Summon the Swarm

i kinda like the break, super rattting is mentality draining and the isk/min can very alot based of how attuned you are at that time, some small distraction has a large effect on your income

Iā€™ve done a couple on Singularity.

In their current form I will NOT be doing them on Tranquility. As stated above carrier ratting will never be profitable as is. So dreads are the only viable answer. So, not my favorite but different could be good right? Maybe.

If you get used to that, and the possibility of being grabbed while stuck on grid you run what I think will be the biggest downside (outside of losing your boat). The issue: griefers can blow up your beacon and waste all of your efforts. We all know there are a lot of griefers out there, if their arent enough to kill our caps, they can just blow up our profits instead.

Back to the drawing board CCP.

hello, there is no concord analysis beacon on the test server, how can you test updates without the necessary beacons. Thank you in advanceā€¦

Are they sold out on all markets?

Maybe try the /moveme command to move to a different market to try there.

i had some troubles but found the thing i was doing wrongā€¦ Dont use capital guns against small stuff -_-

Did you have web & paint for application? Did you fit any Missile Guidance Enhancers / Computers? Were you using XL Torps, XL Cruise, or HAW Torps? Edit: Edit: Edit: never mind, we found the problem =).

So, when is the next iteration of this toy landing on Sisi?

did they nerff the drop rates of the mutiplasoids

They are seeded on the Singularity markets as with other modules - you may just have to change systems.

I hope this stays doable as solo dread. With my erratic playing time I cannot reliably be available for fleet activities, so having solo material as well would be nice.

Although I think I jinxed it now, so gotta hope for the best.

After doing a dozen or so of this sites my opinion is the following:

The basic idea is great, at last we can use our big toys more than twice a year.

For improvement I would suggest a few changes:

• The capital which linked to the C.R.A.B. must stay linked until the site is finished otherwise the site is failed, then the rewards can be adjusted by the initiating capitalā€™s type

• Right now it doesnā€™t feel Iā€™m summoning a swarm, increase the number of the infested ships even if only the jaguars, or there can be more drone ships, so at least the drones will look like a swarm (like in abyssal sites)

• The site requires us to kill subcaps most of the time, I would say itā€™s reasonable for dreads and carriers, but if the site was linked with a supercarrier or a titan there should be an infested capital to kill next to the subcap ships.

• For rewards the reasonable amount is 1,5 times the payout of the WH sites if you initiate it with a dread or a carrier due to the higher chance of the loss of your ship. For supers and titans itā€™s much-much higher but that would make people lock down systems and start to print tens of billions each day. So the reward should be some exclusive loot, maybe capital mutaplasmids for modules we donā€™t have right now. So if you want to pimp your titan or super you have to use it to run the C.R.A.B.

I have a few other ideas about the C.R.A.B. sites and PvE in general, how can I contact a CCP employee who will read them?

1 Like

For people that havent tried these CRABā€™s yet, i made a new video the other day, using a HAW Revelation. Eve online CRAB Test Server 8/10-2021 Gameplay HAW Dread (Revelation) - YouTube

can you have more then one beacon up in a system i have been testing but there is no one in the system when i do them.

3 per system.

Why does CCP not see a problem in having this run exactly where and when players want to run them (their fortified home systems)? This is like it is kind of instanced PvE design, but to avoid the obvious shitstorm, we technically not make it an instance ā€¦ but yeah, it should be as much an instance as possible.

Sandbox gameplay would it be, if these were anomalies or scan sites spawning randomly without population caps and gates.

Same happened with the lowsec SCC sites, and some event sites before, not to mention that truly instanced PvE and PvP is still in the game. I donā€™t like the direction this points to.

3 Likes

have you thought about allowing towers to be purchased from the market. We would use them as any other deployable. We could even upgrade them or having a fitting window like we do for ships. Just an idea.

those other MMOs donā€™t have simulated economies on the same level as EvE. Hyper inflation is bad and retards market movement.

the most disappointing thing about this is that EW and utility drones arenā€™t getting plasmids. even if all it changed was speed, sig, and tank it would have been nice.

Those games are not really comparable: In WoW the gear you used last year is now irrelevant, in EVE the ship you were flying 10 years ago is still as relevant as ever.

In WoW there is no way to lose progress, you only gain progress. This means hyperinflation and equipment powercreep is required to keep people interested.

In EVE you can spend weeks to get enough ISK to buy an expensive ship only to lose it all the next day. This means the game doesnā€™t require any hyperinflation or powercreep to keep the old equipment and ISK relevant.

EVE is not like other games and does not need inflation to keep the game interesting.

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine @CCP_Swift

I would like to share some (hopefully constructive) feedback about the gameplay of these sites. Any risk/reward considerations are more focused around the cost of caps, and/or an easily tweaked number of surveys dropped at the conclusion of the site ā€“ none of which have to do with the gameplay itself.

My main issue with these sites is that, by design, you are just sitting in space doing nothing for 14 minutes (4 minutes activation + 10 minutes in the site). This is uninspiring and to be honest, rather boring. I would like to propose two ideas to improve this:

1. Fixed time - Set a fixed duration for the beacon (eg 30 min) and turn this into a endless-waves-of-bad-guys scenario. The payout would be dynamic, based on how many waves you were able to clear.
  2. Fixed number of waves - Set a fixed number of waves that need to be cleared (eg 5, 10). The payout per site will be more or less constant, but the isk per hour will depend on how quickly you can clear the sites.

Both options can be easily tweaked to match the targeted time in space (ie 20 minutes) by setting either the fixed time (option 1) or by tweaking the number of waves (option 2).

I would also recommend removing the 4 minute link timer and have the site start right away. Keep the 5 minute timer on the cap though, it keeps things interesting.

tl;dr sitting in space doing nothing by design = bad.

4 Likes