The Orca

nah barges aren’t at a good spot. see the retriever for example a total useless ship. if in fleet use covetor if alone use proc. also ppl keep saying adapt or die and are crying here about nerfing the Orca. if you don’t want an orca fleet around you fit a bumper ship and bump the hell out of them.

Wow. I’m so excited.:grin: How much TQ numbers it will cost. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Last time CCP released statistics the mack/rettie were the most used barges.

People do bump orcas. That’s not the complaint. The complaint is that the Orca overshadows the barges as a solo miner.

1 Like

people that put in the time and money (read: they’re clearly subbed), deserve what little power they’re given. The orca works as a solo miner because low hanging fruit predators typically avoid them. Which are probably the losers complaining about them more than anything. Because the smaller ships are more isk efficient, faster, and all around better at making isk out of ores. The only thing the orca got going for it is that it can sit out a couple of hours mining for weak pay. Such weak pay that running level 2 missions in a cruiser would yield more isk. Before going to the markets.

Orca is fine. The problem here are larping self-entitled people who believe that killing other players should be easier and if they can’t do that, stab them through CCP because they’re hateful little children.

11 Likes

And yet that is just not true. The Orca does not overshadow barges as a solo miner, the only benefit it has is that it has a large tank and huge storage space, but you have to be close to roids to get the same level of yield. I have compared my Orca to a skiff multiple times.

3 Likes

You deserve nothing. Or at least no more than a ganker deserves to be fed kills.

They are more used as solo miners than as fleet support. So yeah that’s not right.

3 Likes

I think because most people find the large ore hold the key thing, but it is not the yield as such.

And the key problem is why people use it. Not the ship itself. VNI nerf eliminated bot ratting? No. They just changed ships. Same as nerfing orca won’t solve anything. It will drive people out of the game and will feed free kills to gankers.

Only argument in this discussion supporting nerf is that orca is harder to kill. Which is hilarious

1 Like

if they do they are dumb cause they excel at nothing. don’t have enough ehp to survive the most basic gank and don’t mine fast enough to be in fleet like the cov.

yeah nerf the thing to the ground all will happen is ppl will lose interest in that activity.

I deserve it because I played honestly and gave ccp money. I deserve it because I worked for it. Comparing it to a ganker getting free kills is like comparing apples to oranges. Also, when it comes to gankers CCP should make it where gates launch you in a random spot within solar systems, not on gates to give gankers free kills.

2 Likes

why not? then make not possible for destroyers mount salvagers… remove all turrets and launchers from logi ships… remove all guns from dictors… and so on.

I deserve free “honest” miner kills because I gave CCP money. I deserve it because I worked for it.

6 Likes

If those “people” think PvP is ganking, then good riddance.

This change has more and more upside the more I hear about it!

You answered your own question.

2 Likes

Yeh, there’s usually 20-30 of them in a group.

6 Likes

If that was the case that’s what people would have done before (pre-miasmos the Orca had an ‘insane’ ore capacity). But they didn’t.

A yield nerf really is all it needs. And the tears you get from suggesting one is how you know people will stop using it as a solo miner if such were to happen.

You must be replying in the wrong thread.

You underestimate how many people solo mine without a dedicated hauler.

And if people lose interest, scarcity won’t be as necessary anymore. Plenty people mined before the Orca had it’s current yield. Plenty people will mine after. Anyone whining in between is basically saying they want unhealthy game play to continue.

That entitles you to nothing.

Ganking is also honest gameplay and they also give CCP money.

You really don’t understand how bad it is do you?

More Orcas are used for solo mining than fleet support.
More Orcas are used for mining than barges.

(if you don’t believe me, read the thread i linked above.)

So if destroyers were used more for salvaging than combat and more for salvaging than a noctis, then you might be onto something. You might see some nerfs.

1 Like

that doesn’t change the fact this ship is useless compared to other barges.

Yeah cause less players are good for game and company income right?

You don’t know what all the Orcas on Eve are doing. Your statements are opinion at best.

What I think YOU are doing is attempting to develop a false narrative.

4 Likes

There are better and vastly cheaper ships for that role. Why would I fly a 2b+ Orca if I could do it a whole lot cheaper?

To be as efficient and effective as possible an Orca miner is absolutely not afk. Lewisham apm? sure. Afk?
Impossible.

Not because of performance though. Its because they have tank and cargo. Thats what the barges are missing. Working more slowly is worth the larger tank and cargo.

Bear in mind they also have much higher skill requirements and cost a literal fortune.

That indicates a problem with the ships not being chosen or the content itself more than it does the one that is. Assuming your statement is true and not a wild assumption… which is vastly more likely.

He’s right there.

And there.

2 Likes