The Hunt for Komi Valentine is Over!

not the good kind :wink:

you compared her to trump already, how do you think he got in office? by people raging against him and people voting for him becausee they saw him more and more.

1 Like

Archer, you really don’t get the ar-pee at all if you’re calling her out for this being a “publicity stunt” and dubbing her “egomaniacal” from an OOC(out-of-character, aka the person behind the character, you, I, us) standpoint.

Knowing Komi both OOCly and “in teh ar pee” I can most certainly vouch that this is simply a person who, like myself, loves the idea that capsuleers aren’t the only kind of people in New Eden and that it can be fun to RP and play EVE from an ironman-mode like perspective. I’ve lost a few mortal characters now - and have some going on 2+ years.

I’m not against the bounty stuff, or trying to knock Komi out of the game by hunting her down and forcing her permanent demise upon her, that’s half the fun of playing a mortal, the thrill of it. Though, with all that said, you’re a bit of a ■■■■ Archer, all the bounty business aside. This could all have come around from a hella’ fun RP perspective, but it’s you that is being a cockwomble OOCly to Komi, who has just been trying to enjoy RPing a character with ambition and dedication.

8 Likes

there are places and there are not places on the forums for RP.

1 Like

CSM summit is exactly a great kind of place for the RP - as is the Crime and Punishment subthreads.

3 Likes

Publicly discussing an exploit is bannable. Why is she not banned?

2 Likes

trying to make concord or ccp pay her 1 bil isk to explain an exploit, no thats not RP, thats just stupid.

1 Like

CCP decided not to ban her under the current circumstances. Caesar decided mercy.

1 Like

Why is it not RP? By CCP’s responses, they saw it as RP and went along with it - while issuing clear OOC warnings also, though in a fun and gimmicky manner due to the circumstance. I’d say CCP handled this ■■■■■■■ fantastically.

7 Likes

except she didn’t, she actually reported it fully with the details, just didn’t explain thee full details in the stunt threads. Would you have posteed exactly how to do an exploit on the public forums?

1 Like

Then banning anyone for breaking the rules is hypocrisy.

And this from someone who wants to be on CSM.

CCP really need to consider the precedent they’re setting here.

2 Likes

CCP never directly acknowledged it…If you have proof they did, show it.
@ISD’s don’t count either.

who???

1 Like

Sounds like a complaint for CCP, not me.

Directly sharing proof like that would probably be against the rules, just because they never responded publically(why the hell would they? It was a bug with one character that they were sorting out, nothing to do with anyone bar Komi) doesn’t mean they didn’t solve it and sort it out.

RP is not only fine, I personally love it. In other MMOs I only join RP-PVP servers. I wish I had more time to RP myself (though I do sport a few "alter ego"s and have for years on my EVE Discords, so it’s similar). I think it’s neat that Komi runs in an RP persona. I’d actually like to see more CSM members do the same - to the extent that it does not interfere with providing a concrete platform, which Komi does not have. Komi isn’t being murdered for RPing; Komi is being murdered for running for CSM on a 100% egomaniacal basis with zero platform on which to actually improve the game. Not only does Komi not have a platform, Komi lacks the qualifications on which to dynamically respond to matters such as to improve the game as they arise (which could be a sufficient substitute for a platform in some cases). I sincerely believe Komi would at best waste a valuable CSM slot and at worst harm the game - and the one and only reason Komi is running is to satisfy her RP vanity. I am very pro-RP, make no mistake about it. Do not misattribute the motivations behind this call to action.

Here’s the other thing: it is literally impossible to engage in CSM and interact with players to change EVE exclusively in RP mode; at some point you have to go out of character, and Komi’s refusal to OOC to any degree at all whatsoever is unacceptable. You cannot RP and say “Gee, I wish there were more trig event sites” or “wouldn’t it be wonderful if super heavy tubes magically increased and light fighter tubes decreased?” - you need to balance RP with OOC; Komi refuses to do this.

I’ve also explicitly stated several times I personally don’t find the exploit itself problematic, I find the fact that she used it as a publicity stunt a problem. In other words: the RP is fine, the egomania is not.

No you’re the apologist it’s important you heard it too.

and when you make an ignorant statement like this

yea … no you’re not fit to run.

3 Likes

Roleplaying vigilante accused by another Roleplaying Bounty Hunter and everyone is confused over what is real and what isn’t… Once again the blurry line of reality is apparent. Is this real life , or is it just fantasy…

1 Like

I can assure you I am not roleplaying in this thread

1 Like

Grown ups are talking now.

See, I get all your “RP perspective” on things, but knowing Komi OOCly too, I know this to be untrue and unfair. Yes, if by some miracle they got the CSM seat they absolutely would have to break character, they know that, they’ve never disputed otherwise really. They also are aware that this was going to draw a lot of sad flak from people who didn’t understand the RP - as I believe you do now, so I take back at least part of what I said earlier. Though with this in mind, it’s still fun, RP is all about fun right? Sure, it gets serious at times(like a 5b bounty hunt taking place over New Eden for example) but just keep the RP in the RP. They’re constantly in-character which is ■■■■■■■ admirable, if you’re someone who understands RP and enjoys taking part in it yourself, then give them the courtesy of RPing back to them, so much of what you’ve written has seemed like it can be, but then you break into the OOC name calling and all that jazz in your next line. You don’t know Komi OOCly, don’t judge, they’re just having fun(an absolute blast) with some pretty damn dedicated RP. Just because it’s exploded and the character Komi Valentine had the audacity to try and aim for the CSM Summit, doesn’t mean that they’re an egomaniac behind the character.

TLDR; you don’t know Komi OOC, everything she’s posted has been IC, so don’t call them names OOCly when this has all been the RP you claim to understand. Bounty hunt? Expected, awesome infact(RIP Poor Komi) but man… Obviously this was gonna’ get OOC flak from people who don’t get the RP, but you do, so ease up OOC on Komi my dude.

1 Like