The way we talk on the forums.. Needs fixing

So you saying I flagged your posts, since my above posts got flagged?

Let me just be clear, I didn’t.

The only person I’ve ever flagged was LSG for obvious reasons.

I didn’t say it was you but somebody who recently visited this thread flagged my reply which was posted 6 hrs ago.

It has a lot to do with the thread topic.
Naari is mad that people call them out for being a liar, a hypocrite, and various other things.

Showing the behaviour that goes on that is the real cause of why people actually work together when pointing out why Naari’s ideas and behaviour are bad, and it’s not because they are all alts of one person, unlike Naari who ran through at least half a dozen alts in a week at one point because they kept getting forum banned…

That’s totally on topic.

5 Likes

I don’t know about this flagging though.

I’m pretty sure CCP have changed it in the past, somewhere around when LSG was spamming these boards.

It seems extremely easy to hide posts now. Anyway, ISD’s have said they check the flagged posts and unflag them if it is not legitimate. Whether they actually do that or not, that is another issue.

Oh my scrolling back in the thread now I see it… the battle of the banners has begun.

2 Likes

The first flag allows you to edit it after 10 minutes time then ISD’s supposedly check it the 2nd time it’s flagged.

I don’t flag unless it’s in the wrong forum section, just an obvious troll OP or someone being truly disgusting even for our… “standards”. Case in point: I’ve not flagged Naari anywhere nor DMC.

Unless there’s an actual issue it’s terribly childish and a waste of ISD time.

2 Likes

No, I somehow wasn’t aware of that. Can’t be informed about every carebear drama. But well… why am I not surprised…?

And I guess the “evil scum” he so much hates and thinks are the end of the game are the people who tried to kill his corp so he can’t abuse more new players?

Well at least it makes all sense now

Edit; OOOh, I just red Scipio’s post now. Holy shite!!

2 Likes

What does that mean?

…and there is the endgame…

4 Likes

It is a picture / meme referring to the post flagging.

(As in now the thread is full of flags / banners / hidden posts. The picture is from Game of Thrones the Battle of the Bastards, thus this is the Battle of the Banners. :wink: )

…and just a reminder to all just how manipulative and destructive the OP is.

2 Likes

Irony overload from the person that is fond of presenting his opinion as indisputable fact; despite all evidence to the contrary.

In my experience they do, there are a couple of people on the forums that continually flag my posts for daring to disagree, bringing up commonly accepted conventions such as burden of proof and picking holes in their logic; more often than not the posts in question are unflagged in short order.

7 Likes

Cool. Good to know.

It might have been unfair insinuating ISD’s are not doing a proper job. I apologize.

After all, they are volunteers that are spending their free time on dealing with people on these boards. I can respect that.

2 Likes

Someone will probably be along shortly to flag any dissenting posts…

The ISD team must love those guys for providing them with extra work on top of them having to control a bunch of rambunctious rascals like us.

4 Likes

I’ll refer you to the tin foil hat post above.

Even the “goon scum” posts largely come from a place of good will. They may have a different perspective of how the game works or what is important, but they aren’t actively trying to kill the game. They aren’t out to get you personally, or out to meta game you on the forums. They just are largely just giving their opinions.

:slight_smile: Of course it isn’t that simple. There are going to be people that agree with your views, both loudly and silently. There are also going to be other players that vehemently disagree with your views of the game or what it should be equally loudly or perhaps silently. Just because there is opposition your idea isn’t evidence of a consipiracy - there is going to be opposition to any opinion or idea from somewhere.

You don’t need any approval and you don’t need to care about other opinions. But I’m not sure why you think other people should approve of your ideas or care about them either. You are just another bloke, sharing their views on a video game. Yes, there are plenty of terrible ideas or opinions of Eve Online floated on the forums (including by you), but that doesn’t in any way validate your views.

By all means speak your mind, and share and defend your ideas. Just don’t expect people to always agree with you. Dismissing their reasoned opposition, alternate view points or other expectations for the game as the actions of idiots or your personal enemies isn’t going to make these forums work better. It’s just isolating you.

13 Likes

You know, maybe you’re interested into buying some aluminum too?
It looks like tin, but it has some other properties…

I’m pretty sure Elon Musk uses more Aluminum than Tin, for in case that you’re into space projects, not that it has anything to do with propulsion in space, or does it.?.

:grin:

2019-08-23T04:00:00Z

• Do you read: 1 line then reply?
  • Do you read: 1 post then reply?
  • Do you read: The first 10 posts then reply?
  • Do you read: The last 10 posts then reply?
  • Do you read: Other than above option , then reply?
  • Do you read: The whole thread, then reply?
  • Do you read: The whole thread, and related content from references, then reply?
  • Do you read: And do not reply?
  • Do you read: Flag and run away?
0 voters

Poll is running for 5 days and I don’t know if users can see that before it expires.

Tin is a chemical element with the symbol Sn (from Latin: stannum) and atomic number 50. Tin is a silvery metal that characteristicly has a faint yellow hue. Tin , like indium, is soft enough to be cut without much force.

It’s also a relatively rare metal, first mined and refined in what is now Turkey. It was mined in Cornwall, in the UK, for the best part of 4000 years (2000BC-1998). Cornwall still has the highest concentration of tin and copper ores in the world, most of it way under the seabed. IIRC correctly Cornwall is home to one of the largest submarine mines in the world, extending some distance out under the Atlantic seafloor.

Also the home of the famous Cornish Pasty, not the Ginsters crap, but the traditional fare of a Cornish tin miner.
Imgur

7 Likes

Why not make bronze with tin and copper if you have the most tin and copper in the world and on the planet?
Unless the world moves to the moon or something, I would say.

I have lots of photos of Turkish restaurant meals.

[Edited photos and a youtube link out, however, I don’t know if that was the problem or a problem or anything anyways.]

1 Like

Well great, now I’m hungry and stuck at the auto mechanics with no way to get one of those tasty looking meals. Too bad I couldn’t just shove one in my bag before leaving the house… but if I had that good a foresight, I’d have won the lottery by now.

2 Likes