Tell us about your flagship

Full name of the flagship: FGJ Badaboom

Nickname: Poison Pill, for reasons that will become obvious

Class: Stratios

Homedock: Jita 4-4

Builder: Sisters of Eve, Apanake mission

Souls on board: 3 - Myself and [redacted].

Purpose: Exploration and Recon

Reasons for flagship designation: [redacted]

Favorite moments: During a recon contract in Stain for [redacted], I decided to take a quick detour to see the pool of radiance from 6QBH. A hostile capsuleer managed to tackle me in a Sabre. Unfortunately for the hostile, I was not only able to disengage but also destroy their sabre and force two hostile interceptors into a full retreat.

I want a ship with a huge wobbly sausage on top.

3 Likes

Too bad I didn’t manage to take a picture, so here’s a generic one:

● Full name of the flagship: Shadow of FLK
● Nickname: none
● Class Hurricane Fleet Issue Combat Battlecruiser
● Age 4,5 years
● Homedock Dal I - Tribal Liberation Force Logistic Support
● Builder I don’t remember - probably built at the same station
● Status Destroyed
● Souls on board 900. 50 evacuated, 640 killed by hull penetration, in the explosion or by following decompression, 180 killed by pirates salvaging the debris, 30 captured by pirates
● Purpose Large scale combat, mostly - assaulting systems
● Reasons for flagship designation This is the ship I was commanding in Gebuladi the day Factional Warfare zone was entirely conquered by Minmatar for the first time
● Favorite moments The moment above, obviously, and her last moments - successful assault on Eszur 7 months ago, before she was destroyed by a pirate fleet.

1 Like

● Full name of the flagship: Galahad

● Nickname: The Hotbox

● Class: Phoenix Class Dreadnaught

● Age: Unknown, discovered scuttled and recovered late YC122

● Homedock: Alternates location based on nuclear readiness, Skarkon

● Builder: Unknown, most likely PANFAM

● Status: On Standby

● Souls on board: 15,000 Active Crewman, Plus Warclone Compliment in Storage

● Purpose: Strategic Deterrent, Planetary Assault Dreadnaught

● Reasons for flagship designation: Surpasses Carrier Glatisant and Warbarge Fisher King II in Tonnage (Though strategically cannot be deployed as easily without escalation as Fisher King.)

● Favorite moments: Discovery, haggling down salvage price with Svarog station administration, evicting local teenages, squatters, and crust punks from the hull. Gods and spirits willing, that’s as exciting as the ship will ever be and it will never have to be used.

5 Likes

Tsk. Really should have put that in here. Aria might yell at you. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

● Full name: Light Of Amarr
● Class: Marauder
● Age: 2 months?
● Homedock: Nice try
● Builder: No idea
● Status: Intact
● Souls on board: Full slave crew supplement
● Purpose: Annihilation of unwashed heathens
● Favorite moments: None yet

I just skilled into the heavy interdiction cruiser the devoter and i think this will be my new fav ship soon.

AEBC Oracle
AEBC = Amarr Empire BattleCruiser
Registry: AES-429
Class: Oracle Attack Battlecruiser
Origin: Amarr, Domain
Crew Count: To be determined
Usage: Long-Range Combat, Sniper

Length: 161.1m (528.57 ft)
Beam: 116.59m (382.53 ft)
Height: 429m (1,407.54 ft)

Reason for Selection: Only Amarr vertical design, works very well for Mul-Zatah Monastery, high DPS from long-range, a Rogue Drone Destroyer (Pochven + Known Space)
Favorite Moments: Instant corvette knock-out at Amarr trade hub (> 5 times), using it for my first mass test.
Rank on Favorite Ships: 1

Screenshot taken by me - Taken in Amarr (1.0)

1 Like

● The Spirit of Assiettes.
● The big, beautiful girl.
● Orca.
● 1 year-ish.
● Assiettes - NADSC Field Office.
● Outer Ring Excavations and Deep Core Mining Inc.
● In service.
● Souls on board: Varies greatly, depending on role, mission, loadout and destination. About 100 full-time assigned, plus additional crew hired on temporarily as needed for mission.
● Gathering and moving resources.
● It’s the ship I bought entirely with my own ISK, outfitted slowly with hard work over multiple months, and enjoy the most time in.
● One time it was used to steal a bunch of captured Gallente ships back from an Amarr dock where I was delivering a shipment of rock. Crime of opportunity for the good guys, but when ships just accidently fall into my maintenance bay, is it really theft?

And another time I had these two lovely ladies on board and we were up in my captain’s cabin with the gravity generator turned down and…uh, I’ll stop there to protect the innocent.

I know, it’s just another dirty Orca with red and white stripes. But she’s my dirty Orca with red and white stripes.

4 Likes

I miss these stories. Who has a new flagship (or lost theirs recently)?

2 Likes

● Name: Mammut Furlongi IV
● Class: Mastodon -class Deep Space Transport
● Age: on IV… a couple of years now.
● Homedock: The Arboretium
● Builder: Nota C. Lue, Inc.
● Status: Active
● Souls on board: A dozen freight drone controllers.
● Purpose: Haulin’. Ass, when need be, but usually goods.
● Reasons for flagship designation: It’s what I’m out there in these days.
● Favorite moments: Every one that doesn’t involve millions of people dying.

There y’go.

6 Likes

• Name: Rapture

• Class: Nightmare Class Sansha Battleship

• Homedock: Inoue IV - Moon 4 - Lai Dai Corporation Warehouse

• Builder: My friends in True Creations

• Souls on board: 150, including 50 Lai Dai Protection Service marines

• Purpose: Punitive Expeditions against the enemies of the State, and moneymaking expeditions against the Sansha

• Reasons for flagship designation: It’s the prettiest ship I’ve ever seen

• Favorite Moments: The terror of getting it to the Pool of Radiance

3 Likes

Used to live there… damn, that’s some memories.

1 Like

● Orca
● Floating Rectangle
● Industrial Command Ship
● 3 Years
● Abudban Station
● Donated by a friend for offering boosts to all at ice belts in Porpoise
● Status: Destroyed
● Souls on board (1x Fedo, Homeless, striper, random citizens of Abudban and Raravoss evacuated durign invasions).
● Purpose: Originally used for mining, when Raravoss system flipped during invasions used for combat
● Reasons for flagship designation: Years spent providing boosts to everyone in the ice belts of Abudban and Raravoss to then turn into a combat ship when after DT undocking in the skies of Raravoss becoming red it tells a funny story as a capsuleer who had near 0 PvP experience joining invasions in said Orca accidentally after assuming a load of x’s in local were for ice mining not dread site PvPvE in local… for the Chapter 3.
● Favorite moments: Warping to the fleet joined during invasions assuming it would be the Raravoss ice mining fleet as usual, with Bjorn streaming “who brought an Orca to my fleet?” confused expression
● Demise: It died in a “Carebears Revenge Fleet” in Tama

7 Likes

Doing what it does best. Watching you.

Name: Taezali
Hull: Helios (CreoDron)
Class: Covert Ops Frigate
Builder: shipyard unknown, acquired in Jita as a gift by a family member
Homedock: Ana VII - Moon 3 - Ducia Foundry Mineral Reserve
Crew: 1 capsule pilot
Speed: 14.54 AU/s warp | 4,178.15 m/s sublight
Purpose: fast and secure interregional travel and transport - smuggling slaves out of Amarr space into freedom
Reasons for flagship designation: Got it from my other clone and was told I need it … she was right. A small perfect sized cloaky ship. Fast and reliable. Perfect fit for an independent capsuleer who likes to silently slip away.

6 Likes

Told ya!

Name: Dark Was the Night
Class: Astero-class frigate
Homedock: I dock where I want.
Purpose: Spying, snooping, and generally being nosy.
Reasons for flagship designation: It’s not, not really, but it’s the ship in which I’ve been marinating in pod goo lately.

9 Likes

Name: Gudrid Stjörnauga
Class: Fenrir -class Freighter, Stjörnauga-subclass personnel transport
Age: I’ve had her a few hours, but I’m given to understand she’s like a decade old.
Homedock: The Arboretium — Currently deployed to Perimeter II - Moon 1 - Caldari Navy Assembly Plant
Builder: Stjörnauga Clan Shipyards, Pator
Souls on board: Between 300 and 250,000
Purpose: Assisting in civilian evacuation from troubled assets
Reasons for flagship designation: Technically it’s the new shiny…
Favorite moments: So far, so good?

So, this one turned out to be something of a surprise for me. When I learned of the Imperium’s withdrawal from the TTC, and it became obvious that all of the XL structures around the Forge were going to die, I decided I wanted to try to help get the civilians out. I mentioned this to my mother yesterday, and she suggested I check with the Clan to ask about one of these personnel transports. Turns out, Clan Stjörnauga developed this gutted-and-refitted loadout for the Fenrir almost as soon as the freighters started seeing private use.

The Stjörnauga-subclass itself is mostly just the additional crew quarters and quality-of-life additions (more heads and freshers, a reasonable galley and mess, etc) made necessary by the needs of the passenger complement. Some are set up as troop transports, some as hospital ships… apparently, one of them is even in service as a cruise liner. Who knew? (Mom, as it turns out. Mom knew.)

Anyway, Gudrid Stjörnauga here is basically in troop transport configuration, but that’s hardly the lap of luxury. Who knows, once these evacuation transport lanes clear, maybe I’ll have her kitted out as a cruise liner… or just a luxury superyacht with a really, really big pool… and an island in the pool… or something.

10 Likes

● Full name of the flagship: (decomissioned, Atlas)
● Nickname: Donkey
● Class: Charon - freighter
● Age: ~10 years
● Homedock: No home dock. Idleness is isk!
● Builder: Unknown. Cheapest seller.
● Status (in service, destroyed…): mothballed, somewhere in molden health.
● Souls on board (crew, janitors…): janitors, maintenance staff to allow quick recomission
● Purpose (combat, diplomacy…): inter-regional trade
● Reasons for flagship designation: highest isk earner per hour of flight time.
● Favorite moments: moving high value cargo, essentially all it does.

3 Likes
  • Name: Karagatan
  • Class: Freighter Class
  • Homedock: Frarn - Resilient Spirit
  • Builders: DammFam Alliance
  • Crew: ~ 6000 at the moment including tourists and civilians. Still recruiting Janitors, Medical Experts, Navigators, General Crew
  • Purpose: Regional Trade within the Republic. Ore transport.
  • Reasons for flagship designation: The Karagatan is an investment in the future. We hope it will be able to serve us and the Vherokior Tribe for decades.
  • Favorite moments: Visiting the Orbital Caravanserai in Pator

I’ve never seen a more beautiful freighter in my life. :heart:

6 Likes

{Access restricted}

● Name: HMS Virus

● Class: Covert Ops frigate

● Age: {Your privileged access security level is to low, contact SFRIM security personal}

● Homedock: Mehatoor-LUMEN ASTRA "Mehatoor - Mikhimi Herart "

● Builder: {Your privileged access security level is to low, contact SFRIM security personal}

● Status: Active

● Souls on board: 1

● “Kill Switch”: a uranium warhead strapped inside frigate between capsule and frigate mainframe, if capture or losing a ship is imminent, activates “kill switch” to destroy mainframe with all the secrets (so data recovery is impossible) and capsule with body (radiation kills cells and dna so there is no way to find out owner of body).

● Purpose: Sabotage behind enemy lines

● Reasons for flagship designation: While operatiing this ship, pilot was done significant damage to Minmatar military efforts in warzone, decimated Minmatar and pirate faction operation centres, data mainframes, back-up servers and communications, in Devoid, Bleak Lands, Heimatar and Metropolis regions

● Favorite moments: a recent Perfect timing moment- while hacking Minmatar Operation centre a Minmatar FW pilot {name redacted} o7 in Local. After few seconds a message popped in Local that Operation centre will be destroyed in 30 min.

One of my favourite ships from esstetical and practical points of view. Helios is the most flew ship of mine. From Shadow war event and Factional Warfare to pirate data/relic sites and WH sites. I choose Helios as flagship because it makes sense from my pilot point of view. She is a hacker, “black-hat” and operates with-in tactics of “of cloak and dagger” (a metaphor, referring to situations involving intrigue, secrecy, espionage, or mystery).

4 Likes