The Return to WIS?

Hi CCP Darwin,

Thanks for the reply. It’s good to see you here in the Official Forums.

Last night while in Character Customization, I noticed the character doing different Idle movements, definitely much better than before. Besides the usual looking around and swinging of arms, one of the movements seemed to portray impatience and another one seemed to portray boredom. In fact the whole effect looks pretty damn good. However I didn’t see any chin scratching like before.

Anyway, I sincerely hope there will be other options to view those Idle movements than just in Character Creation. Thanks again for the reply.

DMC

Slurp slurp

1 Like

Currently, the new idles are used in the character customization screen, the character naming screen, the character sheet avatar header, the and character 3D full-body view.

The exception is the portrait screen, which kept the existing system for consistency and because it would not share much animation with the other screens, due to how portrait posing works.

7 Likes

Ahhh, so new Idle movements were added to almost all aspects of Avatar viewing.

I didn’t notice much movement in the Character Full Body portrait view but I’ll check it out again. I think the lighting effect in it should be changed, it seems to me the left side of the characters face is overly lighted / washed out.

I haven’t looked at the Character Sheet Avatar Header since that only shows the characters head but I’ll take a look at that as well. Now if facial expressions are also included in the Idle movements then that would definitely be a cool feature.

In my opinion the Character Customization screen is the best option for viewing the new Idle movements. The only problem is that the Character Customization screen doesn’t really get a lot of usage.

Having the new Idle movements included in the Character Naming screen is definitely nice, gotta give you creds for consistency and being very thorough, especially since that’s what new players see right at the start. Unfortunately that screen is only viewed once.

Hopefully Eve’s future holds more options to view these new Idle movements. Once again thanks for the reply and more importantly, thanks to all the Dev teams for their work in Eve.

DMC

1 Like

Well, it’s good to hear you are keeping the code up to date. That means there’s still the tiniest chance of seeing avatar play sometime in the future.

Why camp Jita 4/4 for diminishing returns when you can dock up and personally shoot the spambots, ISK doublers, scammers, 0.01 ISKers and all the other currently untouchable players in the face?

Dare to dream, fellow capsuleers. Dare to dream.

1 Like

Bring back WIS

2 Likes

It will never happen, here is why.

If WiS doesn’t contain anything NEW to do related to space ships, there is no point.

If WiS contains anything NEW that is related to spaceships everyone will complain they are being forced to WiS.

It is a no win for CCP.

Having already faced this paradox, it will never happen again.

2 Likes

Seems players forget that when WiS was first proposed, the vast majority of the playerbase liked the ideas. It was only after CCP’s terrible implementation and development allocation faceplants began that eve players realized the core game was at risk and rightly demanded CCP refocus on spaceships-only.

If - IF - they do WiS right it would be fine. IMO it’s very likely to happen under PA and the chances of it being done right greatly increased by what CCP has (hopefully - hey, it could happen) learned and what direction PA might wish to go.

6 Likes

Write to EA for another add on to Sims and everyone will be happy… There is way more things to do in game and to fix than creating again terrible Sims in space that no one will use anyway, same as old version.

Problem with WIS is that only people demanding it are loud. But actually how many independent players want it back compared to overall player base? rhetorical question

1 Like

Go the Conan Exiles route and have WiS…

Willies in Stations

Then we can talk

Lets talk about it when CCP as company matures enough to show something more than spaceships. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Secret Code Word for: Becomes Like WoW

1 Like

honestly i wish CCP would focus on the WIS stuff instead of messing with the actual game.

1 Like

Honestly I hope CCP will continue to fix game that where ruined by players for years instead adding useless stuff that brings nothing to actual gameplay.

1 Like

sadly

…And now, the howling can already be heard from low orbit and the Goon tears, mixed with bile, sustain both the forums and Reddit.

CCP might as well announce a Star Citizen scale WIS while they’re at that. It won’t be worse than the Drifters followed by axing nullsec local.

1 Like

Better don’t trash another topic with bots tears. Current changes to null are requested by community from years and are best changes to game from a long time. Null afk farmers have enough topic to share salt.

2 Likes

I wish they had finished the implementation rather than remove it. CCP spent so much effort on games that never got published, when instead, they could have used that work to ‘finish’ walking in stations. It would have been the perfect vehicle for micro transactions, betting on fights, games and whatever. allowing us to buy drugs, ammo, drones, whatever as an in game person.

To reduce load on the server, when we passed through the door of our quarters, we could have been passed to another server, that had minimal impact on tranquility. So much potential that was left to die on the vine. Sure nobody used captains quarters, because we ran out of things to do there after a few hours.

I can only dream of how much fun there could be had in the old Gallente Station:

3 Likes

There is nothing to finish. They need to write everything from scratch since WIS code was outdated and not usable. Please, read dev blog first, before trying to discuss

Notice she said ‘could have used’? Meaning past tense.

As for your reply, that was just an excuse CCP used for removing it. Their main reason for removing it was that supposedly only 3% of the playerbase used it. Course that’s understandable since CCP released that content with no gameplay associated with it and over the years never bothered to finish it.

Then they tried to justify that by stating 4-6 weeks of development work each year was required to maintain it. They also stated that to update the CQ would take roughly 6-8 months of development work. When you think of it, that’s not really a lot of time required to preserve and not waste all the time they originally invested in creating it. The last reason stated for removing it was all that Dev time would be better served elsewhere.

I personally think it was all part of CCP looking to downsize and conserve expenditures pertaining to both employees and server space…

2 Likes