The Red Dot thread

I don’t think you fully comprehend the magnitude of what you’ve unleashed by starting this thread.

There is a dedicated thread for this, dedicated to CCP not listening to our complaints about the red dot.

3 Likes

You serious ?

I know CCP is made of trolls who decided to make a game, stumbled upon a coder and we have EVE, but come on …

Been Googleing and you really cant turn it off.

This is the most CCP Soundwave thing I have seen in a decade.

I can imagine a staff meting on friday afteroon, managers piss drunk. Hilmar with them standing up - we haven’t fcked up this game in a while. And I dont mean make a mistake, I mean just a super iriating thing that server no purpose but to iritate players. We shall do this in memory of CCP Soundwave a horrible bastard that moved on to better place.

And the red dot was born.
And no one can remove it because its Hilmars idea.
And Hilmar does not make mistakes. Unless its about mining, but yeah …

Been back a few hours and they already managed to piss me off and I didn’t even do anything in game yet.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Serious.
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/the-red-dot-thread

AND, if someone else puts something there that you don’t know about, for example in your fleet hanger, lol, you know, no red dot. The only possible time it could be useful :rofl:

4 Likes

I also want to mention, everyone who has a life HATEs the red dots on their phone, they are like a plague that follows you around! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyone who likes red dots obviously has no life, just sayin :rofl:

2 Likes

How do you know this tho
:thinking:

As you can see ISD hid the ‘official’ Red Dot thread in the wrong section of the forum… (and refused to combine the existing ones, which is what they would normally do) also worth noting that CCP absolutely refuse to engage on the subject…

The only known reference from CCP is from an extremely aptly named CCP_Muppet who expressed the opinion that everyone loved it… or some such BS :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Briscuit said he brought it to the attention of CCP tho, so you KNOW it’s going to be fixddd

:fist:

1 Like

That’ll be oh so fruitful… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

tenor

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:

You got that right, especially since they hired goons what do you expect.

no no CCP has done their case studies and everyone else but you likes the red dot. New players find it helpful they say.

You’re preaching to the choir. Tried searching for posts about red dots ? There is no finer literature on these forums, except about Chloe.

I see we are home now :slight_smile:

Home is where the dots are

I honestly don’t see the point in the red dot. Maybe if it was a general “inventory alarm” that showed you recently got something (buy went away the moment you opened your inventory) that would be good.

As it sits now is just too tedious to go through and mouse over EVERY new item in the inventory. Just let me alt+c and have it remove the dot. I know I got something new. I’m the one that looted it.

1 Like

Repeat after me: “There are no red dots. There are no red dots. There are no red …”.

tenor (21)

2 Likes

It seems to me that there is literally so much negative commentary regarding the annoying red dot that CCP can only be leaving it in place because one of the developer techies kinda likes trolling Eve pilots who have nothing better to do than write posts on forums about how it glares at them when they’re playing … Oh damn, I just did that didn’t I?

I do like the anti-dot logo by the way @ Forum Posting Alt even if the colouration does look a little bit dodgy and nationalistic…

1 Like

:small_red_triangle_down: :small_red_triangle: :small_red_triangle_down: