The Trigs are coming!

Just read the summary on Reddit:

… and I start to revise my initial assessment. This sounds much worse now.

• Different effects, procedural generated not known upfront just means, only one ship fit will be optimal for this.
  • WTF, limited camera zoom?? Performance of fancy graphics on older machines is already very bad …
  • Apparently no restrictions of starting space, bye bye risk/rewards and PvP … this is true instancing
1 Like

Trying to keep my powder dry until all info is out but this sounds really lame

You spend years training skills and learning pvp gaining experience to have the game turn into a roll of the dice.

Bad

1 Like

You are missing info (from the round table I think) when you exit these instances you will have a suspect flag.

Guess that is how CCP got this feature past the nullbears on the CSM.

4 Likes

So you place an Orca with an alt outside the exit and secure loot and ship once you exit. See how fast I broke this…

This is really really bad!!

Thinking a bit more about this, it may actually trigger some rather fun PvP

2 Likes

Is that a joke from CCP? They want to control my camera? :psyccp:

Oh now I am sure I don’t have to tell you about bump Machariel’s.:wink:

1 Like

So CONCORD is encouraging capsuleers to go forth and explore… then rewarding them with a suspect flag on their return? This will be even worse than being ganked…

2 Likes

This is really cool. Didn’t expect CCP going that far. OMFG, this will be super sweet in highsec.

1 Like

Yeah the best way to run this content is going to be sit at another players exit, gank them get both the loot and their ships loot as well!

4 Likes

Actually, if true, that probably isn’t a bad solution. Better let them be used with risk in highsec, than to not be used at all there.

I think the clever will find ways to still avoid most of the risk in highsec by transferring the loot to a depot or fleet hanger, but many PvEers aren’t the most creative types, and even the best of us can get lazy or make a mistake, so ships will explode. And at least the ship running the site will be at risk which puts a much needed check on just using the most blinged out PvE ships to run instanced content.

1 Like

You’d actually have to be pretty stupid to run the site yourself rather than sit outside and let someone else do it for you and then gank them when they come out :rofl:

1 Like

and who will bother with such sites? Solo pver? pve=/=pvp yet CCP still try to merge those two. Who will risk Gila to first try the site and then survive the gank on the end side? It’s one sided gameplay.

3 Likes

Null bears who run these in protected systems.

4 Likes

even so with many different module stat possibilities assigning a value to an item is a hard job. With the current items you can pretty easily check the market or market history, and that usually gets it right for most items.

1 Like

Someone with friends and who want the juicy loot inside. Just have your friends warp to the exit point when you are about to leave and they’ll have your back if a fight materializes.

It’s not one-sided at all. You know the time and place you are vulnerable and can prepare by scouting and having your friends on standby. It will be a conflict driver, providing a time and place to fight over something, sort of how this game is suppose to work.

Honestly, the odds of someone looking to for PvP to find your beacon in some backwater highsec system is miniscule. There are plenty of places for solo players to take their chances no one will come by in 20 minutes and probably succeed. the brave ones that do will be rewarded most of the time, and the timid players who are afraid of that small risk can stick to farming their L4s and buy that sweet loot from the bold ones that roll the dice.

5 Likes

which is bad.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, bit disappointed after the ships and mods panel, the lack of anything damage or resist related really really killed my excitement for this feature because nothing on the list really applies to ships i fly, so now i have no real investment in the feature, the triglavian hulls look pretty but don’t look like they will be of any functional use to me, CCP now have the killmail for what little hype they gave me at the keynote yesterday :frowning:

2 Likes

15 minutes of guarding one player having fun inside just to try RNG on module? Right, fun gameplay.

3 Likes

Except in highsec your friends can’t help you, you are the only one with the suspect flag. Your friends can’t attack a hunter that is waiting for you because they would get CONCORDOKKEN, they can’t rep you because then they get a suspect flag.

Now I don’t think that there will be hunter sitting waiting on every highsec Abyssal exit, but it is strange that high sec will be the most unsafe place to run these.

2 Likes

There are multiple options how to get away or how to turn this around. And yes it will probably be a mix of PvP and PvE tactics to get the loot and get the loot back to station.

I already have some ideas

1 Like