, but a multi billion dollar spacestation can be stolen. What a great world we live in :yarn:

1 Like

This mechanic is working as intended and should not be modified. Stop making a fuss about it and asking for such outlandish things as a special ship to protect the structure.

Or you can just stop being bad at EVE and use one of the hundreds of ships we already have to secure your stuff

2 Likes

The more accurate comparison would be a ship you ejected from in space.

If the station is abandoned or in wormhole space, you absolutely can steal ships in it by initiating a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly Event.

You can’t just steal a structure. It must be decomissiobed. Your comparisson is flawed.

That is just a R.U.D.E. thing to say. :wink:

Twitch gameplay in a strategic game is not awesome.
If the owner fails at the strategic element then sure, but it should not be a ‘Who spams the loot button faster’ mechanic, That is not interesting.

The bottom line here is something that many just don’t seem to get. This game is 100% based on risk v s reward. Don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose and don’t anchor what you can’t afford to bring down.

This game has never been advertised as safe and care free. High Security Space can be more dangerous than Low or Nul because you can’t always tell where the threat is coming from. That is the main appeal to this game. It is not fraudulent online as someone else stated. It is about being aware of your environment and act accordingly.

In Nul and Low, you can defend a structure that is being taken down. If you worry about losing your stucture in HS when you want to move it, sell it in place and drop a new one. You may take a loss in the value of the sale but then you don’t lose everything. It is all about the risk vs reward.

I have a personal example. I am leaving one system and moving to another 52 jumps away. I will be selling my Rorq and Thanny at a loss because I will come out ahead in the long run. It would take 9 cyno jumps where I would be putting my 7 bil rorq at risk every cyno along with my 250m recon ship. I weighed it out and would rather lose some and still be able to buy a new one when I get to my destination, I have also risked it in the past cyno jumping it 3 times. That time, I felt the risk was worth it.

Scams and scammers are out there, be smart before acting. Those that get scammed on the market aren’t being as observant as they should be. Those that are getting scammed by corp mates and putting too much trust in others. I highly value my corpmates and don’t believe they would scam me. However, when I think about giving roles or other things, I weigh the consequences and see if I am willing to risk something for the reward. Sometime yes, sometimes no. Anything that happens to me, I put myself there whether I am blown up in space or somehow scammed, I put myself into that situation. It sucks but truly models real life.

1 Like

Yeah, but it isn’t really about that and you probably know it.

1 Like

This particular complaint might not be, not arguing that.
But the gameplay does involve elements of twitch gameplay, and that could be eliminated without changing the strategic elements.
And when talking here, CCP do read it, and pretending the entire chain of gameplay is all great simply isn’t true.

Doesn’t the structure owner have the advantage of knowing the exact sexond when the structure decomissions? Were there spies involved? Or did the thief guard the decomissioning structure for several days?