Quite simply, all T3s are of the following description:
- they’re customizable both in looks and in traits
- This customizablity allows them to not be pigeonholed into one role
- they have meta upheaving properties.
so, quite simply, the very many things a t3 hauler can do are really left to imagination. How I think it should be:
- each subsystem of the hauler is set to a scale to ratio out it’s utility to it’s cargo space. from it being essentially a normal ship to the equivalent of a paper-mache uber-pinata.
- subsystems can allow the ship to specialize in the same way the gallente t1 hauler line has specialized versions of itself.
- these subsystems will be described to what happens if you use all of one kind of subsystem but obviously it’s meant to hybridize certain subs for other subs.
the variations that can be accomplished when a series of subsystems can be combined lead to these setups, ranked in descending order of cargo capacity.
1- The pinata
the pinata setup allows for maximum cargohold in exchange for all forms of capability and traits. with only it’s rigs slots this hauler really starts to look like a junior frieghter however due to it’s large cargoholds it comes with higher structure ehp that coincidentally makes up for the paper-thin shields and armor.
2- the usual hauler doctrine
this particular setup sees the norm for most industrials in terms of slot layout and a much more “healthy” bhp and resist profile, this exceeds most other haulers minds you, but it holds the same relative balance.
3- the t2 2.0
say what you want about displacing the DST and the BR, I already said that T3s already have that reputation. so combining the best of both with the only drawback being a loss of two to three low slots, i think it will be just fine.
BRs are fast, and this concept makes them faster, though without the ability to covops and having a cargo bay that matches t1 haulers you wonder as your reading this… why? small mass limits. nuff’ said.
5 really not a hauler anymore
cargo bay of 1000. no covops, no fancy improvements to compare it to the rest of it. what makes it different?
maybe the cruiser’s slot layout with added bhp. more of a bait ship if nothing else, since it comes with zero bonuses, but the ability to fight back.