The mining permit scam

yet, chaos does not exist without order

It does.

Anywho, mining permits are not scams, stop misinforming newbros on an official thread…

2 Likes

Whoever said it is an official thread?

1 Like

You’re an ISD.
A representative of CCP on the forums.

That’s pretty official in my book… lol

E: the fact that its also permanently locked is also a.good indicator of it being official lmao

ISD stands for Interstellar Services Department. We are a group of volunteers who share our free time in order to assist fellow players in the world of EVE.

No, we do not represent CCP in an official manner.

1 Like

It’s a discussion of definitions at this point.

Looking at the synonyms of the word “scam”, it seems to be more of a dishonest trick or scheme. Not really meaning “Not upholding an agreement made in a threat”.

At this point, the word “extortion” that Mike provided does indeed seem to be the most fitting.

1 Like

It’s locked, because I locked it to prevent people from replying while it was/is being written.

So you take care of forum moderation and other community-related activities for CCP, but you don’t represent them…

So you’re telling me that you’re not restricted by any set of imposed rules from CCP despite doing work for them?

Yeah nah
I’m not buying it

It’s been locked since August 2018.
I mean…

1 Like

Alex, I’ll take “What is minerbumping” for 315 please.

5 Likes

yes; and it also has [a work in progress] in it’s title meaning it’s not complete, yet

So if people have feedback about it, they have to do new threads

That’s not how guides work in a constantly evolving game lol…
Mechanics change, people change, everything changes.

Community guides (where everyone can contribute) will always be better than a guide based on your own experience

1 Like

Now if only CCP could participate in this type of back and forth dialogue with their customers instead of acting like Icelandic mimes.

3 Likes

I’d like to see that, too. Players really enjoy it when CCP Fozzie and/or Rise come to the forums to debate new modules or ship balance with players. The threads get lively and players feel engaged with helping make the game better.

But by how much does it increase Revenue? This is a question a lot of companies are struggling with, in their efforts to cut costs and focus on ‘core competencies.’ If CCP saw proof that X posts a month increased the company’s profit - We’d see X posts a month :wink:

That’s irrelevant. The vast majority of people do not know this, nor would they believe it either. By all means are you a representative of CCP for those who matter … and that’s all that matters. You saying otherwise means exactly nothing.

There is no way of getting around the idea that you’re abusing your position.

2 Likes

a scam is when the “victim” expectations and outcome do not match, by the way the scammer presented the scam.
If I tell you You can buy my stuff for 10M and sell it 11M somewhere else, you expect to make a 1M benefit. If you actually are at a loss it’s a scam.

Presenting the situation as something official when it’s not is a scam. Also presenting something as protecting you from some organization while it does not also is a scam. Most of the scams are based on giving the illusion you will acquire something (thus require trust from the victim, eg in Jita you have people that play false “I won in his game”).

So yes, the mining permit is a scam.

And yes, it also is extortion. But most extortions are scams anyhow, because people rather present them as something else.

Don’t project your own stupidity on “the vast majority of people”

You’re the other “person” who does not know how to use the word properly.
I’m much smarter than you and you are well aware of that.

3 Likes

It’s not a scam.
It’s the law.
A player-made Law.
Being enforced by players.

If people don’t follow the law, do you really expect them to face no consequences? Lol

1 Like

This is an official Dom Arkaral thread. Anyone making comments doesn’t change that. Even if someone with a CCP tag comes in to say they don’t care for his playstyle, it’s just their personal opinion. ISD and CCP employees are allowed to express personal opinions in the forums.

Law is rules people agree on to live together.

What you are talking about is completely unrelated.

I like your thread. It’s all pretty dumb, but that’s absolutely not your fault. I actually want to have some artifical sort of artificial outrage, but I really have to admit that in actuality this really doesn’t matter.

He’s a bad writer. No one’s going to read this and people will make fun of him for how dumb it sounds. They’ll have to proofread it, and they’ll have to rewrite it. They have to, and I absolutely hope they will do so, because … and I’m ignoring the actual content of his “guides” here … it’s just embarrassing to read.

It’s as if it was written for idiots …

oh.

4 Likes