The Hunt for Komi Valentine is Over!

RL COVID-19 victims will not receive aid as long as you’ve yet to biomass yourself.

Yet another stunning plot twist in this space opera!

:scream:

(In all seriousness, everyone should donate in some form - PLEX4GOOD or otherwise :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I should have kept my mouth shut and let the drama run for a while longer. Sorry.

We never did hear back from a Dev on this. It’s kind of a fine line. Could it be considered harassment, etc? I don’t think it’s ever been taken this far before.

Anyway, this thd had me chuckling all day. To me, the two thd’s read like a sequel to Clear Skies! A spin off of The Damsel in distress. (replace millennium falcon with Tempest)

We have the naïve damsel who wants to run for office, but the evil cartel of “The Ones Who Read the Forums” don’t want her to run because she has no experience. So they put a huge bounty on her forcing her to slip away (clone jump) to a remote and desolate wasteland. (low) She now contemplates her fate all the while knowing her assassins are closing in…

(sry on this one, wasn’t many choices. it keeps going)

But as much as I’m enjoying it all, I still cant vote for “her”. The CSM is a free ride for a yr plus a trip to Iceland for a 3 day drunk. :wink: And since we can’t speak with “him” ooc, who knows what damage “he” can do, or do nothing at all as a member of the CSM? Also, most players think the CSM is a bunch of clowns already, we don’t need to add a real one from “her” “The dumb blond platform”. I would ask everyone not to vote for “her” this yr. The guy got great exposure, no one hates him and over the next yr, we can find out what what he can bring to the table ooc.

Yes, it is you. Do the noble thing and drop out.

Guilt trips, awww, lost your nobility points :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

How is that a guilt trip? You must be an alt.

Edit; And a poorly disguised one at that. Another strike.

How do you know what people who have contributed to the price on you may have and/or are giving to plex4good? You don’t.

Lucas pointed out that the NDA indicates the player, not the character, would run, so it is highly-likely a “successor” character for the same player could be appointed if CCP accommodates the RP to the extent to announcing such a successor. A singular assassination would make for great RP, but I would imagine CCP would not have the patience to announce multiple successors for the same player (eg. from multiple assassinations) - all hypothetical, of course.

We asked Dopamine in the “All You Need To Know About CSM” thread because the point is so fascinating: one of the major themes to come out of this thread is “RP needs more representation on CSM” and in EVE in general, which I strongly agree (I recently issued RP-related feature requests here and here toward that end). If an RP candidate (Komi or otherwise) ended up on CSM, questions such as these would need to be answered eventually. Why not now? I asked the question in such a way that was Komi-neutral on the other thread, though others brought the space drama intended to be confined to this thread onto that thread. (One of the reasons I created this thread was to leave Komi’s thread alone.)

2 Likes

This entire line of reasoning is wrong. Unless you like the null sec blocs and their machinations, voting for Komi is harmless. You cannot “damage” the CSM by electing the wrong person. At least we know she cares about more than just isk and killboads - you don’t need to talk to her OOC to know that.

2 Likes

“He” may, “but” “she” is running. I have not seen what “he” thinks. I must have missed something, could you please refresh my memory?

I don’t know. This whole drama confuses me.

3 Likes

:rofl: You and me both!

@Komi_Valentine - Here is the CSM15 candidate list CCP issued recently:

You’ll note that all of the candidates have their irl, on Earth today country of origin indicated! Know why? BECAUSE CSM IS NOT AN ALWAYS-ON-IN CHARACTER ROLEPLAYING POSITION!

You - the real human player, not your ingame character - will have to sign an NDA contract, attend meetings interacting with other CSM and CCP, other RL things.

There is as time and a place for roleplaying if that’s what you like. That place is in the game, that time is not when the playerbase is counting on you to contribute on their behalf in a council already having it’s issues and about a game that very much has ongoing and emergent issues.

Good thing for you ushra’kan gave you sanctuary, eh?

2 Likes

You say that like you feel it’s some kind of insult.
I won’t dispel your ‘accusation’ so easily.
Because I am not feeling a burn.
Quite the opposite.
Amusement.

1 Like

I will take this as a golden opportunity to talk ooc then. Please tell me what your goals are in the CSM? I have nothing against “him”, just “her”. Can everyone agree I can stop using quotes to tell the 2 apart yet?

Hm… “My Brotha” ThePhotographer just gave me an idea… I am going to try to reach out to Komi directly, see if my idea bears any fruit…

2 Likes

Peace and love for all. And good recipes.

btw, the world isn’t black and white (or in this case a matter of simple binary choices).

1 Like

When it comes to the free ride of the CSM, it kinda is to me. I vote for who I feel is best irregardless of party lines. (pisses off my sisterinlaw all the time :rofl: )

You keep insulting and deriding the CSM. So tell me why you are so interested in a candidate?

1 Like

I take it you didn’t bother to read all I posted, Another strike. Keep racking them up.

We all do. Or at least most of us. What we expect out of the CSM is a little bit more respect for the position. We want you to be at able to contribute to the game. I ask again, politely, what do you bring. (and thanks for coming out of your shell! It’s hard to get the feel of the real person while their in RP)

Ad populum.

Please do better…