The first highsec system flipped!

How much? One system? Oooh scary

Look, if they let it be that Null could finally do away with the Empires that would be great. But they wont. You know it, I know it, the cat knows it.

Muh slippery slope says this is gonna be a lot more than just one. Like a lot, a lot.

Maybe even a whole 5 non-Sov locations before CCP get bored and abandon it.

Yeah, like, Niarja and Uedama would be fine :joy:

Hasnt even happened tho

It’s not over yet either

Correct, so little premature.

If CCPs Track record is to go by, even if those places are “threatened”, you think itll be anything other than a big fight that HS will probably win? As if by magic?

Besides, if we are theory crafting about stuff thats not happened, why discount the thought of Trig High Sec?

Will see if it happens. There are very dedicated people on the trig side.

Eventually? Why not, those systems will have way more traffic if this happens. Cuz there is no reason in Tri high without tri agents in it

Hi, :slight_smile:
Is it smart for players to attack other players in Triglavian conquered space?
soon their standing will turn red in HS/null/low ?, to become a victim of their own greed?
just to think that ganking will help them after a while
?
triglavian are not villans of destruction…(neutrals)
players are …just trowing full the bucket for ccp s isk destruction …
soon gankers find out that they are not even save… in HS anymore
you see that …soon… concord will not help you …(standing still counts)
:slight_smile:

Please refrain from asnwering a question with another question, thank you.

Why do you think their needs to be some form of consistency and security?

Since you’re going to claim invalidity of my counterpoint simply based on a rhetorical question I’ll spell it out for you.

1. Markets. Everything will become inflated. If everything has even more legitimate risk then that leaves no consistency baseline. People will charge even more to make up for potential losses. This is just going to lead to more hoarding issues as people also will become more conservative due to the increased risk of losing their product. In other words, anticipate anywhere from 10-30% price hikes in even basic goods.

2. Players. Players need at least some safe space to store their booty. Nothing will suck more than coming back to the game and realizing a shift in security status left them penniless and without assets. It’s just not going to keep people, I’d say stick to BR arena games for this kind of attitude.

3. Alliance bloat. Strong alliances will just get stronger as people will invest in them for presumed levels of security. This will leave less for small time alliances and will eventually result in their absorption into the larger organizations.

4. Personal autonomy. People have always been able to Opt In to risky ■■■■ to get rewards. It was never just a toss into the deep end in order to force people to play the nullsec life. EVE has always been about choice as it’s a sandbox mmo. Players deserve to choose a playstyle that fits their idea of fun, not yours or mine.

5. Risk/Reward. If highsec is just going to be lowsec 2.0 then the entirety of resources will need to change. If not, there would be no reasonable way to stay in what was once high sec because you’d go from “safe but low resource” to “dangerous but low resource” while low/null is still “dangerous but high resource”. Thats also the reason why low/null materials are more profitable to begin with.

In every case it’s a developmental logistical nightmare that is bound to push away every other player but the PvP community.

1 Like

Yes, but the players use the mechanics added by CCP. The mechanics which provides some rewards for flipping the systems. The mechanics which hasn’t existed from the start.

So yeah, while you can say that it’s the players who flip the systems in reality the players simply do their role in the grand scheme of CCP. And should it not be CCPs idea these systems would not be flipped ever.

1 Like

Rewards for trig side are laughable aside from seeding chaos by replacing high with null. Invasion runs on pure enthusiasm actually

3 Likes

Niarja is blue star so can be pushed into final liminality.

I would like to know what is missing in Hek…

But that would make lanngisi even more profitable… creating even more demand in Hek.

We already have one such mechanic - it is called system cost index. Consolidate all manufacture into 3-4 jump range of jita and everywhere you will see 6-10% system cost index.

2 systems. Soon 3.

Omg sthap thats like… A whole small bit!

Firstly, I dismiss all of your points as baseless assumptions. We all have read these type of “we are doomed!” announcements ad infinitum and all have been wrong.

Secondly, it is still not an answer to the question. I didn’t ask for your useless predictions but why do you think there needs to be some form of consistency and security.

Excellent. Because you know what that means? A 10-30% increase in profit for smart industrial players.

(And I’d like to know where you got that specific number, other than “I made it up because it suits my opinion”.)

Nothing will suck more than coming back to the game and realizing a shift in security status left them penniless and without assets.

I seem to have missed the part where triglavians flipping a system causes all stations and property in those stations to be destroyed? Perhaps players returning from a long break will just have to face some risk in moving their stuff back to highsec. If they are smart then losses will be minimal. If they aren’t smart then nothing of value will be lost when they ragequit.

Players deserve to choose a playstyle that fits their idea of fun, not yours or mine.

And “farm with zero risk or meaningful interaction with other players” is not one of the valid choices. Don’t like it? Go back to WoW.

3 Likes

Sorry, Merin. No idea why I replied to you.

Jump-Freighters are a thing and yes, it seems that CCP’s plan is to push out the carebears.

Its more of disrupting the trade routes between null and high-sec.
Your statement would mean CCP is trying to reduce people willingly to pay a sub and I doubt that is the case.
And those new systems that flip end up dead like the rest of low-sec, nice to fly through.

1 Like

Yes. It’s a clash of ideologies.

647 posts. I’m impressed. :smiley:

1 Like