Suggestions for Pearl Abyss to Revitalize Eve

They have no proof of that

Markets nerfed??? The markets have never been “nerfed”…only more and more gouged towards taking profit away from players and putting it into Pearl Abyss’s pockets in their deliberate effort to slow-walk the game towards monetization…

I did not explain myself properly. I was addressing your 2nd point, about the relisting changes.

When the costs related to this mechanic were changed time ago, CCP regarded it as a change to address “bot-like” behaviour in an extremely low number of the market-playing population - people who made a career of keeping their orders on top of the list - which begged the question, why nerf everyone over just a handful of people.

Many people suggested different alternatives, and many were rejoicing about exactly what you mentioned, more “casual” traders finally being able to play station trading.

Others were sceptical, and predicted exactly what has happened: lower market usage, splitting up market orders in several smaller-size ones, and, far more importantly, people who still would play the 5 minute game to keep their order on top anyways by offsetting their potential income to try & drive away the competition.

So no, we don’t need further relisting changes to allow “more casual” people to be able to PvP on the market. Nothing would change, just like nothing changed with their anti-bot-like changes, other than making the market a bit worse off (and maybe try to sneak in a bigger isk sink in fees). People who won’t compete in station trading, will not be able to do so even with 24h relisting changes, just like they did not manage to do it before.
There are other types of trading for those people, for those who can’t station-trade. For example, speculative buying / selling in the LONG TERM, or buying certain items for practically nothing and then selling them for several thousand times more than they got them from, etc. Done those things too and are very profitable as well. Imagine buying 20 items for 10,000 isk each and selling them back for 30m each.

So yes, I dont see how additional relisting changes will give more casual players the chance to compete. You are still going to be clobbered by people with more dedication to the task. The only way around it is reworking the entire market so that it does not revolve around always working on the order at the top, but they are never going to do that.

You’re right…they are going to stay on the same path that they are on and only going to make things worse… You would think that they would get a clue by the mass exodus of players from the game…

Oh I did not know this, any info on when the servers are shutting down? No point investing more time in game I guess. To bad I did enjoy it.

If/when the Eve server eventually shuts down it will be down for like 4 hours while they upgrade to better servers.

I’m joking the servers are not shutting down, Minnaken is just an id1ot don’t listen to him.

He is a Jita troll that somehow got loose on the forums.

1 Like

Pearl Abyss could have easily revitalized EvE, but they made the mistake of keeping Hilmar when they bought CCP so any hopes of revitalization went out as he came in.

3 Likes

There was actually alot more of that going on than you think… I was right in the middle of the battleship market wars that sparked those market changes… Corps were having their members lay on their listings all day long…while I toyed with them to drive down their prices and buy them out… I made alot of isk doing that at all the major hubs…until it got squashed with the listing/relisting fee changes… I had alot of fun in some epic market battles… Oh the memories… Lol … :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggestions for Pearl Abyss to Revitalize Eve

Any suggestions made by the forum regulars would run counter to PA goals. Their goal is not to please you. It’s to please their board. They would happily trade the whole lot of you for six whales.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

So true… It’s all about money…and Pearl Abyss wouldn’t have bought it from CCP for $453 million if they didn’t have a money-making plan for it…which seems to be the monetization of game items (particularly ships) by restricting resources and undercutting the profitability of manufacturing… The old addage of companies operating in their own self-interests… Hope they reconsider their business model upon player draw to the game that made it successful in the first place…

New server.

Different galaxy layout.

Once toon enters, there’s no going back to old server.

Cut SP to 10M.

Bare minimum NPC market seeds… base frigates with Civilian guns and mining lasers.

bpc drops for basic T1 gear from rats in Level 1 missions/anoms/belts.

Watch the player count rise.

The old world needs to die if Eve is going to continue… at least it needs to be an option to leave it behind and start a new chapter in Eve.

Not ‘Eve Classic’ necessarily, keep today’s mechanics, just new map and everyone starts 10M SP or less, and NO Skillpoint trading.

Make it an option for regular subscriptions, similar to WoW and WoW Classic.

A new optional server starting from scratch would be amazing, with a different map I would for sure start on a new server like this.

But only if its 1/4th of the size. Its too freaking huge. Much less wormholes as well.

Don’t forget no PvP in high-sec!

1 Like

To be fair I would not mind if there was no pvp in 1.0 system’s but allowed to switch off of green in 0.9 and under.

Doesn’t effect me personally either way but I guess if it allows some people to grind out those 1.0 systems till they are bored and start to think of taking risks then that could work out well.

It would be amazing to see what a server wipe would do to the community! What would plex prices be? Who would stay? Who will become the biggest group all over again? One can only imagine the new stories, adventure, and drama. I was all for the asset safety changes and upwell abandoned mechanics. YES, I lost about 2 billion from that because I was away in EVE and didn’t realize it fast enough, but it was worth it to see TRILLIONS in loot drop from ancient upwells.

Of course people will say CCP is destroying their work… :thinking:

Upwells were a maximum of 5 years old at the time, so ‘ancient’ is a bit of a stretch.

And yes, this was literally CCP scamming and underhandedly destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of players time and investment in the game. Giving only one month’s lead time of news on this change, and then failing to notify the vast majority of players affected, was a betrayal of faith to players taking time off from the game.

I don’t have numbers or data on this but I strongly believe this was one of the “straws that broke the camels back” for long-term players of EVE. After this the loss of veteran players and subs accelerated.

Personally I lost less than a fraction of one percent of assets, so it was no problem for me. However between this and Pochven a lot of players returned after an absence to find truly astounding changes to their in-game assets, which CCP had told them would be safe.

People have a strong tendency to never give back trust or goodwill after it’s been broken. CCP wasn’t only destroying our work, but their own IP as well.

5 Likes

@Kezrai_Charzai Thank you for posting the link to that article by Rich Richman. What an eye opener.

1 Like

The forums will continue to be a cesspool until post reports are shown publicly, just like likes.

Anyway, this was to be expected ever since you “turned.” You have enemies now. They’re just not enemies who will do anything to you aside from trying to curb your ability to express yourself freely.

3 Likes

If nothing else, It’ll be a great way to figure out the alts.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I have no idea why CCP thought it would be a good idea to let any player hide a post for any reason.

3 Likes