The Orca

Everything is OK with Orca and barges.

Read above:

The orca thing has been talked about till everyone is blue in the face. Itā€™s fantastic for its intended purpose, but it can do other things reasonably well. If you take the drones away outright it truly becomes an afk booster, much like it was initially. It doesnā€™t outmine any barge or exhumer by itself, but it has more tank and more storage. I think barges and exhuners need a bit of a buff and orcas need to be left the ā– ā– ā– ā–  alone.

2 Likes

You forgot to say that it cost ~2bil now.
I suppose 2bil ship which also require a lot of training time should have something besides being just a boost dummy.
Dont you think?

1 Like

Iā€™m doing my part. An Omen works great! And sometimes they leave behind presents for me, like augmented mining drones.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not suggesting to remove the mining drones from the Orca.

But it doesnā€™t need all the bonuses to mining drones it has now to be a fantastic mining support ship.

1 Like

Darn you guys busted me I donā€™t get out much, I donā€™t know the game and Iā€™m for boring gameplay.

There are these thingys called ice belts and moon ore where 4 exhumers and an Orca make more than @Etch_Masuka 's alt. Because I can get my fleet on grid in 10 minutes and can stay there for several hours. While @Etch_Masuka doesnā€™t start his ISK clock until after heā€™s at the data site and he just blew off scanning down the sigs in three systems. He just starts the clock before he plays connect the dots and says I madeā€¦x. (ghads talk about boring gameplayā€¦LOL). And if he wants to duplicate that he has to scan down 3 more systems (no AFK while youā€™re scanning cloaked or weā€™ll nerf you too )

I mine with corp mates in ice and moon belts where we talk on coms plotting which FOBs to take out, scan WHs and plan our attacks, etc. After a couple of hours ā€œworkā€ and a couple cups of coffee like this weekend I haveā€¦

The reprocessing screens estimate is probably high by 100,000,000 isk but it was a slow weekend (I had a 7/4 party at my Earth station). Had I spent two hours in an ice field and another moon mining that would be over a billion isk.

In 4.5 days I reach Mining Director V so my yields will go up substantially before next weekend.

Lastly, I want to get this straight, you all want to nerf the Orca because it has boring gameplay? Well speaking for all the miners in Eve, thatā€™s a very sweet sentiment but weā€™re going to decline your help at this time.

Then thereā€™s the people who go technical, ā€œitā€™s a command ship so blah blah blahā€. So if I see a Paladin in a L2 combat site weā€™re going to nerf Marauders right?

Iā€™ve read on the forum how simply awful hi sec is, and how wonderful low and null sec are - where itā€™s all real baby. Hi sec is freedom to do what you want without the permission of ā€œpower brokersā€ who decide where, when and how everybody plays. And thatā€™s where this is going.

Orcaā€™s in hi sec give people freedom to do what they want and they canā€™t be bullied to do otherwise. The only game Orcas have ruined is the one where hi sec denizens play like theyā€™re told to play.

6 Likes

Sure, they would be welcome for the people leeching off the Orca, but why would you ever fly an Orca just to boost other people and get absolutely nothing out of it?

Most will just get permanently docked or sold once the nerf happens.

1 Like

This is where CCP went wrong in the 1st place so itā€™s no fault of the players. Just bad thinking on CCPā€™s part.

In itā€™s original form, it couldnā€™t mine, but CCP caved to the whales/bots/whomever cause bots keep the lights on.

1 Like

Maybe just donā€™tā€¦ okayā€¦ for once ā€¦ if bots are the problem ADDRESS THE BOTS!!!

I like that it mines and pairs well with a hulk or 2ā€¦ if it doesnā€™t mine itself ā€¦ in a group of 2 or 3 itā€™s a waste

And is a big fat juicy kill mail; if itā€™s not worth being on grid ā€¦ then enjoy your procurers from here on out because thatā€™s all you MIGHT get

If boosting and helping other players isnā€™t your intention while mining, a mining fleet support like an Orca, Porpoise or Rorqual is not a good choice of ship for you. Try a Barge or Exhumer.

1 Like

Then praytell how do you deal with the boys without gimping the game making it less friendly for bots?

You mean aside from being a logi ship and a haulerā€¦

This bit right here is basically you saying you dont have to make any meaningful choices. And thats the issue.

Not bots.

AFK.

Different thing.

1 Like

Iā€™ll never understand AFKā€™ers. They go out of their way to NOT play the game that they are playingā€¦

5 Likes

Both of them donā€™t play the game. Whatā€™s the difference? (answer: no difference).

To you maybe,

but when it comes to addressing the issues with the orca, the bot report function will not help.

Pretty sure the bot report function is a placebo, anyway. The bots are all over null.

And yes, if you afk mine, you are exhibiting bot-like behavior, and therefore are labeled a bot. Donā€™t like the label? Donā€™t act like a bot.

1 Like

Youā€™re just terrible

500+ post closed thread on potential orca changes. All the same back and fourth bullshƬt where nobody agrees about anything. We arenā€™t going to agree. CCP will do what they want, or not, and weā€™ll have to deal with the aftermath or quit. Period.

I suspect this thread will be closed shortly anyway.

1 Like

Iā€™m saying the choices belong to me and Iā€™ve made them. And thereā€™s a movement afoot to reverse my decision(s). Because we canā€™t have the hi sec care bears running around like they own the place nosireebob. That is todally unacceptable.

Because doing most AFKable, difficult but profitable and necessary activities, ā€œactivelyā€, in a game designed in the late 90s and early 2000s, is equal to watching paint dry.

No sane person wants that for their free time, and then get to play actively with the fun parts.

Yet I guess CCP truly believes their game to be so FUN in every aspect, theyā€™d be willing to force you down an watch paint dry, litterally, or pay your way to the fun with real money.