The Hek Mining Association

Introducing Phase 2 of the HMA

HMASeAT, Take Two

HMA Salutes: Jakā€™rat

So Long, and Thanks for All the Ships

welp this is very sad but true

The one time I did go mining in Hek with this group it was fun and they didnā€™t require any payment in ISK or otherwise. Iā€™d say theyā€™re a good example of a ā€œregulatory bodyā€ kind of thing that organizes mining instead of punishing miners for no reason.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

HMA Open PvP Tournament (December 2022)

Do You Want To Buy a Permit?

The Hardest Working Man in Hek

Can we mark this as FICTION PLEASE ? The place to discuss the lore of New Eden, and post in character.

Basically the bullies are using the forum for self promoting and dreaming.

I humbly ask to the topic be moved to fiction because they clall itselves that in the links they provide.

I donā€™t recall seeing you in one of our fleets. If you were a regular, you would know who Frank is. Although the blog does include fiction, only fiction related to our organization gets shared here.

Mining Safety

Whatā€™s that?

Edit: Oh sorry I checked the dates and realized that was an old comment.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/EVE_Lexicon#Awox

Awox To attack and destroy the ship of a pilot in the same player-run corporation without warning. (Derived from the name of the first widely known EVE pilot to do so)

How to Run an HMA Public Mining Fleet [Updated]

So your still going, good to hear.

How did the changes effect hek are the gankers coping without tether and do you have many more abyssal runners.

I can see hek becoming a hub for runners, with the market becoming better stocked, which then inturn attracts people like safety to hunt these abyss runners, itā€™s like restocking a pond with fat juicy fish

Fyi, hek is considered a rookie system and ganking/griefing shouldnt happen to nubs.

Thank You. I considered scrapping the whole thing when the changes came out but I still love this game too much.

I think the inability for Alphas to gank had a bigger impact then tethering, to be honest. It also killed our efforts to have people give it a try.

I also expect to see increased traffic and activity so this may end up having a net benefit to Hek. Iā€™m kind of excited to see what happens in that regard.

1 Like

My interpretation of the rookie system rules as it pertains to Hek is that you are specifically prohibitted from interfering with a rookieā€™s ability to run the SoE epic arc. The fact that they have a separate list of systems and explicitly state that it is because of the SoE epic arc missions suggests that those systems donā€™t have the same blanket ban that the actual rookie systems have. It is vague enough that a GM could interpret it to apply to all ganking/griefing but I have yet to see that happen. Part of the beauty of Hek is that it exists in a grey area both morally and legally. For example, it is a trade hub that allows structures. Honestly, I was really hoping that Hek would be excluded from the new -5 restrictions in High-Sec.

1 Like