♦ Still Need Help Figuring Out How to Survive Bashing FOB's

:100:%

I’ve been running them daily (on SiSi) trying to figure out how to “truly” solo them. :rocket:

2 Likes

There is a guy on the zKillboard link you sent that looks like a real pro. His name is King of fober. Maybe hit that cat up. I’m also interested, I can never actually find them though.

1 Like

Interesting tidbit, when the Stronghold spawns in a system, it’s only detectable in that system. Then, every 12 hours that distance increases by 1 jump, maxing out at 5 jumps.

I tried another fit from a youtube video that supposedly could “face tank” any spawn from a FOB. I died at the second Guristas Forward Operating Base. Thankfully, I was on SiSi.

Any advice on how to improve that tank?

Fitting

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake FOB Killer]
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay

Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Shield Recharger
Republic Fleet Shield Recharger
Pithum A-Type Thermal Shield Amplifier
Pithum A-Type Thermal Shield Amplifier
Pithum A-Type Kinetic Shield Amplifier

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Federation Navy Ogre x7

Inferno Precision Heavy Missile x10000
Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x10000

Please include me in mails regarding this as well. I am also interested in killing these things.

1 Like

I wonder if that fit is from before the resistance changes. I’m not savvy with the dates for that change. Maybe dude also had HG Amulet implants or something.

I appreciate the info about how the spawn is detectable.

2 Likes

That could very well be. We always have to factor in CCP’s constant meddling.

Nurf, buff, nerf, buff…

Glad to hear it.

I will be following up with anyone that’s interested in bashing these.

1 Like

Used to run these solo with standard 11 accounts.

Don’t let other players try to dictate what “fun” is in EVE Online. It’s unique to every player.

Also profit is profit, if your making a profit then thats fine. Theirs are some players who have a really messed up sense of profits and will tell you your making a loss unless you squeeze every last % out of what your doing, don’t listen to them.

If you want to do FOB because that’s fun, then great and you will make ISK doing this. Don’t listen to other players who say you shouldn’t do this because you could be making more doing something else.

3 Likes

100% I like running them. It’s a challenge to do them solo. That’s 1 character on 1 account.

2 Likes

I give up.

Don’t give up, especially if your way of doing it works…

1 Like

IDK about FOB’s, but when I hunted diamond t2 exhumer fleets and haulers full time, I did it the hard way and killed response fleet instead of distracting it. I had to kill all the response logi etc. before I could make a dent in the rest

1 Like

Just hunt t2 skiffs and the haulers, lots of fun. x-type x-large loki, passive gila, and passive orca team. Always aggro the miners and only chase down if response is frigs. You’ll need ore compression services often even with orca ore hold. Salvage the t2, loot haulers 100k+m3 ore each plus the faction strongboxes are fun too

1 Like

Yes. Killing the FOB is easy. Living long enough to do it…that’s the hard part.

Can you solo a FOB?

Very good information…but I don’t have a “team”.

Thanks!

I’m trying to keep this dream alive. One question, if your shooting a FOB (tanking with no problem) and a red FOB hauler lands, should you shoot it?

:diamonds: Bestower

I did last time and lost a very nice Rattlesnake. :snake:

1 Like

What we used to do was search out the FOB miners and sit and wait with a cloaky ship for the hauler to appear.

Kill the hauler (quickly before the response fleet arrives) and warp out. That scares off the miners and they will also have to wait for the hauler to re-spawn. Now I don’t know exactly how long that takes I can only say that as long as we killed the hauler before attacking the FOB we never saw the hauler respawn / return to the FOB before we had killed the tower.

(note this was not solo, there were two of us, just two characters/players)

2 Likes

This is what I’m trying today. Thanks.

join the in game eve chat channel “FOB fits” they are waiting for you to show up and theres all the info on the channel you may need. good luck. Sorry bro it took so long to get back to you with this info, RL has gotten in the way.
Good Luck.

1 Like