Theft of moon ore and war

For a start, it’s not their ore, they might own the ath that produces the belt but the ore belongs to the local empire. If they think it’s their ore then they should enfore it, if they can’t they have no business having a structure. They have a slew of options, we don’t need any other mechanisms, modules or anything else.

If anything, it should be opened up, all frack times should be public information and no more yellow wrecks, make them all blue.

I am against afk style game play. Orcas have massive holds and can sit for hours mining afk, skiffs need to be emptied on a regular basis.

Orcas and Rorquals should have never been made viable mining ships, now they have turned into hoover fleets.

Getting concorded for enforcing it is not good gameplay. I’m merely proposing that mining ore that wasn’t yours to mine flag you, or at the very least provide a limited engagement timer with owners of the athenor.

You say they should enforce their claim, and I agree. Concord, however, gets in the way.

BS carebear excuse.

2 Likes

who cares if Orca’s are mining AFK…bring friends…drop an exhumer fleet with boosts…mine everything around them before they even get a single rock swallowed up…rinse and repeat.

Trust me a 5 man skiff fleet supported by a hauler and 1 booster Orca can nab at least 1.2 Million m3 before an Orca can kill a single rock.

1 Like

hmph…who cares about Concord…
A few Vaga’s, Stabbers, Machariels and most miners are done with the belt…even their own if you are also actively mining it while bumping/invading their grid.

Edit: We do not need suspect flags for the moon belts, especially with the way the War Dec Mechanics are going now.

Yeah I agree. But again, skiffs aren’t really easier to ganker. The Orcas aren’t invulnerable either. If you get a fleet of alts together you can pull it off.

Are you familiar with the basics of ganking (scanning, tank/DPS math, CONCORD response times, CONCORD relocation)? If not I’m sure we can work it out here together.

Yes, I have done my share of ganking, although it has been a few years. I don’t have any moons to protect, I am just against afk game play and botting.

Is it possible to change the day and time the moon mats pop or is that something that can only be done when a station is first set up?

Maybe the solution is to have the ability to change timers to mess with anyone coming for the ore?

The bottom line is if you can’t defend something, you don’t deserve to have it.

1 Like

yes it is possible to change the time and day you want a moon belt to spawn.
I think the lowest time is 6 days and the longest is 55 days and some change…
You set the moon drill on a schedule…but if you want to change it you have to end the current draw timer and restart it.

Some one of course that is looking to keep mining on a particular moon, can simply check the distance between moon chunk and station to get an idea of its rough approx time to fracture.

Well adding moons to 0.5 systems has created content.

Also I don’t think you can mine AFK, ice maybe, but normal roids in asteroid belts nope. I have no idea on the moon mining in terms of size of roids, but if they are very large then perhaps it is the same as ice.

That’s essentially what it all boils down to.

2 Likes

Late reply but just to fyi it for you,

Approx 40km3 is a small rock in a moon belt. 80km3 is common on the small side. 128km3 is a good and common size. Big ones are over 270km3.

In most systems now you get 65k to 80k of Veld in each roid if anyone does even a little mining. 32k of Scordite units. That is mostly what I see in fact I am finding it a bit tedious.

My question was about the roid size from moon mining belts that get created by Athanors for example.

For example and a better way to say it, at the moment I am looking at condensed Scordite with 5,400 m3 in them on average so if we take a ship doing 1480m3 every 75.5 seconds on a T2 Strip miner that is 5 minutes per roid, Hardly AFK

The larger ones are 120-130K m3.

In an Orca, they are big enough to mine almost AFK for a long time. If there are a couple of larger roids reasonably close together and you split drones, you can easily mine over an hour AFK before coming back to check.

With the Orca ore hold being 180K m3, it’s pretty easy if you can split drones on different roids, to just move ore once into the fleet hangar (40K m3) and the cargo hold (size being skill dependent) and mine almost entirely AFK until the Orca is full.

I don’t get such big roids where I mine most of the time.

It is impossible to mine almost entirely AFK until the Orca is full. I would call it low attention, but using AFK to describe this is just wrong.

Sure. I drove to the supermarket and did my groceries while moon mining in 0.5 the other day, but low attention is fine. It was pretty low attention to be not even home.

Which is why I was making a differential between moons and normal belts… because I suspected that the size of the roids from moons was so much larger.

That’s honestly part of the problem right there.

AFK Orca miners in roid belts usually just assign one drone per big rock and that takes quite some time to mine.

Ironically the miners that are probably the most active players are the super efficient swarms of Skiffs that vacuum up an ice belt in just a few minutes and they are also the most hated by other miners. Jet they are often the ones getting accused being bots.

I always mine ice in a skiff or two, but I am not a bot. It totally makes sense to use a skiff in ice belts.

As for the comments about roid belts and Orca’s, it is still not AFK, just low attention.