The first highsec system flipped!

I sound miserable? Look at THOSE guys :smiley:

I’m super happy!
These changes are awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

That would be truly awesome!

3 Likes

EDENCOM considers the destruction of Triglavian resource-gathering operations to be a high priority for its forces and allied capsuleers.

This may be what people will have to destroy, for system to not become low sec. Or maybe destroying the harvesters will be a goal.

There may be just a competition between those two (EDENCOM and trigs structure) in resources harvesting.

Does this mean that people can pew pew high sec stations without Concord shooting back without a wardec? while the invasion is in system?

It all reminds me of the way Guild Wars 2 map events are designed. :thinking:

Combine this with Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May and you can shoot and loot nice stuff without wardec.

And when the system goes low and as long as Triglavia is not defeated the system will stay low, I can imagine that there will be groups who are very interested in keeping it that way.
So theoretically many parts of the HS could then become LS permanently.

PS: Well, of course the whole thing should start, as usual, in the rookie starting areas! CCP has good experience with that.

2 Likes

you are evil…for saying that…

/
Also what if capitals slipped through large wormholes into lowsec(Highsec)

/We need to dreads for that Customs office take down asap.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be the same as the real LS in all aspects.

Where Jita as a lowsec has something tempting.

Not really. I mean, a Trig invasion already has a pretty big effect on a highsec system. Those NPCs have been good at training players to pay attention to those triangles and funny writing, and not just go about their business like the farmers of the past might have been able to.

One person’s “loss” is another’s opportunity for content.

There are a lot of unknowns here, but if they are the frequency and length of the current Invasions, than highsec will be fine, even these hypothetical highsec people like to come here and plead for. Highsec seems to be doing well now with the current impact of Trigs, and making a few systems temporarily a CONCORD-free, capital-free free fire zone makes a new space for players to shoot each other.

I’m sorry if that means someone playing Eve as a single player MMO might find his or her gameplay disrupted a couple times a year, but the potential here is too great to pass up. I hope CCP lands it.

4 Likes

However, I personally think that the value in the game has suffered a lot lately. What some people spend months building up, a few can destroy in a few minutes. Yes there are many who make trillions of ISK, but the average does not. For me, Eve has become a really cheap shooter lately, because CCP has taken away any bigger goal from me through the last adjustments. It just doesn’t make sense to invest a lot of time in something that the others can destroy in passing. But that’s okay. It’s just a PvP game, such games never claimed to be very diverse. Put the gun in your hand and let’s go. (Translated into Eve, grab a frigate and do PvP)

4 Likes

This was also said in case of wardecs. But most people just denied content by not playing. They had little choice in preventing the wardec.

But for this, I hope CCP will give an option to prevent system plunging into low sec status, by playing the game, protecting the home from trigs.

1 Like

And why shouldn’t it? I lost a few blockade runners because I was an idiot. They were loaded to the brim with expensive stuff which took me a lot of time to gather. Every ship was destroyed in about 30 seconds. That is the thrill of the game. That is why I play the game: to take risks and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Play ■■■■■■■ farm simulator if you want to play farm and get the ■■■■ out of EvE.

7 Likes

Not everybody plays it that way and you have to respect their opinion if you want yours to be respected also.

3 Likes

I guess this might just be perspective, but I think the opposite. CCP made Eve a “cheap shooter” over the last few years by flooding the economy with wealth and safety to the point where virtual stuff had so little meaning, and fights could be dodged so easily every fight was a consensual shooter. They’ve spent the last year working on changes to make effort and work in this game have more meaning, and that means loss matters more - that is make it more like the Eve Online of old, and less like the lobby shooter game is has almost become.

Goals, including big ones are much more satisfying to reach when you can fail. Or you can suffer a setback. Yes, I get there a lot of farmers who might not agree with that, and want their guaranteed, no-loss progression so they can feel like winners, but that doesn’t appeal to everyone. Some are seeking wins in the face of adversity and other players, not be annointed saviour of the universe for just logging in enough times.

Don’t get me wrong, this new warzone has to be balanced and make sense to players, but this change is part of CCP’s effort to bring bigger goals and meaning to the virtual universe. At the very least wait for the devblog before calling out that the sky is falling. CCP generally knows what they are doing, and this change won’t be as big or as bad as you fear. And if CCP gets it right, it will bring dynamics and opportunity for everyone in New Eden, even the most conflict averse carebear.

14 Likes

There is nothing wrong about playing the game the way it can be played, of course if you dont break any CCP rules.

Don’t get me wrong, this new warzone has to be balanced and make sense to players

Everything for everyone. In changing dosages. Well, I hope so.

I don’t think CCP put in the dev power to create another type of sec with unique rules. But let us being surprised. It’s possible, they did it for Thera years back.

2 Likes

Now THAT’s some great news!
Time to dust off ye ol’ rustbuckets in Hek!

go about their business like the farmers of the past

1 Like

From its first day, EVE offered a certain kind of experience. The people who come to EVE to play it according to the experience it offers are right, and the people who come to EVE to play it according to the experience they seek are wrong.

If you want to dance, do you go to a club and do it, or do you go to the library and demand they install colorful lights and start pumping out loud music?

If you want a steak, do you go to a steakhouse, or go to a vegetarian Indian food restaurant and demand they change their menu for you?

If you want to just mine rocks in peace, do you set up a Minecraft server and turn off the damage, or do you go to a fundamentally-PvP game like EVE Online and complain when you get shot by other players?

The whole “everyone can play EVE however they want” thing is a myth. No, you really can’t. It really is as simple as that. And as such, not everyone’s opinion needs to be respected, if it is contrary to the experience the game is advertised to offer.

10 Likes

As a lvl4 mission runner in high-sec these trig invasion systems will not affect me in the slightest, I have acces to lvl 4missions all over the high-sec map especially gallante and minmatar space. I’m sure a system wide warning will be in place before the system changes sec, giving me plenty of time to leave or hunker down if needed.

To be honest i’m more pissed at the solar glare issue not being fixed. It’s about time high-sec had some game changing content.

2 Likes