The like and get likes thread II

(Nana Skalski) #4959

BTW there is book called Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. I have read it together with Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Good books. :relieved::ok_hand:

Interesting design:

:thinking:

(LordOdysseus) #4960

Oh…so you read books. Would you honor us by posting in the book thread too? :relaxed:

(Nana Skalski) #4961

It was in past, now I cant finish any read longer than few pages without naping. My brain changed to get information in large quantities and very fast from internet. Any long nature desribing verses make me yawn honestly. I would not read Lord Of The Rings now at all without falling asleep constantly and trying to stay conscious. :scream:

(Nana Skalski) #4962

She writes some interesting articles

:scream:

(Yiole Gionglao) #4963

I’m still shocked after seen a TV ad for this product just launched in Spain:

https://www.airwick.co.uk/our-products/v-i-poo-pre-poo-toilet-sprays/

I’ve been staring at the TV for a while, shocked in disbelief and wondering whether it was a real thing or some kind of joke. But oh my, it’s real.

And I wonder, what about European toilets? Water level is quite low and the stuff uses to land on the bowl as much as in the water hole -not to mention in Germany were many toilets are “flat bottom” toilets where the stuff essentially lands on a horizontal surface.

And then I wonder, what is this thing made of? How is it cleaned/recycled at water treatment plants?

And then I wonder what kind of idiotic world we live in where scaring people about their poop smelling bad is a matter of concern for R&D and marketing?

According to internet, UK public was equally shocked last year when the product landed on their shores.

It makes sense, if you sell products for after, to sell them for before. Thus the days when somebody will sell pills with poop deo so we crap smelling like roses are coming. Back in the 80s it was a joke. But oh my -I bet someone is researching it, right now.

Weird times…

(Nana Skalski) #4964

I remember around 10 years ago https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d2/Pahnila_Outhouse_Simo_20090630.JPG/220px-Pahnila_Outhouse_Simo_20090630.JPG this type was still in use near grandpas house.

(Yiole Gionglao) #4965

I read many books by Verne, probably the well known classics. My copy of Journey to the center of the Earth was illustrated with a cover showing a Conan-like primitive fighting a mammoth with a spear… which is something I noticed that was missing from the book. :rofl:

But it was a good read. Although I haven’t read Verne in maybe 20 years… maybe i should dig out those books from my library and re-read them… I just loved The Mysterious Island, and the part where Cyrus Smith manufactured nitroglycerin to blow the walls of Granite House always gave me goosebumps. Also as a child I used to fantasize about living in a place like Granite House…

(Nana Skalski) #4966

I also liked very much the Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. Seemed very real when I have read it.

(Yiole Gionglao) #4967

Good morning LAGLers! Last night I made a double session with Narcos and ended up going to bed very late.

(Yiole Gionglao) #4968

Also: since electrons behave in different ways based on whether they’re confined in a 1-dimensional, 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional space… what would happen if you confine electrons in a fractal shape with a fractional dimension? These guys are testing it:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41567-018-0328-0

(Nana Skalski) #4969

Maybe rainbow electrons? :sunglasses::ok_hand:

Sesame Street, a good meme source since the beginning of the universe.

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

(Nana Skalski) #4970

Hehe

(LordOdysseus) #4971

50+ ships vs. 1 Golem

Glad to learn that Marauders are still durable.

(lilsteel) #4972

plus more

I had a few events happening to me during those first 3 weeks of April 2018.
I don’t use my facebook accounts …
The first time I had a facebook account, there was a terrorist attack in India, near the Pakistan border, almost as soon as I had created my account and was reading a local newscaster about other news, and then, on this.

I’m also in court for that, but I have better opportunities to go in health profession due to my family background being from the army and that can be applied to marketing further, with more government support which may be required to meet the minimum competition requirement needs to succeed without too much interference.

Of course, on my mother’s side, it’s a bit different, but we have more global relation, including in Europe, with ongoing relative living there.

Also, it makes no-sense that data is being used to create unfairness , and then, hope to get away with it.
The facts are recorded by electronic systems and those hardware systems are designed to do that, and can also be used by military robots and systems.

Some trust funds and mutual funds are definitely better than other, both financially and for intelligence purposes.

(LordOdysseus) #4973

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

(Yiole Gionglao) #4974

And now i go to bed too. Nighties lovelies!

Also: those weeks when your probe hides behind the sun…

Asteroid Ryugu and the probe Hayabusa 2 are going to the opposite side of the Sun as seen form Earth, so Hayabusa has pumped up its orbit and is going to take it easy until it can communicate with Earth without interference from the Sun

(Ian Morbius) #4975

(Nana Skalski) #4976

They are back to drawing board and its good. Reworking it, not scraping it. I dont think they will start everything anew. They could add stuff, build on it. Everything else would be too hasty.

Project Nova continues to evolve and we remain committed to delivering a high-quality team-based shooter experience to EVE Online fans, while exploring new and exciting opportunities to integrate the two games. CCP is in no rush to release Project Nova until we’re satisfied it provides a rock-solid gameplay experience and visuals to match.

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

(LordOdysseus) #4977

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

Today I make more ISK and finish watching The Walking Dead, Season 4 in the meantime.

(Whitehound) #4978

But the one thing that glaciers are most famous for she didn’t write about. Glaciers destroy mountains and cut huge, ugly valleys into them. Worse, they dump all of the mountains’ soil and rocks into the ocean. Of course people don’t see this as bad. It’s what glaciers always have done, isn’t it? :thinking: